Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 10:20 Quote
Thanks bushwacked for your feedback and for the link for bike comparison!

I have read lot of good review for the swoop 170 in the downhill side but didn't found info about climbing and pedalling on uphill... Do u think the swoop 170 is closer to the Canyon Torque rather than Strive?

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 12:35 Quote
Done over1500m or climbing today in the Valais in Switzerland (some hike à bike) and not a problem. Even though I have a vivid air with no lock out I never find climbing a problem. Only my fitness at 1900m and above is the issue!
I normally run my saddle quite far forward which I find helps a little and I've fitted a oval chain ring if that makes any difference to anyone.

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 23:21 Quote
I’ve got an oval too. What size did you go for? I’m running a 32t on a 11-46 cassette

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 1:16 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
I’ve got an oval too. What size did you go for? I’m running a 32t on a 11-46 cassette

I've got a 30t as the climbs where I live (Morzine) are huge and just the stock GX 11spd cassette 11 - 42 I think!! Probably will upgrade to Eagle very soon though.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
bushwacked wrote:

I've got a 30t as the climbs where I live (Morzine) are huge and just the stock GX 11spd cassette 11 - 42 I think!! Probably will upgrade to Eagle very soon though.

I imagine a 30t is ideal for Morzine, especially with a 42 on back. I've been toying with 34t but think 32t is about right with the 46.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 1:58 Quote
Andrea85 wrote:

I have read lot of good review for the swoop 170 in the downhill side but didn't found info about climbing and pedalling on uphill... Do u think the swoop 170 is closer to the Canyon Torque rather than Strive?

Not overly familiar wiht the Torque as I was after a Trail/Enduro bike rather than a Enduro DH machine.

If I ordered them from trail bike to DH sled I would put them in the following order:

Spectral
Strive
Swoop
Torque

The Torque, while some of the geometry is similar to the Swoop rather than the Strive, it seems DH/FR focused and is more slack and less able to cope as well with trail riding - for example the slacker seat tube. It will depend on how you define Enduro and the type of riding you'll do.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
thedee38 wrote:
bushwacked wrote:

I imagine a 30t is ideal for Morzine, especially with a 42 on back. I've been toying with 34t but think 32t is about right with the 46.

im running a 30t oval on the 10-42....plenty for aynthign im doing.

I coudl probably push a 32t but the 30t lets me stay out and squeeze another trail or 2 in

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 4:50 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
Andrea85 wrote:

Not overly familiar wiht the Torque as I was after a Trail/Enduro bike rather than a Enduro DH machine.

If I ordered them from trail bike to DH sled I would put them in the following order:

Spectral
Strive
Swoop
Torque
Thanks!

bushwacked wrote:
The Torque, while some of the geometry is similar to the Swoop rather than the Strive, it seems DH/FR focused and is more slack and less able to cope as well with trail riding - for example the slacker seat tube. It will depend on how you define Enduro and the type of riding you'll do.
I started doing mountain bike about 1 year ago. 1, 2 times per week. My current average ride is between 15 to 25km and 700-800mt of climb. I enjoy both flow trail and rocky & steep trail. I like jumps ( the small one Smile ) We usually do some trails where people do enduro race. I have tried bike park this summer for the first time where i rented a DH bike.
I am from Italy and i haven't been yet to Finale but I will soon.

To me Enduro is climb as much as possible to enjoy the descent more and more, stay with friends in to the nature discover new routes and places.

My bike is heavy old freeride with 180 front and 170 rear, sometimes it's too painful to get to the top where friends of mine go up easily (Capra and Strive). Sometimes we swap bikes so i can keep up with them Smile
Once in downhill i am looking for a solid bike that gives me confidence to learn to go faster and faster.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
My Swoop came with 30T chain ring and a GX cassette that is 10-42T I would not want a 30T up front with only an 11 out back that would be painfully low geared for any downhill. 30-10 is a just slightly a higher gear than 32-11.

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
Has anyone riddent the Jab yet ? All the tests seem to agree on the same thing : fun to ride and agile but not very stable in the rough

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
Hi!
Does Anyone has experience with invisiframe as cover protector for radon swoop 170?

Do you guys know if the invisiframe for 2017 model would fit the 2018 frame?

Also, they said that the frame protector does not work well with anodized frame. The radon swoop 170 9.0 is not anodized right? Can you confirm that?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
Andrea85 wrote:
Hi!
Does Anyone has experience with invisiframe as cover protector for radon swoop 170?

Also, they said that the frame protector does not work well with anodized frame. The radon swoop 170 9.0 is not anodized right? Can you confirm that?

Thanks

The 9.0 is painted, if it’s the blue one, so no problem. The 8.0 and 10.0 have the anodised black frame, which is difficult to stick frame protection to (I have the 10.0) as it isn’t smooth. I have found that Bike Shield works quite well though.
Pretty sure the 2017 and 2018 are the same frame. Invisiframe only seeemed to offer the medium size when I looked.
I didn’t pursue further once they said it wouldn’t stick

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 22:51 Quote
ratboy158 wrote:
Andrea85 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks

The 9.0 is painted, if it’s the blue one, so no problem. The 8.0 and 10.0 have the anodised black frame, which is difficult to stick frame protection to (I have the 10.0) as it isn’t smooth. I have found that Bike Shield works quite well though.
Pretty sure the 2017 and 2018 are the same frame. Invisiframe only seeemed to offer the medium size when I looked.
I didn’t pursue further once they said it wouldn’t stick

Yes 9.0 is the blue one.
Thanks for your feedback man!

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 11:39 Quote
Andrea85 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks

I have the 2018 swoop 170 9.0. It is blue/black, not anodized. Invisiframe 2017 fits the 2018 model, it's sure. I laid on with my own hands.

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 13:09 Quote
Red Bull Foxhunt time of year again, on this course the Swoop is a mighty bike for it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012588
Mobile Version of Website