YT tues sizing

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT tues sizing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 7:44 Quote
HI

sorry if its old news but just wondering if anyone on here around the 5'11" mark rides a YT tues and what size you ride? I don't intend on racing it but more for uplft and bike park use so would like it to be nimble, good on jumps and airtime!

any good feedback would be great

cheers

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 8:12 Quote
I'm 5'11 on a medium. Came from a medium 2012 demo and i found the M tues felt big at first but now it's quite comfortable. Wish I could have tried a large, but still happy with the medium. If I end up buying a capra I think I will go large

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
sdaly wrote:
I'm 5'11 on a medium. Came from a medium 2012 demo and i found the M tues felt big at first but now it's quite comfortable. Wish I could have tried a large, but still happy with the medium. If I end up buying a capra I think I will go large

think I will try and find someone with both sizes and try them out, I want it to be more agile then flat out race so worried the large might be a bit big for what I ride.

I have the large capra AL1 and a bit like you it felt big at first but once I got used to it its perfect and I had go on a medium not that long after I got mine and there is no way I could have got away with it so I would say a large would be fine!

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 14:57 Quote
I'm 6 feet and ride a large Tues. It feels great although I didn't try the medium before I bought. From all of the research I did, the large was the size for me.

Good luck, it's an awesome bike.

Max

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 16:19 Quote
I am 5'11" and had a go on a large. Felt a bit big, they're fairly long in the reach. Could have been okay with a slightly lower bar and shorter stem. I think I'd probably prefer a medium, especially for park.

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves Mondraker's forward geometry trail bikes. I don't think DH bikes should be quite as long in the cockpit. More stack and less reach to give a similar bar-to-bb distance. Compared to the capra the sizing doesn't really translate. They're fairly short for some reason.

That said, Gwin rides a large and he's about 5'10". When you're that fast though I guess you want as much length as you can get away with.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
6ft 2 on a large and it's a wee bit too small, but I like my dh bikes long.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 13:57 Quote
maxtraxx wrote:
I'm 6 feet and ride a large Tues. It feels great although I didn't try the medium before I bought. From all of the research I did, the large was the size for me.

Good luck, it's an awesome bike.

Max

cheers I cant wait....:-)

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 14:02 Quote
AgrAde wrote:
I am 5'11" and had a go on a large. Felt a bit big, they're fairly long in the reach. Could have been okay with a slightly lower bar and shorter stem. I think I'd probably prefer a medium, especially for park.

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves Mondraker's forward geometry trail bikes. I don't think DH bikes should be quite as long in the cockpit. More stack and less reach to give a similar bar-to-bb distance. Compared to the capra the sizing doesn't really translate. They're fairly short for some reason.

That said, Gwin rides a large and he's about 5'10". When you're that fast though I guess you want as much length as you can get away with.

yeah good advice, I have sat on a large but didn't ride it but it did feel long, i'm torn as it will be mainly for park! but will have to make my mind up soon before they sell out....

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
I'm 6ft and ride a large Tues and sizing feels spot on for me. Also have a L Capra and they look pretty similar in size when side by side so think you'd be fine on a large if your Capra's alright.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 9:42 Quote
I'm 5'11" and my medium feels perfect to me. I tend to like a smaller bike though.

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
Oh one thing that's worth knowing. The AL and CF have different geometry. The large AL is in the middle of the medium and large CF. I was talking about the CF one, I'd go large on an AL.

Completely forgot about that until just now.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:40 Quote
Thanks for the advice guys, I have gone large so now have a cf comp on its way and cant wait to take it out for a blastBig Grin .....

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 15:27 Quote
You'll love it, they're awesome bikes.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 5:45 Quote
Congrats man! Sick bike!

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
lol I'm 5'8 should I just go with a small ?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011310
Mobile Version of Website