Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
miniator wrote:
The vivid needs a lot of bands in it to make it suitable for the bike - the suspension leverage is too linear for what is a very linear shock in standard form.

You can add up to 12 bands for the 216-63 vivid, i have 8 in mine

I see the trace of oil on the damper body of Vivid Air in your photo, was it like that since new?
Mine does the same since day 1, enough to run out of oil in 40 hours of riding or so.

Not a big deal but I got in touch with Radon/BD about it anyway, they told me to send the shock in.
Now they are sending it back, claiming that warranty is void because I've added bottomless rings myself. That's BS, right?

Is their warranty/support generally useless or there is a chance to get through to someone competent?

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
void wrote:
miniator wrote:
The vivid needs a lot of bands in it to make it suitable for the bike - the suspension leverage is too linear for what is a very linear shock in standard form.

You can add up to 12 bands for the 216-63 vivid, i have 8 in mine

I see the trace of oil on the damper body of Vivid Air in your photo, was it like that since new?
Mine does the same since day 1, enough to run out of oil in 40 hours of riding or so.

Not a big deal but I got in touch with Radon/BD about it anyway, they told me to send the shock in.
Now they are sending it back, claiming that warranty is void because I've added bottomless rings myself. That's BS, right?

Is their warranty/support generally useless or there is a chance to get through to someone competent?

its not oil, i had just applied Slick Honey grease - just some residue from wiping it off.

Ive never had to deal with their warranty so i cant comment. Read through the documents that came with the bike, see what's written in those.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 3:29 Quote
Little update: got the shock back from warranty in pieces with air can disassembled, missing air can lock ring, some o-rings and butchered seal head glide rings and seal.

Based on quality of my previous communication with BD I'm fcked

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
void wrote:
Little update: got the shock back from warranty in pieces with air can disassembled, missing air can lock ring, some o-rings and butchered seal head glide rings and seal.

That’s really odd. My shock went back to them for warranty work and I couldn’t fault their service, it was quick and efficient. Did you have any communication from them stating why they wouldn’t rebuild it?

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
That's particularly poor show not giving you it all back and causing damage.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
void wrote:

That’s really odd. My shock went back to them for warranty work and I couldn’t fault their service, it was quick and efficient. Did you have any communication from them stating why they wouldn’t rebuild it?

Did yours also went to DB/SRAM Germany? Maybe you got lucky, I also like to hope not all German customer service personnel is useless.
Their response was: "The manufacturer refused the warranty because you violated the warranty and opened the article yourself. From the moment you open the article itself, the warranty expires because you have opened the article at your own responsibility and therefore have worked on it."
Of course they didn't respond anything then I pointed that there is nothing like that mentioned in official warranty document from Rock Shox.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 23:44 Quote
Communication about missing parts went even worse than I expected. Now they are just messing with me.

[Quoten]

Me: I got the shock back but I'm missing some parts. Can I get them back asap please? (included list of missing pieces)

BD: there was no warranty because the shock was opened by you or somebody else.
That just should be done by the manufacturer.
In this case we cannot do anything sorry.

Me: I'm not talking about that. I just want go get my shock back, all pieces of the shock.

BD: we send yiu the shock back the same we have recieved it (edit: from manufacturer ,as I understood).
How should we comprehend now that there is something missing from the inside.

Me: As I wrote, I'm missing air can lock ring and inner sleeve o-ring (in red, image attached).
Please help me to get them back.

BD: why should the manufacturer should take it, if is necessary.
We can not understand that now.

Me: Hard to tell, please check with them.

[/Quoten]

Why it couldn't have been something like: "Sorry for inconvenience we're gonna look into that asap"?

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
That’s pretty poor, it shouldn’t have come back like that. So you opened it up and they won’t warranty it, that seems fair enough if their policy is clear about it.
Returning it in bits and missing parts is taking the piss really. I’d keep pushing over the missing parts, they’re your property! Hopefully you’ll get some goodwill out of them without too much more grief. Good luck.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 22:48 Quote
That's a real shame. I had a good experience with them when I returned my rear shock. Fast turn around, replacement shock no questions. If I have to return it again I think I'll take the spacers out first!

Keep persevering with it until you get your bits back! Good luck

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 2:12 Quote
I would have been fine if they rejected warranty from the get go, the issue was minor as I mentioned.
It was like that since I got the bike new but didn't wanna deal with warranty during the season. If they would have told me that's just wear and tear and I can't prove problem was there since new I would have been fine with that.

In fist mail I wrote them to describe the issue and asked if that's something they can fix under warranty I mentioned I had the shock apart to add the rings and found that there was no oil left inside. They instructed me to send the shock in.

Now I might have to buy full service kit (80+ euros, I think) to replace pieces they took just to get the shock back to where it was before I sent it in.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 10:23 Quote
Update:
I've given up, BD/SRAM refuse to cooperate.

I've ordered full service kit online to replace stolen parts.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 11:20 Quote
I've just sent my Reverb back for the usual sag problem. Hope they don't mess me about. They were good with my Vivid. I've already bought and fitted a Brand X Ascend XL and I have to say I much prefer it to the Reverb.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
So I've been thinking I might upgrade my Lyrik from 170mm to 180mm when I do my lower leg service soon on my Swoop 170.

I can't really see a down side to it. What do you think? Has anyone done it yet? Is it a bad idea?

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
I think it would be a good idea if you ride in slack setting and use the nine more DH orientated, I think it would be good a touch slacker and touch higher BB, to be fair 10mm you may notice hardly any difference.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:20 Quote
Yeah 10mm ain't much, more like 7mm when you take sag into consideration. I'm planning on riding a lot more DH and park stuff thus year, and a trip to the Alps in summer.

I only have one mountain bike so it needs to be good at everything.

I tend to have the flip chip in the middle setting as I seem to catch the pedals/cranks quite a bit, so a slightly BB might be a good thing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013519
Mobile Version of Website