Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
How are Swoop owners liking the bikes in the long run?
I'm very, very tempted on a Swoop 29, but the price sounds too good to be true.
Is there a catch somewhere?
Weak bearings? Crappy something there?

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Arierep wrote:
2 seasons, so far so good.
Bike discount support consists of imbeciles, pivots and headset bearing are not the highest quality but are ok if you pack them with grease right away, downtube gets dented easily by rocks picked up by front wheel, but it's just cosmetics. No other issues so far.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
Arierep wrote:

I was concerned about bearings initially and have just bought some to replace mine after 18 months of riding 2-3 times a week in dust to mud - however on checking them, most are sound so might not change them all just yet - only the ones that need it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
Arierep wrote:

nope, nothing!

buy it!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 3:08 Quote
Thanks
At this point I'm kind of divided between a used Raaw Madonna, a new Sentinel frame or a complete Swoop 29 8.0.
They all end up costing roughly the same in the end, one being the case of used frame + used parts (Madonna), new frame + used parts (Sentinel) or whole new bike (Swoop).

I have the stigma that the Swoop frame would be a step down in quality vs the other 2, most likely unjustified

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 3:37 Quote
Ive just got my swoop 29 and no issues with thw frame quality. The only things that i dont like is the screw in the flip chip seems like itd be easy to round the head as its so small (easy to swap out though) and they run the brake cable under the bb, bith easy enough to change though

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
Arierep wrote:
Thanks
At this point I'm kind of divided between a used Raaw Madonna, a new Sentinel frame or a complete Swoop 29 8.0.
They all end up costing roughly the same in the end, one being the case of used frame + used parts (Madonna), new frame + used parts (Sentinel) or whole new bike (Swoop).

I have the stigma that the Swoop frame would be a step down in quality vs the other 2, most likely unjustified

my buddy had a sentinel and has sold it, has a swoop 29 9.0 on order.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:28 Quote
Any specifics why he sold the Sentinel?

The 9.0 sounds great, but I really prefer the Shimano bits of the 8.0.
Also, the Lyrik can be upgraded to 180mm, and Radon will keep the warranty

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
m4rc91 wrote:
Ive just got my swoop 29 and no issues with thw frame quality. The only things that i dont like is the screw in the flip chip seems like itd be easy to round the head as its so small (easy to swap out though) and they run the brake cable under the bb, bith easy enough to change though

Same - I got these https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-screws-m3x12-for-derailleur-hanger-and-flipchip-3-pcs.-660859

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
m4rc91 wrote:
The only things that i dont like is the screw in the flip chip seems like itd be easy to round the head as its so small (easy to swap out though)
Why would you even put any torque on it? Flip chip relies on torque from shock bolt to stay in place, small screw is there just so flip chip doesn't fall out when you remove the shock.

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Exactly. I read a review of the Swoop 170 29 recently which slated the use of cross head screws on the flip chips. I mean WTF. Is it really a big deal?

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
Exactly. I read a review of the Swoop 170 29 recently which slated the use of cross head screws on the flip chips. I mean WTF. Is it really a big deal?

Saw that too and it should actually be a compliment that the reviewer has to nitpick such a insignificant detail to find a negative thing to write about the Swoop.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Think I might be getting a bit carried away with the whole Swoop thing!
First the 27.5 Swoop 170 10.0, now this...!
I did have 3 Commencals at one point mind!! Wink Big Grin
2018 Radon Swoop 200 9.0 20
2018 Radon Swoop 200 9.0 20”

2018 Radon Swoop 200 9.0 20
2018 Radon Swoop 200 9.0 20”

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 2:08 Quote
VedranBaric wrote:
Radon Slide Trail 29 9.0

That's the very bike I'm considering! With those tyres too. I was a little undecided about the fairly high bottom bracket drop (-25mm), compared to the swoop (-39mm) in the slack setting. How are you finding it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020587
Mobile Version of Website