Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 4:10 Quote
Im now the proud owner of a Radon Swoop 170.

Changed from a Meta SX, first ride was yesterday - this thing is awesome!

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 19:58 Quote
Just ordered a swoop 200 9.0 on closeout (2700 euro, crazy deal!), can't wait for it to get here!

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 3:46 Quote
I've just ordered a Swoop 170 9.0 in the sale, under £2k for a bike with Lyriks, Vivid, GX and Guide RS - outstanding value. The reviews looked pretty good, can't wait for it to arrive and get on it. Now to sell my old bikes to keep the missus happy, lol.
I really can't understand why I haven't seen more Radon's on the trails.

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
I've just ordered a Swoop 170 9.0 in the sale, under £2k for a bike with Lyriks, Vivid, GX and Guide RS - outstanding value. The reviews looked pretty good, can't wait for it to arrive and get on it. Now to sell my old bikes to keep the missus happy, lol.
I really can't understand why I haven't seen more Radon's on the trails.

I know, it's incredible value and it's anincredible bike!!

Absolutely love mine, and it's getting better and better as I fine tune the suspension!

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
I was actually thinking about setting up the swoop tread- well done miniator.

How dose it pedal and climb with vivid and to compare to meta sx?.

I'm switching from Mondraker Dune XR and will order my one soon.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:

She's grand. It's not a bike for out of saddle stamping on the pedals, but if you just sit and spin she doesn't bob. You could always turn the low compression up on the vivid!

Going down is just awesome though, I've got the suspension nearly dialled in and she's an animal! I need to recalibrate my brain to just letting go of the brakes and holding on lol!

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 2:18 Quote
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

She's grand. It's not a bike for out of saddle stamping on the pedals, but if you just sit and spin she doesn't bob. You could always turn the low compression up on the vivid!

Going down is just awesome though, I've got the suspension nearly dialled in and she's an animal! I need to recalibrate my brain to just letting go of the brakes and holding on lol!

thanks for the feedback
I've been looking on some numbers and 65mm stem is far too long I think (will change it to 40mm apex for sure)

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 4:19 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

thanks for the feedback
I've been looking on some numbers and 65mm stem is far too long I think (will change it to 40mm apex for sure)

i thought that too but it feels ok now that ive ridden it a few times.

she can be a bit of a pig to throw about in tight single track so i guess a shorter stem would help. its nothing something im rushing to change though

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 at 12:53 Quote
My Swoop 170 9.0 arrived today Smile
First impressions are good, nice build quality and pretty well set up out of the box.
Spent the afternoon swapping tyres and adjusting everything ready for its first outing at the weekend. Can't wait to get it in the trails.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 1:59 Quote
Ive finally got the suspension where i feel i need it.

Fork was pretty straight forward, just had to play with the rebound.

Rear shock blew through its travel too easy, so i fitted 4 bottomless bands and it now ramps up nicely. Has improved support in the mid travel as well.

for those that may need to do the same, the vivid takes same bands as the monarch but youll need a pin spanner and a bb tool to remove the outer can.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 4:35 Quote
miniator wrote:
Ive finally got the suspension where i feel i need it.

Fork was pretty straight forward, just had to play with the rebound.

Rear shock blew through its travel too easy, so i fitted 4 bottomless bands and it now ramps up nicely. Has improved support in the mid travel as well.

for those that may need to do the same, the vivid takes same bands as the monarch but youll need a pin spanner and a bb tool to remove the outer can.

ordered my one one yesterday- lasts few copies of 20" they have in the warehouse after the stock take.

apparently the bike's suspensions curve is pretty linear and those tokes needs to be fitted if you like more progressive feel- probably the major difference between swoop and capra

are those bands coming with the shock or you need to order them separately?

btw those bands wont change progressiveness of the suspension

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
interesting read about suspension leverage ratio

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/radon-swoop-170.276855/

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:

I remember reading that and finding it pretty interesting. It was the only thread I read that made me wonder whether to get a Swoop or not. Luckily loads of other reviews didn't pick up on the issue other than to say the shock required more fettling than normal to set up. I'm happy playing about with settings on my bike so went for it anyway.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

I remember reading that and finding it pretty interesting. It was the only thread I read that made me wonder whether to get a Swoop or not. Luckily loads of other reviews didn't pick up on the issue other than to say the shock required more fettling than normal to set up. I'm happy playing about with settings on my bike so went for it anyway.

nothing wrong with linear feel- I think it's just a rider preference. Most of the DH bikes are pretty linear anyway

I like more progression at the front but dont mind about bike being linear at the back- if ii's not bottoming out its all good

btw is anyone thinking about changing the wheels?

Previous Page |

Active Forum Threads
12 mins ago - Sram 11 speed chains
19 mins ago - Recommendations for a new trail bike
39 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
47 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
1 hours ago - The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
1 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
1 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
2 hours ago - Canyon Owners Club
2 hours ago - Zimbabwe +27739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in harare/gweru
2 hours ago - Witbank 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
2 hours ago - Welkom 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
2 hours ago - Westonaria 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
2 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
2 hours ago - Vryheid 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in pietermariztburg/newcastle
2 hours ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in bloemfontein/witbank
2 hours ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
2 hours ago - Taung 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
2 hours ago - Tembisa 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
2 hours ago - Standerton 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in middleburg/pietretief/
2 hours ago - Stanger 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
2 hours ago - Soweto mens clinic 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in roodepoort/lenasia
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009125
Mobile Version of Website