Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
fatsandy wrote:
I'm looking to change from my current size L Capra and like the look of the Swoop 170. I find the Capra a bit short and prefer a longer bike like the whyte G160 but they are not as good value. I'm 6'2" and not sure whether a L or XL would suit, any Swoop owners got any sizing advice?

Interestingly the reach numbers don't give the entire story. My medium Tues had 430mm reach and felt a bit stretched, my medium Swoop 170 has 460mm reach but feels spot on. I reckon you could go to an XL, as mentioned above you can always swap the stem. Just make sure your inside leg can cope with a 22" seat tube plus the reverb extended or you may need to swap that as well.
That said, I much prefer my Swoop to my Capra and Tues but I tend to ride bike parks and downhill trails rather that distances. Go for it, you'll love it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 6:22 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
fatsandy wrote:
I'm looking to change from my current size L Capra and like the look of the Swoop 170. I find the Capra a bit short and prefer a longer bike like the whyte G160 but they are not as good value. I'm 6'2" and not sure whether a L or XL would suit, any Swoop owners got any sizing advice?

Interestingly the reach numbers don't give the entire story. My medium Tues had 430mm reach and felt a bit stretched, my medium Swoop 170 has 460mm reach but feels spot on. I reckon you could go to an XL, as mentioned above you can always swap the stem. Just make sure your inside leg can cope with a 22" seat tube plus the reverb extended or you may need to swap that as well.
That said, I much prefer my Swoop to my Capra and Tues but I tend to ride bike parks and downhill trails rather that distances. Go for it, you'll love it.

fair point about the seat tube

can you compare capra and swoop in few words- how does it pedal in particular?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 7:24 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:
DuncanUK wrote:
fatsandy wrote:

I've only had one decent outing on the Swoop so far but it pedalled much better than I expected. I assumed the vivid air would be a bit spongy but it's really quite supportive with 30% sag (although I'm only 75kg). Also, mine is set in park mode so it's pretty slack which won't help climbing. I'm pretty sure the Capra would be better over long distances and fire track type climbs but on the rough stuff the vivid should dig in better.
The descents felt much better on the Swoop, much more predictable and stiff. My Capra had Pikes and Monarch plus rc3, swapping to a bike with Lyriks and Vivid probably made quite a difference but I think the geometry suited me better.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:
DuncanUK wrote:

all sounds good- thanks

I've only had one decent outing on the Swoop so far but it pedalled much better than I expected. I assumed the vivid air would be a bit spongy but it's really quite supportive with 30% sag (although I'm only 75kg). Also, mine is set in park mode so it's pretty slack which won't help climbing. I'm pretty sure the Capra would be better over long distances and fire track type climbs but on the rough stuff the vivid should dig in better.
The descents felt much better on the Swoop, much more predictable and stiff. My Capra had Pikes and Monarch plus rc3, swapping to a bike with Lyriks and Vivid probably made quite a difference but I think the geometry suited me better.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 2:05 Quote
Well folks, how's everyone getting on with their Swoop's now!?

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
miniator wrote:

I'll report back after my third ride at the end of the month - The first went great, the second not so great:
My vivid air compressed and didn't rebound properly, the following hit resulted in bent mech hanger, broken shifter, a probable cracked rib and lots of cuts and bruises Eek
The shock was set up properly but I've emptied the air out fully and pumped the shock back up again, cycling the shock to fill the pos and neg chambers. It seems to be working properly but I've yet to trust it enough to commit to anything big. Looking online it seems to happen to some and sometimes the issue only presents itself during the first couple of rides and never happens again (fingers crossed)

Other than that the bike is amazing fun to ride, really stable and eats up the trails. Unbeatable value for the grin factor and spec.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 13:54 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
miniator wrote:

I'll report back after my third ride at the end of the month - The first went great, the second not so great:
My vivid air compressed and didn't rebound properly, the following hit resulted in bent mech hanger, broken shifter, a probable cracked rib and lots of cuts and bruises Eek
The shock was set up properly but I've emptied the air out fully and pumped the shock back up again, cycling the shock to fill the pos and neg chambers. It seems to be working properly but I've yet to trust it enough to commit to anything big. Looking online it seems to happen to some and sometimes the issue only presents itself during the first couple of rides and never happens again (fingers crossed)

Other than that the bike is amazing fun to ride, really stable and eats up the trails. Unbeatable value for the grin factor and spec.

ouch painful one. Im happy to report no such problems, absolutely loving mine!

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
I became the owner of a 2016 Swoop 9.0 a couple of days ago, was finaly well enough to ride it today. after setting up the shock pressures and adjusting the handlebar angle, I love it, I totally love it, rides better than my 2010 Demo 8, and my 2012 Ibis Mojo HD (soon to be sold). Its light, low, long, slack, stable, solid, and confident in the air. Mighty impressed with it, and a total bargain!

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 2:32 Quote
miniator wrote:

my one is still in the box (skiing holidays). few upgrades are on the way before hitting the trails- hopefully this weekned

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
guys can you confirm front wheel isnt boost standard?

I've ordered custom wheels based on the website spec to find out front one is standard 100mm- bollocksConfused

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 1:49 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:

I've ordered custom wheels based on the website spec to find out front one is standard 100mm- bollocksConfused

it is not!

i only realised once id got the bike

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 1:51 Quote
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

it is not!

now I need to beg my LBS to change the hub

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 1:53 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

it is not!

what wheelset did you order out of interest?

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:
miniator wrote:

it is not!

ok, sorted now, £35 and they will build brand new wheel for me and take the old one back

I was thinking about Hope4 and Flow MK3 but after talking to shop owner decided to get dtswiss. Apparently Stans Flow dings and bends pretty easily.

Wheelset: Dtswiss 350s hubs and dtswiss ex471 rims (both tubeless)

Tyres: Magic Marry Evo front and Hans Dampf Evo rear

not the best looking but bombproof (had one set few years back on intense m9 and never had a problem with them)

Amazing how much weight you can save only by changing tyres and going tubless

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 4:25 Quote
sqmaleb wrote:
miniator wrote:
sqmaleb wrote:

ok, sorted now, £35 and they will build brand new wheel for me and take the old one back

I was thinking about Hope4 and Flow MK3 but after talking to shop owner decided to get dtswiss. Apparently Stans Flow dings and bends pretty easily.

Wheelset: Dtswiss 350s hubs and dtswiss ex471 rims (both tubeless)

Tyres: Magic Marry Evo front and Hans Dampf Evo rear

not the best looking but bombproof (had one set few years back on intense m9 and never had a problem with them)

Amazing how much weight you can save only by changing tyres and going tubless

the standard wheels are my first experience of DT Swiss wheels and tbf, i cant fault them.

Whilst there's lighter etc out there, like the set youve ordered, im not rush to change them at all.

Theyre also a gift to set tubeless, track pump is all that is required!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015813
Mobile Version of Website