2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 18:19 Quote
does anybody here running a non-boost crank on their meta 4.2? how's the chainring's clearance on your frames? pics would be good. thanks

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 18:37 Quote
Hi Raident30,

Try asking in Commencal Philippines. I have seen meta am 4.2 there with non boost cranks, not sure about the size of the chainring though.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 1:57 Quote
raident30 wrote:
does anybody here running a non-boost crank on their meta 4.2? how's the chainring's clearance on your frames? pics would be good. thanks

I'm running a non-boost crank with a 30T-chainring on my meta 4.2 and it's working pretty well. i would say an 32T would also be no problem:

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 2:00 Quote
alexthekid wrote:
Love the look of the Meta v.2. Just worried the seat tube is too high and will get in the way on steep stuff / big jumps.

I'm 5'10" and would need a large frame. Anyone had any similar issues??

I'm also 5'10" and had the same worries but it works without any problems by now.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
grafzahl wrote:
raident30 wrote:

I'm running a non-boost crank with a 30T-chainring on my meta 4.2 and it's working pretty well. i would say an 32T would also be no problem:

thanks man! this is really a great help for me! getting myself an xt m8000 cranks now!

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
Hi grafzahl, how about the clearance of the crankarms to chainstay and seatstay. Heard from 4.2 users their foot hitting the stays.

I am thinking if my saint cranksets will fit the v4.2.

Thanks

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 0:00 Quote
hoyas wrote:
Hi grafzahl, how about the clearance of the crankarms to chainstay and seatstay. Heard from 4.2 users their foot hitting the stays.

I am thinking if my saint cranksets will fit the v4.2.

Thanks

Hi Hoyas,
i would say the distance to the chainstay is normal, from my point of view absolutely harmless.
The seatstays are actually a bit wider than other frames I had ridden before.
I have taped the seatstays and so far I had no problems with.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 2:45 Quote
thanks grafzahl

thinking if going for saint cranks or xt cranks for meta am 4.2

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
Finally got it built up today, just waiting for delivery of the dropper and pedal so got my old ones on for now, whatcha think?

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 1:10 Quote
bendy wrote:
Finally got it built up today, just waiting for delivery of the dropper and pedal so got my old ones on for now, whatcha think?

Damn so hot !
Are these the 35W Hope ?

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 3:41 Quote
Nope, don't think I need rims that wide. Coming from 19mm internal I thought the 23mm inner of those would be fine, and they are, might go wider in the future when it's time to replace the rims but I don't recon I will go all the way to 35. Probably look for something that's 28-30 inner.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
Just bought a AM 4.2 Essential. HUGE upgrade for me, cant wait to ride it. Had ace reviews everywhere.
Looking forward to asking you guys lots of questions as and when I need to!!

Hopefully get delivered this week, if not early next. Taking it to my local bike shop to give it the once over before I take it out, as I read that the reverb needs bleeding. Anything else I should be aware of before? I'm buying from Chain Reaction by the way. Not sure how well they put their bikes together.

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
macs1981 wrote:
Just bought a AM 4.2 Essential. HUGE upgrade for me, cant wait to ride it. Had ace reviews everywhere.

Hopefully get delivered this week, if not early next. Taking it to my local bike shop to give it the once over before I take it out, as I read that the reverb needs bleeding. Anything else I should be aware of before? I'm buying from Chain Reaction by the way. Not sure how well they put their bikes together.

You won't need to visit your LBS unless you are not able to bolt on wheels and bars.
The bike is good to be ridden when you got it ;-)

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
macs1981 wrote:

Why though? They sell directly to customer. It's 2.999€ + shipping from them and 3242,49€ from CRC

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
maraczech wrote:
macs1981 wrote:

Why though? They sell directly to customer. It's 2.999€ + shipping from them and 3242,49€ from CRC

Bought from CRC for £2339 delivered for free.
I got Essential......

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023173
Mobile Version of Website