2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
AntonLeBreton wrote:
macs1981 wrote:
Just bought a AM 4.2 Essential. HUGE upgrade for me, cant wait to ride it. Had ace reviews everywhere.
Looking forward to asking you guys lots of questions as and when I need to!!

Hopefully get delivered this week, if not early next. Taking it to my local bike shop to give it the once over before I take it out, as I read that the reverb needs bleeding. Anything else I should be aware of before? I'm buying from Chain Reaction by the way. Not sure how well they put their bikes together.

You won't need to visit your LBS unless you are not able to bolt on wheels and bars.
The bike is good to be ridden when you got it ;-)

Really? I hope so..... I've read in a few places that the dropper needs bleeding? Anyone had that issue?

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
Sometimes the dropper might need shortening or bleeding but you can try it when it turns up first and see.

Apart from that I would recommend a bolt check, my linkage bolts came loose after a ride or 2. So just give them all a quick check and you should be good to go.

Also just make sure the brakes are the correct way round for you! I made that mistake haha

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 15:25 Quote
macs1981 wrote:
AntonLeBreton wrote:
macs1981 wrote:
Just bought a AM 4.2 Essential. HUGE upgrade for me, cant wait to ride it. Had ace reviews everywhere.
Looking forward to asking you guys lots of questions as and when I need to!!

Hopefully get delivered this week, if not early next. Taking it to my local bike shop to give it the once over before I take it out, as I read that the reverb needs bleeding. Anything else I should be aware of before? I'm buying from Chain Reaction by the way. Not sure how well they put their bikes together.

You won't need to visit your LBS unless you are not able to bolt on wheels and bars.
The bike is good to be ridden when you got it ;-)

Really? I hope so..... I've read in a few places that the dropper needs bleeding? Anyone had that issue?

When you buy a bike, it has to be dialed, and Commencal seems to be a serious brand tup
And the Reverb doesn't need to be bled with the old new Connectamajig which create an interface between the hose and the seat post in order to avoid air in the circuit Smile

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:36 Quote
Cheers people.....gonna take it in LBS anyway. Just got the once over as I'm no good. Then I can't wait to ride. Good news about the Dropper!

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 6:14 Quote
Oh wow this bike beggars belief, got the race eagle in brushed, 3rd time out on it been off bike for 4 months and set the fastest ever time down the main trail at my local

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
toad321 wrote:
Oh wow this bike beggars belief, got the race eagle in brushed, 3rd time out on it been off bike for 4 months and set the fastest ever time down the main trail at my local

Yes mate!!!! News I love to hear. I'll let you know how I get on.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 19:34 Quote
i pulled the trigger and ordered amV4.2 red frame with the fox shocks. Smile

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 1:41 Quote
When you buy a bike, it has to be dialed, and Commencal seems to be a serious brand tup
And the Reverb doesn't need to be bled with the old new Connectamajig which create an interface between the hose and the seat post in order to avoid air in the circuit Smile [/Quote]

I had to shorten my Reverb hose and also you should check the bolts. My linkage bolts were not tightened. The bike was not really ready to go, but a quick check is all that was needed.

That being said, this bike is amazing. I've done some XC-style tours with lots of ascends with it and also took it to the bikepark and it handled everything perfectly. It's awesome on jumps and downhill trails.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 9:01 Quote
I haven't bought a bike since 2011 and am thinking I need to switch things up from my knolly delirium. Two bikes on my radar are the Banshee Rune v3and the v4.2 (with the capra and giant reign also in the considering). I haven't ridden either but looking at the specs, the press fit bb of the v4.2 is a negative (mostly because of what I've read). Asides from this, can anyone who has ridden both comment/give opinions of these 2 bikes? Cheers.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
Anybody ridden a Yeti SB6c that owns a Meta v4.2? How do they compare, any insight? I was locked in to a v4.2 until a great deal on a used SB6c poped up.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 23:51 Quote
thano wrote:
Anybody ridden a Yeti SB6c that owns a Meta v4.2? How do they compare, any insight? I was locked in to a v4.2 until a great deal on a used SB6c poped up.

I came from sb66 which is no comparison to this bike haha, you won't go wrong with either bike though!

Stupid question maybe, but does the lyrik come with the volume spacers or do I need to buy them?

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
Stupid question maybe, but does the lyrik come with the volume spacers or do I need to buy them?[/Quote]

Mine came with three! I put them all in, just in case.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
dudeism wrote:
Stupid question maybe, but does the lyrik come with the volume spacers or do I need to buy them?

Mine came with three! I put them all in, just in case.[/Quote]

I read it came with them installed, I can't remember seeing any in my box and I can't be bothered to look in the forks haha

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 3:38 Quote
I read it came with them installed, I can't remember seeing any in my box and I can't be bothered to look in the forks haha[/Quote]

If it works, sure! I wouldn't bother as well. Mine came with a little plastic bag in the box, the three spacers were in there.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 9:17 Quote
dudeism wrote:
I read it came with them installed, I can't remember seeing any in my box and I can't be bothered to look in the forks haha

If it works, sure! I wouldn't bother as well. Mine came with a little plastic bag in the box, the three spacers were in there.[/Quote]

I've not done anything with big hits, and the first thing I probably do with big hits will be a race haha, my only concern

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023206
Mobile Version of Website