The All Mountain Rat Bike Thread [Hardtails only]

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The All Mountain Rat Bike Thread [Hardtails only]
Author Message
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
cobbled together from spare parts pretty fun commuter for dashing onto the local xc trails.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 0:18 Quote

Latest incarnation of my Krampus

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
Rad Farty! Are those the Surly bars?

Looking to try and build up a Kona Unit SS in a similar fashion sometime this year.


This one popped up locally on a FB thread. Owner welded frame.


Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
They are the Surly Sunrise bars. The weigh a to but have a great shape and rise. Will go back to SS over winter.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 22:33 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
They are the Surly Sunrise bars. The weigh a to but have a great shape and rise. Will go back to SS over winter.


Rad love it....

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
wrote:
Rad love it....

And it's a fun ride. I probably ride it as much as my Murmur.

Hurry up with the Unit, I'm keen to see some piccys. My bro in law has one and they're cool bikes.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
Rad love it....

And it's a fun ride. I probably ride it as much as my Murmur.

Hurry up with the Unit, I'm keen to see some piccys. My bro in law has one and they're cool bikes.

nice...

just kinda waiting on some money I'm owed for some house painting. I have most the parts I need other than maybe tires and a dropper.... might jus do a rigid post for a while ..pick up a dropper and maybe a drive train down the line...

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
wrote:
nice...

just kinda waiting on some money I'm owed for some house painting. I have most the parts I need other than maybe tires and a dropper.... might jus do a rigid post for a while ..pick up a dropper and maybe a drive train down the line...

That would certainly qualify as a Rat Bike. It's fun to ride without a dropper occassionally : SS + rigid post + rigid fork = A fast bike.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:13 Quote

Trying out a 29+ front on my Karate Monkey.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
Why wouldn’t you? Nice bike tup

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
JevinHoll wrote:

Trying out a 29+ front on my Karate Monkey.

Let me know how that rides. I have the exact same bike and always run the pressure really really low to take the edge off.
What sizes of tries you running front/rear?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Why wouldn’t you? Nice bike tup

Thanks! I was tired of being bounced around with a 2.35 on the rigid fork, so I thought I'd go for something with more cushion.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
reedholden wrote:
JevinHoll wrote:

Trying out a 29+ front on my Karate Monkey.

Let me know how that rides. I have the exact same bike and always run the pressure really really low to take the edge off.
What sizes of tries you running front/rear?

I have a 3" up front and a 2.35 rear. I've only put a few rides on it, but it really smooths things out, especially compared to the 2.35 front I had previously. There's definitely more rolling resistance on smooth trails and gravel, but it works great on the rocky Colorado trails I ride.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
fartymarty wrote:

Latest incarnation of my Krampus

Man that's mint.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

Latest incarnation of my Krampus

Man that's mint.

Cheers. Is fun to ride as well.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016698
Mobile Version of Website