Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 3:51 Quote
hugosantos wrote:
Ricey212 wrote:
Anyone else's disc rotors rocking back and forth slightly?
Have read a review saying this only happens when stationary and not when riding, any thoughts?

yap!
mine starts doing that rocking back and forth
in rear wheel only.

don't have the tools so have to take bike in the lbs to see if is only tighter problem.

I had the exact same thing happen to me on my DT Swiss E1900 wheels. The Centrelock worked itself loose. If you've got the right BB tool, it's a 2 minute job to take the wheel out and tighten up the lockring.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
Odinson wrote:
hugosantos wrote:
Ricey212 wrote:
Have read a review saying this only happens when stationary and not when riding, any thoughts?

yap!
in rear wheel only.

don't have the tools so have to take bike in the lbs to see if is only tighter problem.

I had the exact same thing happen to me on my DT Swiss E1900 wheels. The Centrelock worked itself loose. If you've got the right BB tool, it's a 2 minute job to take the wheel
out and tighten up the lockring.

Tanks!
and yes also DT Swiss E1900 wheeles

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
hugosantos wrote:
Ricey212 wrote:

yap!
in rear wheel only.

Just needs a BB tool, I have tightened them and they haven't come loose again

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
Hi All,

new to this forum and I like to share some input of Radon service / support.

Well long story short is that I bought the Radon Swoop 200 Team from user with profile name CruxAeternus who won it the pinkbike competition.

The bike is awesome though I don't have any downhills here I use it trails and so on.
It's a bit of struggle to go uphill but then again I use as a training vehicle so it gets the job done.
Been testing it in small downhills also and boy you can pedal it hard downhill Smile

So the bike is very good. But for Radon support and service is another story.
The bikes rear derailleur hasn't been working from the beginning. It just wouldn't shift the gears properly.. the gears would just keep jumping all over the place.
So I took it to a local dealer service and they told me that the cause of this was probably the frame not being straight or the derailleur itself being faulty. What they did was that they honed the hanger and this way the derailleur sits in a more straight line with the wheel and cassette.
This way I can use it almost normally.. in some gears it still keeps having some noises etc. but all in all it works.
Here is a video clip using the default hanger not the honed one:
Original hanger shifting gears

So in the video it's easy to see that the gears are not shifting properly with the default hanger.

I have contacted Radon support and reclamation service about this problem.
And because I have not bought the bike from them directly they are not willing to do anything / compensate me in any way.
As to my understanding the bike should have a normal warranty even if it was in a competition, what do you think?

What they suggested was to bring the bike to their store in Bonn.. well I said that yes I can do that if you can pay for the shipping bills. Well as you can guess they turned that suggestion down Smile Other than this they also was willing to send me a t-shirt or something and to that I replied with small list that instead of t-shirts if they would send me some protection gear like, driving glowes, pants etc. But that was a no also.

So I love the bike but for Radon support and service I can't recommend it.

Br,
Toube

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
Hi Folks,

Happy to say my Swoop 9.0 came last week, I love the thing, in tour mode and been around a few trails having a great time ...

Altho, anyone experienced there cranks getting loose on the ride? After the first ride I noticed a creaking sound from the cranks while peddling .. the 2nd ride I promptly forgot about the first ride and went out, and the creaking got worse, I got home and tightened up my cranks with an allen key which solved the issue ... Going out for ride 3 tomorrow, will bring an allen key with me but anyone else had the same thing on there swoop 170? ...

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 9:00 Quote
Hi
Trying to decided between the radon swoop 170 8.0 or yt capra comp 2 was just wondering how it pedals and if it would be a suitable enduro bike for the uk

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
stance wrote:
Hi
Trying to decided between the radon swoop 170 8.0 or yt capra comp 2 was just wondering how it pedals and if it would be a suitable enduro bike for the uk
not owned a capra but my radon can get up hills just fine. I mean it got enduro bike of the year and in the dirt 100

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
I have a Swoop 9.0 (2016) very similar spec to the 8.0. I'd say it goes uphill as well as my carbon ibis mojo HD2, maybe even better, and that's with the flip chip in park mode (slackest). If you ever want to use a water bottle, the Swoop has bottle cage mounting on the inside of the front triangle, unlike the capra, which I'm not even sure if it has bottle cage mounting!?

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
stance wrote:
Hi

Hi. I changed from a Capra CF Pro to a Swoop earlier this year. Both great bikes. I found the Radon pedals a little bit better than the Capra uphill - might be due to Fox vs BOS suspension. The main difference is that the swoop is a longer bike which personally I prefer as it feels more stable through rougher sections without no downside in the corners. I'm happy with my change to the Swoop.

Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 1:15 Quote
miniator wrote:
fatsandy wrote:
Does anyone know the derailleur hanger number for a MY17 Swoop 170?

Try www.gearmechhanger.com

I'm just waiting for a reply from Radon to the exact same question. Do you want me to post the answer?

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
john260164 wrote:
miniator wrote:
fatsandy wrote:
Does anyone know the derailleur hanger number for a MY17 Swoop 170?

I'm just waiting for a reply from Radon to the exact same question. Do you want me to post the answer?

Mech hangers can be found on www.bike-discount.de

For SRAM mechs: https: //www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-derailleur-hanger-10240-axh-sram-489749

For Shimano mechs: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-derailleur-hanger-10171-493597

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
Odinson wrote:
john260164 wrote:
miniator wrote:

Mech hangers can be found on www.bike-discount.de

For SRAM mechs: https: //www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-derailleur-hanger-10240-axh-sram-489749

For Shimano mechs: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-derailleur-hanger-10171-493597

Thanks so much for the links, I was struggling to find my mech hanger, even did a reverse image search on google, came up with some comedy results .... Now I just need to put my bike back together Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
I went OTB and bent my left crank, do you think it's worth contacting radon or bike discount to try and see if I can get a new one on crash replacement/warranty

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 17:20 Quote
Ricey212 wrote:
I went OTB and bent my left crank, do you think it's worth contacting radon or bike discount to try and see if I can get a new one on crash replacement/warranty

yes because a NO is always guaranteed so you loose nothing in try .

good luck

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 22:19 Quote
Hi lads,

Just about to order a 2017 Radon Swoop 170 10.0 size XL as I am 194cm. Just looking at the bike on the Radon and BD website, and also the Enduro mag review, it looks like the Fox Float X is non EVOL, yet the Dirt review the shock has the EVOL can fitted.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Looking forward to getting the bike and hitting the trails!

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.264824
Mobile Version of Website