Production Privee Owners

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Production Privee Owners
Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
olrenison wrote:
dagzin wrote:

So why didn't you drill in the down tube? Go full stealth instead of half stealth???

You mean a second entry hole and a third exit hole at the head tube? I'd have thought the BB is too tight a bend to get it around that way?
Anyway, the routing doesn't bother me. It looks great now and I can live with the one hole.

No I meant a 1st and 2nd hole, one so the cable enters the down tube by/near the headset then exit above the be like most do and into the seat tube..
Wouldnt be an extreme bend.. but fair play.. your happy with it and took the balls to do it. Hats offs to ya

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
dagzin wrote:
franck22 wrote:
Here's my new build... Shan GT 935!!

photo

Nice, but what is that huge spacer at the bottom of your head tube for/why..?

It's a crown race to run it with a 140mm fork, original design is 160mm with B+ tires

Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 15:59 Quote
franck22 wrote:
dagzin wrote:
franck22 wrote:

photo

It's a crown race to run it with a 140mm fork, original design is 160mm with B+ tires

Ah thanks..
outta interest what is the frame size?

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 16:22 Quote
dagzin wrote:
franck22 wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Ah thanks..
outta interest what is the frame size?

It's a Large. I was on a medium Oka before that and the fitment on this one is much better

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
Wow that Gt is lush.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
dagzin wrote:
olrenison wrote:
dagzin wrote:

So why didn't you drill in the down tube? Go full stealth instead of half stealth???

You mean a second entry hole and a third exit hole at the head tube? I'd have thought the BB is too tight a bend to get it around that way?
Anyway, the routing doesn't bother me. It looks great now and I can live with the one hole.

No I meant a 1st and 2nd hole, one so the cable enters the down tube by/near the headset then exit above the bb like most do and into the seat tube..

Eh? That's still 3 holes but backwards to how I described it no?

Hole 1 - from bar into downtube near headset.
Hole 2 - out of downtube above bb
Hole 3 - Into the seat tube to meet the post.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
I wouldn't drill 3 holes. I wouldn't drill 1 hole either.

You know that PVD guy even his frame cracked around the hole by the headtube/top of downtube.

photo

So after the frame above cracked by the top dropper routing hole he welded a brace over the hole and painted it blue.

photo

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 0:40 Quote
Work in progress ....

photo

Soon on the trails Cool

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
Nice bikes.

Some winter / spring rides on local trails: https://youtu.be/xqhdmTXIoPg

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 14:07 Quote
franck22 wrote:
dagzin wrote:
franck22 wrote:

photo

Would you mind measuring the wheelbase? No numbers on the Pp geo charts....

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 18:07 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:

1181mm, that's center to center of both axles. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 23:22 Quote
franck22 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

1181mm, that's center to center of both axles. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

It does thanks. I'm having a hard time choosing between an L and an XL! How tall are you / inseam?

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 4:06 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:

It does thanks. I'm having a hard time choosing between an L and an XL! How tall are you / inseam?

I was hesitating between the M and L, as I was an M Oka before. Glad I went with the L.

I'm 1.78m, inseam I don't know really, but I'm more of a long legs/ small torso proportion lol

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
franck22 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

I was hesitating between the M and L, as I was an M Oka before. Glad I went with the L.

I'm 1.78m, inseam I don't know really, but I'm more of a long legs/ small torso proportion lol

Thanks. Think I will go XL then. I'm 1.86m and all legs and stubby torso also. I can get away with putting the seat forward a bit as the seat angle isn't that steep.

How does it ride? I can't find any reviews at all.
Have you had any other similarish bikes to compare it with? Stanton? canfield? Etc?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.078292
Mobile Version of Website