Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
By the way, if anyone is contemplating upgrading their 170 Lyrik forks to the 180mm Debonair air spring it's super easy.

The part you need is this:

00.4019.932.000 AIR SPRING UPGRADE KIT - DEBONAIR 180MM (INCLUDES DEBONAIR ASSEMBLY, SEALHEAD) - LYRIK B1+/YARI A1+ (2016+)

Here are the instructions:

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen.0000000005734_service_manual_debonair_upgrade_kit.pdf

On the Swoop 170 it makes the head angle/seat angle around 0.5 degrees slacker, the bottom bracket around 3mm higher and the wheelbase around 4mm longer.

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 2:00 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
By the way, if anyone is contemplating upgrading their 170 Lyrik forks to the 180mm Debonair air spring it's super easy.

The part you need is this:

00.4019.932.000 AIR SPRING UPGRADE KIT - DEBONAIR 180MM (INCLUDES DEBONAIR ASSEMBLY, SEALHEAD) - LYRIK B1+/YARI A1+ (2016+)

Here are the instructions:

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen.0000000005734_service_manual_debonair_upgrade_kit.pdf

On the Swoop 170 it makes the head angle/seat angle around 0.5 degrees slacker, the bottom bracket around 3mm higher and the wheelbase around 4mm longer.

Not expensive either - good to know!

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 12:14 Quote
Oh yeah that too. Meant to mention that. Smile

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
This is how the 2018 Swoop 170 9.0 looks like. Not too much picture of it on the net. So it may help the possible buyers. I think in real life the blue is not as light as it is shown in the webshop. I'm 180cm, ride size M. They say it is a long bike but i don't feel so, it fits great. My only stricture was the too wild handelbar, so i shortened it to 760mm. Everything else is excellent.
photo

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 6:29 Quote
photo
The side of the reservoir on my mt5 front brake blew out on the fire road after i gave it a good squeeze, as it felt a bit odd.
2 of the 3 small plastic latches look to have broken and the third came away when i moved it.
oil everywhere and a wtf from me, left the day over before it begun.
anyone know if this can be replaced or do i need a new hand piece.
Have emailed magura to see what they say, got lucky it happened when it did.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
Replace rubbish magura lever with a Shimano Zee, job done.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
what all do i need to mount the zee. new disk and caliber adapter? did you fit an adapter for the shifter

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
cheifmooney wrote:
photo
The side of the reservoir on my mt5 front brake blew out on the fire road after i gave it a good squeeze, as it felt a bit odd.
2 of the 3 small plastic latches look to have broken and the third came away when i moved it.
oil everywhere and a wtf from me, left the day over before it begun.
anyone know if this can be replaced or do i need a new hand piece.
Have emailed magura to see what they say, got lucky it happened when it did.

Take it to a magura dealer and they will warranty it. Normally preery good in my experience.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
cheifmooney wrote:
what all do i need to mount the zee. new disk and caliber adapter? did you fit an adapter for the shifter

Nope just a Zee lever with the bit that screws into it and a Shimano olive, use your magura calliper & hose.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Nope just a Zee lever with the bit that screws into it and a Shimano olive, use your magura calliper & hose.[/Quote]

nice 1! cheers Salute

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 3:53 Quote
Im considering buying the radon swoop 190 but im only 5ft1 so im concerned the standover could be too big as i want to do no foot cans on it. I cant seem to find the standover measurements anywhere does anyone know what size it is? thanks

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
Different sizes different standover what size are you looking at?

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
oh ye sorry forgot the size. I was looking at the 16"/small

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 16:08 Quote
hi everyone,
I'd like to know if the swoop 170 would be the right choice for enduro. ( i am looking at 9.0 model)
Considering average rides of 800mt uphill to get to the top of the trail and total 20-30 km.
I currently ride a Cannondale gemini 2006 but it's too heavy so i consume to much energy for uphill. After one year of training things are better but now it's time to buy a new toy.

I am beetween swoop 170 and canyon strive.
thanks for your time!

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 22:44 Quote
Andrea85 wrote:
hi everyone,
I'd like to know if the swoop 170 would be the right choice for enduro. ( i am looking at 9.0 model)
Considering average rides of 800mt uphill to get to the top of the trail and total 20-30 km.
I currently ride a Cannondale gemini 2006 but it's too heavy so i consume to much energy for uphill. After one year of training things are better but now it's time to buy a new toy.

I am beetween swoop 170 and canyon strive.
thanks for your time!

I bought a 170 9.0 last October to replace a Spectral running a 150mm fork - Great bikes both of them and loved my spectral (which is similar to a degree to the Strive). Used both for trips to Finale and other places riding steep technical trails plus more speedy flowy/jumpy trails.

The main difference for me when researching new bikes was the reach on the bikes - for my height (inc leg/torso ratio) I was between sizes on Canyon otherwise would have gone for a Spectral/Strive. The Swoop had that extra reach which has been a game changer for me as the extra length makes it soooooo much more stable on jumps and at speed but I still have the standover I like. It's taken a while to get used to the extra length, especially going from the more agile shorter frame, but I love it.

In terms of riding uphill I lock out the shock on longer climbs and have no issues. I rode 18km on Sunday with 800m of climbing with no issues.

In terms of build and buying experience I think Canyon are slightly better but not masively. Some of the parts/features on the Radon don't feel as high quality or as well thought out but I was looking for more function over form so I'm so pleased with how it's moved my riding on and given me that little bit that was missing from having a frame too short.

In a nutshell - you won't go far wrong with either, especially if you are coming from a 12 yr old bike.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions just shout.

(edit - this might help although no Reach/Stack for the Cannondale https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/cannondale-gemini-2016-medium,radon-swoop-170-8-0-2017-18-1,canyon-strive-al-2018-m/ )

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017478
Mobile Version of Website