Help needed in choosing between maxxis tires

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Help needed in choosing between maxxis tires
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 18:54 Quote
Hello and cheers. I would like some info. on if this is a good choice or not. Maxxis 2.5 dhf on the front and maxxis 2.4 ardent on the back. My bike store are out of dhr2's or I would have considered that in the back. Anyways will this be to beefy? I do a mixture of riding, but mostly gotta pedal up to go down. Thanks

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 21:14 Quote
I'm considering using the same rear tire. I currently run the same front tire as you. Love it. At the moment I have a high roller 2 on the rear and it's great. But wearing out soon and in need of a replacement. Considering the ardent in that same size. For the record I have a 2.4 hrII on the rear and don't feel that it's too beefy. But, seems like each tire runs on its own width scale. For instance, my hrII in 2.4 is a tiny bit wider than my dhf 2.5. Kinda weird.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 21:54 Quote
The Ardent 2.4 is relatively light, it rolls fast, and grips very well on hardpack or slightly loose. However, once it gets wet or very loose, it can be kinda sketchy. But overall it's a good combo to run a DHF 2.5 up front and then an Ardent 2.4 rear.

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 9:50 Quote
Dhf`s front & rear!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008189
Mobile Version of Website