BC Roadtrip, places I should hit

PB Forum :: Canada - West
BC Roadtrip, places I should hit
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
fernie is awesome u guys should hit that up

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 7:52 Quote
Avoid Fernie/Kimberley/Panorama if you are looking for busy trails. If you like things to be quiet then come to the east kooteneays. Panorama is probably the best lift access in the Valley, if you like smooth flowy trails. Fernie is classic but the ski hill doesn't know how to run a mountain bike park,(RCR SUCKS) so just do some shuttling. Kimberley has Bootleg, which is really steep, and the same company running the ski hill so you can take your bike up, just dont expect much on the way down. (RCR SUCKS) Invermere has a large warm lake (girls?) shuttling and panorama. Golden has kicking horse (lift access) and Mount seven shuttling. But tends to be busy on weekends with calgarians. So mid week if you like it quiet. Weekends if you want a crowd.

When getting here if you come from nelson then kimberley is your first stop. If you are coming that way dont skip Rossland if you want classic gnarly singletrack that you pedal. invermere is 1.25 from kimberley (if you drive slow as in 55-60 mph) golden is about 2 hrs then you can boot the trans canada back to vancouver 10 hrs.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 1:04 Quote
britnee wrote:
Perfect trip hitting all the hot spots...

Kamloops - bike ranch, sun peaks ( lift access ) harper mountain, loops trails

This will cover a few days for sure. there's tons of trails, to ride hit the ski hill for a few days, and than rock out the bike ranch and dj's for a lil.

Vernon - (silver star) - by far second best lift access in bc next to whistler. its got everything, except the busy line ups from whistler.

Kelowna - gillard, postil, powers, bit hits, wall rides, everything you need. easy spend 3-5 days here. oh ya its right on okanagan lake great beach time. tone of flowy riding.

Vancouver - North shore riding at its bst. but watch for the rain. Grouse, seymour, cyrpress, you'll find more than enough to ride.

Sun shine coast - there outdoor ed class in school maintains the trails, its sick.

Whistler - of course this is no brainer...

a few other spots to maybe check out, kicking horse in revelstoke, mt washington on the isalnd, nelson, rossland, pemberton, squamish - havent riddden this yet so dont wanna give others opinions...

hope you enjoy all bc has to offer. Britnee

me and my dad wanna go to kamloops soon
to see my grampa were is kbr

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
if your coming from seattle make sure you hit up the island, theres some good places, not so much in vic beaucse there all privet and you gotta no people, but nanimo and Mount wasthington is worth the drive alone.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
Powell River....don't forget to include this place in your biking destinations! Amazing location at the top of the Sunshine Coast...past Gibsons and Sechelt....directly across from Comox.

Tons of singletrack riding with some good DH thrown in too!
Plus scenery that is hard to match.

For more info on riding Powell River check this page out:
http://www.peaklive.ca/group/peakpedalpage

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
Powell River is amazing! My aunt and uncle lives there, and same with my cousin. They own the sears up there.

Posted: May 22, 2011 at 22:07 Quote
anyone still on this thread?

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 9:35 Quote
I'm sure you've already sorted the other details, ie do you have a truck and enough of you to shuttle it etc. I would pick up a couple copies of the backroads BC map book. Although to cover where you want to ride you would need four different versions, they'll point you to forestry road shortcuts, forest rec campsites and can be helpful when navigating shuttles.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014998
Mobile Version of Website