BC Roadtrip, places I should hit

PB Forum :: Canada - West
BC Roadtrip, places I should hit
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
its gonna be in the summer of 09 and i have about a month, any suggestions?

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
where are you driving from? what type of riding are you into (bike parks, local single track stuff, dj)? there are tons of options, just need to narrow it down a bit.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
Perfect trip hitting all the hot spots...

Kamloops - bike ranch, sun peaks ( lift access ) harper mountain, loops trails

This will cover a few days for sure. there's tons of trails, to ride hit the ski hill for a few days, and than rock out the bike ranch and dj's for a lil.

Vernon - (silver star) - by far second best lift access in bc next to whistler. its got everything, except the busy line ups from whistler.

Kelowna - gillard, postil, powers, bit hits, wall rides, everything you need. easy spend 3-5 days here. oh ya its right on okanagan lake great beach time. tone of flowy riding.

Vancouver - North shore riding at its bst. but watch for the rain. Grouse, seymour, cyrpress, you'll find more than enough to ride.

Sun shine coast - there outdoor ed class in school maintains the trails, its sick.

Whistler - of course this is no brainer...

a few other spots to maybe check out, kicking horse in revelstoke, mt washington on the isalnd, nelson, rossland, pemberton, squamish - havent riddden this yet so dont wanna give others opinions...

hope you enjoy all bc has to offer. Britnee

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
im gonna be coming up through seattle towards vancouver, im into downhill and freeride/ good singletrack, i want a real taste of bc...

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
anywhere on the island?

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
i havent ridden the island much. but there's tons there to offer. Victoria, Parksville, ( hammerfest dh course ) comox, mt washington, naniamo, there's tons.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
drocko wrote:
anywhere on the island?

Nanaimo, Sooke(Broom Hill I heard is pretty good), Victoria, Mount Washington is a must, Parksville/Qualicum Beach, and Gold River has some pretty gnarly trails(seen in Elemental.)

Chom,

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
What kind of riding are you doing?

Chom,

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
im gonna be looking for downhill to freeridin but also with some good singletrack........interior?

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
anything in the interior?

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
sun peaks($28 for a lift ticket), silver star, kicking horse, panorama

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
drocko wrote:
im gonna be looking for downhill to freeridin but also with some good singletrack........interior?

Kamloops is definetly a must, It is possibly one of the funnest riding places on Earth. Sunpeaks wasn't bad when I went, it's definetly worth to check out. I've heard good things about Silverstar, and Kelowna.

Dh and freeride spots on Vancouver Island- Parksville has the Hammerfest DH course, I heard its pretty snazzy. Nanaimo, has Doumont for Dh and freeride trails, also Mount Benson. Gold River has some pretty amazing trails, it's kind of out of the way, but it is definetly worth it. Mount Washington is a absolute must, such a fun place to ride.

Don't forget Whistler...Fab

Chom,

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
chomers wrote:
drocko wrote:

Kamloops is definetly a must, It is possibly one of the funnest riding places on Earth. Sunpeaks wasn't bad when I went, it's definetly worth to check out. I've heard good things about Silverstar, and Kelowna.

Dh and freeride spots on Vancouver Island- Parksville has the Hammerfest DH course, I heard its pretty snazzy. Nanaimo, has Doumont for Dh and freeride trails, also Mount Benson. Gold River has some pretty amazing trails, it's kind of out of the way, but it is definetly worth it. Mount Washington is a absolute must, such a fun place to ride.

Don't forget Whistler...Fab

Chom,

dude, this guys got it covered tup

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008010
Mobile Version of Website