Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seat Post

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seat Post
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
I have had one on my bike for a year or so. I have the XL 170mm version. It works great. As others have mentioned, you need to check the pressure before the initial install and then check it every couple of weeks or months.

Yes the stock lever works but isn't that great. I have used it with
1. PNW Loam Lever
2. One Up Composite Lever
3. Specialized Lever

Worked great with all of those levers.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 22:26 Quote
The lever sucks, but I've been running by dropper for 3 years, and never a problem.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
BigMulaCeazy wrote:
The lever sucks, but I've been running by dropper for 3 years, and never a problem.

The current levers very good, vast improvement in the old one.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
Mine just turned 1 yr old. More than 3000km and works as it should. It gave me trouble once, but turned out that I accidentally increased cable tension and it would very slowly drop when seated. The current lever is fine, not sexy but works without issues, so not worth upgrading. Bear in mind that only the XL models have valves to adjust pressure.

So far it's one of my best vfm bike related purchases, along with shimano M520 pedals ????

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
I just got the 150mm for Christmas. From reviews and comments on this thread it seems like I'm gonna enjoy a fairly hassle free dropper. Since I didn't pay for it, if the lever does turn out to be a dud, it won't pain me much to purchase something swankier. Saweeeet.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005020
Mobile Version of Website