Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
MonkeyBadgerBoy wrote:
I had a Swoop, never put a coil on but did read that I think the Cane Creek DB could poss be tuned to suit. I think TF Tuned are the guys to speak to if you're looking at a coil. Bottom line Swoop is linear but it may be poss to put a coil on if right one tuned right.

Also look at MRP, they are doing a progressively wound coil now. Seems that could be the answer.

Yeah, that's basically what they said to me. The CCDB could be tuned but as the linkage is linear it suits an air. However they said it depended what you wanted. If you wanted grip and speed then a tuned coil would be better but the risk is if you are in between coil springs it might be difficult to get it right. If you want pop and fun then air would be much better as the air spring is progressive and also so much more adjustable.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
void wrote:
Couple of Swoop action photos from Finale earlier this year

God I love Finale!!! Great pics. I never stop, always having too much fun

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Ok thanks guys!

I will stick with the air damper i think. But when im in the alps the air damper gets hot after hard long runs... Smile

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
And yet the Swoop 200 was supplied with either and air shock or coil shock, depending on the model...?!

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Anyone have a jealous for sale?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
ratboy158 wrote:
And yet the Swoop 200 was supplied with either and air shock or coil shock, depending on the model...?!
I had trailside chat with random Swoop 200 owner in Morzine couple of years ago and he mentioned he struggled to get rear suspension dialed until he switched to air shock.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
void wrote:
ratboy158 wrote:
I had trailside chat with random Swoop 200 owner in Morzine couple of years ago and he mentioned he struggled to get rear suspension dialed until he switched to air shock.
Interesting! I did wonder. Fortunately mine has an air shock, and it definitely ramps up at the end of the stroke Big Grin

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
I posted earlier about my top shock mount coming loose constantly...
I took it all apart as I'm it's still happening and a bit of play has developed. It looks like the shock is rotating on the bolt and not the DU bush. This has led to the bolt wearing away. The video below shows how bad it's become:
https://youtu.be/Cj7poEMtTW4

Waiting on a response from Radon/Bike-discount again, they took two weeks to reply to my last email...

So far pretty dissatisfied with what could be an awesome bike.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
the-search wrote:
I posted earlier about my top shock mount coming loose constantly...
I took it all apart as I'm it's still happening and a bit of play has developed. It looks like the shock is rotating on the bolt and not the DU bush. This has led to the bolt wearing away. The video below shows how bad it's become:
https://youtu.be/Cj7poEMtTW4

Waiting on a response from Radon/Bike-discount again, they took two weeks to reply to my last email...

So far pretty dissatisfied with what could be an awesome bike.

Mate just call their claim office, got my stuff sorted on the day usually after a strict but polite call. No need to give them a load of crap, they didnt engineer the bike. My case ended up in a returned bike and my money back. No clue what im buying now..

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 0:48 Quote
Hello! Does anyone know what is the max tire width for Radon Slide 150 8.0 HD? Im currently running these slipery trail tires Mavic crossmax 2.4" front & back wondering if i could do example 2.6" front & back. If not I will just go with more aggressive tire pattern

Cheers!
-Kuninkas

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
I had a swoop 170 and found I could eat through the travel in the rear to easy with my Monarch RC3,i then swapped the shock onto my transition patrol and travel feels bottomless with Same sag/pressures

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Hi there. Just about to make a purchase and my shortlist is down to the 2019 Skein 10 Marathon, or the 2020 Slide Trail 8.0. I'm into climbs, but like a bit of fun descent as well, without any major air as I'm an old fogie who's been biking since the very early 90's and that just ain't my bag baby. I'd figured on 130mm max travel, but my eye has been caught by the tan sidewall sweetness of the 2020 Slide 8.0. Not much for hucking about, but I'm starting to think that I could live with the weight gain on the Slide as the geo just looks a bit more sorted than the Skein. But, they're the same price at the mo, and the Skeins spec is far better, with Fox Performance elite on both ends, Fox dropper, full XT rather than the mishmash SRAM on the Slide, etc. Any advice/recommendations? Will the Slide be OK on XC rides? Is the Skeins geo actually sorted? I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks guys.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
Ouiski wrote:
Has anyone had any issues with main pivot bolts coming loose continuously on their radon swoop 170? I bought a swoop 9.0 170 29er about 3 months ago. Recently the right bolt has been working its way loose regularly. I've taken it out and applied loads of thread lock a couple of times but now it might come completely out on a trail and its started wearing away the actual frame, I'm going to contact Radon to see if this has been a known issue for anyone else, but figured I'd ask here as well.

I have had the exact same problem. I spoke to another owner who had the same problem on the same model. I sent them an email but I'm wondering what they responded to you just to see what to expect. Seems like this isn't just a issue with this model though, I met someone who bought a skeen and returned it almost immediately due to an issue with the pivots.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
Jaffa4eva wrote:
Hi there. Just about to make a purchase and my shortlist is down to the 2019 Skein 10 Marathon, or the 2020 Slide Trail 8.0. I'm into climbs, but like a bit of fun descent as well, without any major air as I'm an old fogie who's been biking since the very early 90's and that just ain't my bag baby. I'd figured on 130mm max travel, but my eye has been caught by the tan sidewall sweetness of the 2020 Slide 8.0. Not much for hucking about, but I'm starting to think that I could live with the weight gain on the Slide as the geo just looks a bit more sorted than the Skein. But, they're the same price at the mo, and the Skeins spec is far better, with Fox Performance elite on both ends, Fox dropper, full XT rather than the mishmash SRAM on the Slide, etc. Any advice/recommendations? Will the Slide be OK on XC rides? Is the Skeins geo actually sorted? I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks guys.

Although I cannot comment on the slide, I met someone who had multiple issues with the skeen. I myself have had issues with my swoop and it seems I'm not the only one. This is very unfortunate as it seems the low price comes at a cost. If your looking for something similar to the skeen or slide I would recommend the YT jeffsy or canyon spectral or neuron. Never ridden one before but I've met lots of YT and Canyon owners and they've never had any issues similar to those that I've found on my radon.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
A quick read on the YT owners threads and you will find lots of problems with the bikes and the customer service.

YT and Canyon are in different price brackets to Radons now.

The only problem I've had with mine over two years of pretty heavy abuse was the front right pivot bolt coming loose early on. A bit of threadlock and it's been fine since (not 'loads of threadlock' like someone said earlier).

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012612
Mobile Version of Website