Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
MonkeyBadgerBoy wrote:
I had a Swoop, never put a coil on but did read that I think the Cane Creek DB could poss be tuned to suit. I think TF Tuned are the guys to speak to if you're looking at a coil. Bottom line Swoop is linear but it may be poss to put a coil on if right one tuned right.

Also look at MRP, they are doing a progressively wound coil now. Seems that could be the answer.

Yeah, that's basically what they said to me. The CCDB could be tuned but as the linkage is linear it suits an air. However they said it depended what you wanted. If you wanted grip and speed then a tuned coil would be better but the risk is if you are in between coil springs it might be difficult to get it right. If you want pop and fun then air would be much better as the air spring is progressive and also so much more adjustable.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
void wrote:
Couple of Swoop action photos from Finale earlier this year






God I love Finale!!! Great pics. I never stop, always having too much fun

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Ok thanks guys!

I will stick with the air damper i think. But when im in the alps the air damper gets hot after hard long runs... Smile

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
And yet the Swoop 200 was supplied with either and air shock or coil shock, depending on the model...?!

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Anyone have a jealous for sale?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
ratboy158 wrote:
And yet the Swoop 200 was supplied with either and air shock or coil shock, depending on the model...?!
I had trailside chat with random Swoop 200 owner in Morzine couple of years ago and he mentioned he struggled to get rear suspension dialed until he switched to air shock.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
void wrote:
ratboy158 wrote:
And yet the Swoop 200 was supplied with either and air shock or coil shock, depending on the model...?!
I had trailside chat with random Swoop 200 owner in Morzine couple of years ago and he mentioned he struggled to get rear suspension dialed until he switched to air shock.
Interesting! I did wonder. Fortunately mine has an air shock, and it definitely ramps up at the end of the stroke Big Grin

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
I posted earlier about my top shock mount coming loose constantly...
I took it all apart as I'm it's still happening and a bit of play has developed. It looks like the shock is rotating on the bolt and not the DU bush. This has led to the bolt wearing away. The video below shows how bad it's become:
https://youtu.be/Cj7poEMtTW4

Waiting on a response from Radon/Bike-discount again, they took two weeks to reply to my last email...

So far pretty dissatisfied with what could be an awesome bike.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
the-search wrote:
I posted earlier about my top shock mount coming loose constantly...
I took it all apart as I'm it's still happening and a bit of play has developed. It looks like the shock is rotating on the bolt and not the DU bush. This has led to the bolt wearing away. The video below shows how bad it's become:
https://youtu.be/Cj7poEMtTW4

Waiting on a response from Radon/Bike-discount again, they took two weeks to reply to my last email...

So far pretty dissatisfied with what could be an awesome bike.

Mate just call their claim office, got my stuff sorted on the day usually after a strict but polite call. No need to give them a load of crap, they didnt engineer the bike. My case ended up in a returned bike and my money back. No clue what im buying now..

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015565
Mobile Version of Website