Anybody using an angleset with their T275c or T275a?

PB Forum :: Intense
Anybody using an angleset with their T275c or T275a?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
Thinking about putting a 1 degree cane creek angleset on my T275c for a 65.5 ha.

Has anybody done this?

If so, how does it affect the ride?

Is 175mm stock crank too long for lower bb?

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
ChrisNebo wrote:
Thinking about putting a 1 degree cane creek angleset on my T275c for a 65.5 ha.

Has anybody done this?

If so, how does it affect the ride?

Is 175mm stock crank too long for lower bb?

I don't have an angle set on my T275c and haven't felt the need to put one on. Its plenty damn stable at 66.5. Plus I have a big ol' Maxxis 2.5 DHF WT on the front of my Tracer which is making my HA more like 66 degrees. As for the 175mm cranks, I hit mine a lot when I first got my Tracer, especially when climbing rocky or technical sections. After riding it for a year I hardly ever hit my pedals anymore when climbing. Also, it helps not to be in full open mode on your rear shock when climbing as the bike will stay up in its travel more when coming down off of rocks while pedaling up.

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 16:01 Quote
Fitted offset bushing to my T275c, dropped 1.5°.

Bike felt way more competent on the tech descents and climbing wasn't really affected unless very steep where it was marginally more likely to wander. To be honest the trade off in the extra fun descending was well worth it.

The downer was pedal strikes, with 175 cranks you hit everything, regardless of shock lever position. Really made it hard to get into it when every other pedal stroke caught something. 165 or 170 cranks would see you right. My solution was to get an Insurgent instead.....

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
just fitted a 1° angleset from works components. big improvements on the very steep technical descents and a bit more stability through berms. I didn't notice any penalty whilst climbing.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
oldejeans wrote:
just fitted a 1° angleset from works components. big improvements on the very steep technical descents and a bit more stability through berms. I didn't notice any penalty whilst climbing.

In add at oldjean's like angleset I have mounted an offset shock bushing with -3mm offset, I have improoved stability and progressivity without decrese climbing capabilities. I use an Ohlins TTx22M and 175mm cranks.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017987
Mobile Version of Website