Tire size on a Bronson.

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Tire size on a Bronson.
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 14:30 Quote
ckspeed wrote:
Your Bronson V2 rear will have more than enough clearance for the HR 2 tire. I'm currently running a DHF 2.5WT (2.5" actual) with the Ibis 742 carbon rim on the rear of my Bronson V2, still with plenty of clearance.

Much appreciated! Can confirm it does fit, 2.4 comes up smaller than the 2.3 vigilante!

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 6:40 Quote
For those who may find this in a search one day...

I ride a 2016 Bronson v2.

I'm currently running a 2.6 rekon on a 36mm i NOX kitsuma rim on the rear. It fits, doesn't rub the seat tube on full compression, and has a bit of room all around the tire in the chainstays. The fit is about as right as a 2.8 on am ibis mojo 3 if that helps anyone.

I'm running a 2.8 dhf up front on the same rim. Great combo. I love the way the bigger tires feel on this bike.

Pics on my Instagram (themoreweexplore). I'm trying to find a way to get them on here.

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
Can anyone confirm that a 2.5” DHF2 DD will work with an 2018 Bronson with Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Wheels?

And a 2.6” on. Fox 26 front, assuming no problems?

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
The 2018 Bronson is exactly the same as a 2016 and 2017.

I was running a 2.5 wt dhf on i9 enduro 30.5 wheels just fine. I didn't have DD casing, but I don't imagine it's much different. So as long as you have the 30mm inner reserve wheel, you should be good.

That being said, you may be voiding your warranty by running a tire size larger than Santa Cruz recommends.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
I saw your pics on instagram. Looks good, i would just be concerned about mud clearance in the rear, but if you're just doing desert riding then good on ya.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
You're spot on. I try to avoid mud at all costs. Even with a 2.4 these frames will gave issues in mud.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 16:36 Quote
Good to know. I have a Spec butcher 2.3 on mine in the rear, going to run a butcher 2.6 in the front when the DHR 2.3 i currently have dies. Would like to go bigger (2.8 up front) but theres quite a bit of mud here in the winter months so 2.6 might be the ticket

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 17:41 Quote
I have Specialized 2.6 Butcher and Purgatory on my Bronson. Clears, but traps the occasional rock between the tread and frame, packs up some in really doughy mud too. Not a big deal either way.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
I just mounted up the new Aggressor 2.5" WT on Ibis 738 34mm ID wheels, it fits, but just barely. It measures a true 2.5" at the widest point and the tightest clearance point on the frame is at the side nobs where I measured ~5mm of clearance, it has ~8-10mm everywhere else. I'm in Utah and hardly ever ride in mud, so I don't think I'll have any problems. Stoked to try it out!

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 9:16 Quote
sixstringsteve wrote:
Onespeedpaul wrote:

I set my 2017 alloy Bronson up with 27.5x2.8 front and 26x2.8 rear (both wtb ranger tires on asym i35 rims) it is truly amazing.

Very interesting. Got any pics? Have you let the air out of the shock and cycled it completely to see if it contacts the seat tube at full compression? (I imagine it won't, being a 26)

I'm currently running a 2.5 WT DHF up front (30.5 internal rims) and a 2.4 DHR II on the rear and it's night and day better than my 2.3s. It totally transformed the bike for me. I'm thinking 2.6s might be the magic bullet.

I would love to see the 2.8s as well!

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 18:38 Quote
tgent wrote:
I just mounted up the new Aggressor 2.5" WT on Ibis 738 34mm ID wheels, it fits, but just barely. It measures a true 2.5" at the widest point and the tightest clearance point on the frame is at the side nobs where I measured ~5mm of clearance, it has ~8-10mm everywhere else. I'm in Utah and hardly ever ride in mud, so I don't think I'll have any problems. Stoked to try it out!

So how did this work out, any issues at all running the Agressor 2.5 on the rear?

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 7:56 Quote
Wishiwasbiking wrote:
tgent wrote:

So how did this work out, any issues at all running the Agressor 2.5 on the rear?

Been working great! Been out a dozen times or so and love it compared to the old Minnion SS 2.3 it replaced. My only issue has been that clearance is tight and I did get it clogged up with mud once, but that was very thick sticky mud. Like I said, I rarely ride in mud, but hit some because it is winter here, I think it more typical muddy conditions that people often ride in, there will be no problems.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 18:42 Quote
Thanks, definitely will get the tire. Don't really ride much mud out here as it gets too sticky after rain. Even on my 2.3 it is unridable.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015869
Mobile Version of Website