Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 5:17 Quote
void wrote:
cazao wrote:
Vulhelm wrote:
Is it easy to fit if you fit yourself or did you send it somewhere to get it fitted?

I thought about fitting one of these but the debonair spring made enough difference for me for now. Also, I don't run any tokens in mine at 180mm so it might not work too well for me.

Hi, I did the debon air upgrade on my lyrik 180 mm and now the fork never stay fully extended no matter how much air pressure I put. Just with the bike weight it start as 10% sag. Do you know if this is normal? Or shoud it stay 100% extended?
Make sure assembly didn't result in negative pressure in the lowers at full extension. This can happen if you didn't have airshaft fully extended when putting lowers on.
Great, I will try this. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
Also, sometimes grease can clog up the transfer port if you've put a bit too much in. You can fix this by either putting nearly max psi in the fork and then compress/extend the fork multiple times to try and blow the grease out, or do a quick rebuild and clean the transfer port manually.
Thanks, I will check that

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 7:08 Quote
I need help guys,

i'm buying new brakes don't like the mt5...
gonna buy sram code rsc
but how the hell do i know if i need a adapter or not and if i need one, which one ??
The front rotor is 200 and rear is 180
SRAM/s website isn't very clear about this
Radon specs are not very clear at all
So if somebody knows what i need, please advice
The bike is the Swoop 10.0 2018
I am so lucky i bought the 2018 model cause now the have 29ers only brrrrrr not for me
Cheers

Marco

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
LeftyB wrote:
I need help guys,

i'm buying new brakes don't like the mt5...
gonna buy sram code rsc
but how the hell do i know if i need a adapter or not and if i need one, which one ??
The front rotor is 200 and rear is 180
SRAM/s website isn't very clear about this
Radon specs are not very clear at all
So if somebody knows what i need, please advice
The bike is the Swoop 10.0 2018
I am so lucky i bought the 2018 model cause now the have 29ers only brrrrrr not for me
Cheers

Marco

Aren't all brakes post mount nowadays? I recon same adapters/rotors should work unless caliper shape differs a lot between brands.
What's wrong with mt5?

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
Hallo
Thank you for the response
Mt5 to sponchy and the front braklever coming to close to the bar no adjusment possible
Cheers
Marco

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 8:38 Quote
Yeah, SRAM is supposed to be easier to bleed.

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
Sounds like your MT5 brakes need a bleed. Mine have been amazing and are far better than shimano. I was thinking that after a few runs I’d want to put shimano on, as I have them on my other bikes, but I’m sold and have had them for over 12 months with no issues. Been awesome for uplifts too - none of that having to pump them after a shuttle run like other makes.

There have been some reviews that the pads wear down quickly. I had this with the pads that came with them (after 14 rides!!! WTF!!) but swapped out and been on same pads since and have done over 2000km

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 13:56 Quote

Fast and easy bleed, works for me every time. Just enable auto-generated subtitles to understand him, it’s in german. I do this every time I change my pads (there is excess fluid in system). I also think they are far better, than any brake I tried before (shimano two-piston and sram brakes except new codes), around 6500km on them Only negative for me are brake levers, they are prone to leak after crash. Some guys change then for shimano levers, but I don’t want servo wave system. I think they would be great with formula cura levers(no system like servo wave and mineral oil, they are also full serviceable), but I can't find them anywhere.

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
There have been some reviews that the pads wear down quickly. I had this with the pads that came with them (after 14 rides!!! WTF!!) but swapped out and been on same pads since and have done over 2000km

What pads do you use? I've keep using the Magura 8.p but they don't last me very long!

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
Just away for work at the moment but will check when I get home- think I’ve got magura sintered front and superstar Kevlar rear

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
In an attempt to reduce the amount of winter muck on the lower rear bearings and shock, and because I had one kicking about, I managed to fit a Mudhugger Shorty on the back of the Swoop.
Pretty easy really, with a small modification of 2 holes!

Mudhugger Shorty
Mudhugger Shorty

Mudhugger Shorty
Mudhugger Shorty

Mudhugger Shorty
Mudhugger Shorty

Mudhugger Shorty
Mudhugger Shorty

Smile

Posted: 3 days ago Quote

Poor photo, but the Swoops got a couple of upgrades ready for a week in Gran Canaria, Light Bicycle EN728 rims on DT Swiss 350's and an XX1 cassette. Forks gained an MRP ramp control cartridge.

Posted: 12 hours ago Quote
If you get a chance to do one of the Free Motion tours from the highest point to the sea, they're great fun! Big Grin

StevieJB wrote:

Poor photo, but the Swoops got a couple of upgrades ready for a week in Gran Canaria, Light Bicycle EN728 rims on DT Swiss 350's and an XX1 cassette. Forks gained an MRP ramp control cartridge.

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
I’m going with DH Guides Canarias, I’ve been once before and the riding is great. The owner / guide is Himar Sánchez ex World Cup rider, was great to have him to follow.

https://www.rootsandrain.com/rider4980/himar-sanchez-salminen/results/

We did quite a few runs last time from the top of the mountain but not all the way to sea level, i’ll Ask him if we can do that.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024150
Mobile Version of Website