Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: May 5, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
My Radon Slide in french rock garden !

photo

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
Can anyone tell me what size bearings in headset of a 2016 Radon Slide 150 with Conehead internal bearings?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
Hi fellow Swoop ownersSmile My 1 year old Radon Swoop 170 9,0 has started to get some movement in between the swing arm and the upper shock assembley.

I have changed the bushings in the shock mount to brand new and tighten the bolts to the correct torque, but this does not help. The movement is in between the holes in the main swingarm and the bolt that mounts to the upper shock mount. The bolt can move around, and approx 1 mm up and down in the swingarm when installed. I thought the bolt was supposed to be a tight fit in the swingarm and not move around when installed to the shock. There is no bushings in the swingarm itself, this means that the bolt and swingarm are designed to be rigid and not move.

Have someone encountered this problem before?

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 3:38 Quote
Frewtz wrote:
Hi fellow Swoop ownersSmile My 1 year old Radon Swoop 170 9,0 has started to get some movement in between the swing arm and the upper shock assembley.

I have changed the bushings in the shock mount to brand new and tighten the bolts to the correct torque, but this does not help. The movement is in between the holes in the main swingarm and the bolt that mounts to the upper shock mount. The bolt can move around, and approx 1 mm up and down in the swingarm when installed. I thought the bolt was supposed to be a tight fit in the swingarm and not move around when installed to the shock. There is no bushings in the swingarm itself, this means that the bolt and swingarm are designed to be rigid and not move.

Dunno if you used original bolt, but my looks different. It has to have that angled surface like the one on the picture, also make sure that the contact surfaces between swingarm and bolts are clean and smooth.

photo

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
You able to take the bolt out and see if there is damage/wear either where Pralinka says of on the mount?

pralinka wrote:
Frewtz wrote:

Dunno if you used original bolt, but my looks different. It has to have that angled surface like the one on the picture, also make sure that the contact surfaces between swingarm and bolts are clean and smooth.

photo

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
Hallo

I 'm waiting for the 2018 swoop 170 10.0 to be delivered when they are in stock
my question is how are the bearings from the rear end holding up ?
Are there any issues with them cause they are a bit small...
And are there other issues with these bikes after riding them for a year or more
It takes Radon a long time to deliver the 2018 swoop models, worth the waiting ??
Cheers

Marco

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 4:31 Quote
Looks awesome !!!
where is this place ?

Vespasien wrote:
My Radon Slide in french rock garden !

photo

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:10 Quote
Hi,

I've only had the bike 7 months (during winter though) and no issues so far on the bearings, or anything else. I did however have a crash in Finale and snapped the Brake lever off. But I blame that on my incompetence and nasty sharp rocks.

The 2018 10.0 looks swwwweeeeet - the X2 and the Baron tyres will be awesome.

LeftyB wrote:
Hallo

And are there other issues with these bikes after riding them for a year or more
It takes Radon a long time to deliver the 2018 swoop models, worth the waiting ??
Cheers

Marco

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 4:35 Quote
Thanks for the feedback !! i hope the bike is available asap so i can jump in the car and drive to Bonn to pick it uo !!!!
Will post pictures
Cheers
bushwacked wrote:
Hi,

I've only had the bike 7 months (during winter though) and no issues so far on the bearings, or anything else. I did however have a crash in Finale and snapped the Brake lever off. But I blame that on my incompetence and nasty sharp rocks.

The 2018 10.0 looks swwwweeeeet - the X2 and the Baron tyres will be awesome.

LeftyB wrote:
Hallo

Cheers

Marco

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
awesome bike !!!
like the pedals wich brand are these ??

Sprinter2139 wrote:
Hey guys, just re-joined the forums so I could start using Trailforks!

Here's my Radon Swoop 170 8.0 which I've owned just under a year now...

<Deleted photo>

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
Sup!

Just received this beauty two days ago:

photo

Its a Jab 9.0 HD, and its totally awesome Smile

Made an unboxing vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVr-jHIxP8

And a first ride review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RU0vqLW8c

Not many of these around yet so Im happy to answer any questions Smile

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 13:54 Quote
adampadam wrote:
Sup!

Just received this beauty two days ago:

photo

Its a Jab 9.0 HD, and its totally awesome Smile

Made an unboxing vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVr-jHIxP8

And a first ride review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RU0vqLW8c

Not many of these around yet so Im happy to answer any questions Smile

That's a beauty..

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 5:26 Quote
Nice looking bike that!

Smashed the rear derailleur on my Swoop 170 at Bike Park Wales at the weekend. Decided to take the opportunity to go back to Shimano. Ordered XT shifter, XT derailleur and ispec Magura Shiftmix adapter.

How easy is it to change the internally routed gear cable on these bikes? Is there a tube inside the frame?

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 7:49 Quote
It’s easy, I’ve swapped brake and gear cables. The outers don’t go on the frame except chain stay. There are no internal tubes but the ports are nice and big once you pop the plastic guides out.

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 7:56 Quote
Awesome cheers dude. Can't wait to get back to Shimano shifting!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016325
Mobile Version of Website