Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
A quick read on the YT owners threads and you will find lots of problems with the bikes and the customer service.

YT and Canyon are in different price brackets to Radons now.

The only problem I've had with mine over two years of pretty heavy abuse was the front right pivot bolt coming loose early on. A bit of threadlock and it's been fine since (not 'loads of threadlock' like someone said earlier).

So I got a reply from radon and they suggest the same thing however, I don't think this is the solution. What I believe the problem is (at least in my case) is that the bearing isn't moving freely. Basically my guess is, the bearing isn't fully rotating properly so sometimes when the shock is returning it's creating friction on the bolt which after a while will loosen it. I am surprised my bearings only lasted a few months.

Anyone know any good bearings that last more than 4 months?

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Enduro bearings are great. Alternatively you could try popping the seal off the current bearing and packing it with grease. Sometimes they can be supplied a bit dry

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:44 Quote
Anyone had problems on their swoop getting the rear bearings apart (nearest the rear axles)? I can undo the nut but can't get the bolt out to disassemble. Spoken to Radon and they suggested a few things but no joy. Had it soaked in Plusgas and in a vice and no joy - luckily they are still fairly OK even after 2 years and the frame moves fine with no friction.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Yep exactly the same. Just left it in the end as it was spinning smoothly like yours.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
Lol, been like that for about 12 months now - keep thinking i should sort it out, but not sure how much those bearings really matter in the overall linkage - as long as they are moving I’m happy

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 1:50 Quote
Does anyone have bearing numbers for the Swoop 170? I have play in the chainstay (main) bearings so need to change them.

I’d like to have the bearings here ready so I don’t miss any rides.

Cheers,

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
Here’s what I have collected from various sources, (possibly some on here from earlier posts, I lose track):

Shock Screws - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-shock-screws-set-swoop-170-10371-630643
Main Bearing Screws (set 1) - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-main-bearing-screw-set-swoop-10362-630623
Main Bearing Screws (set 20 - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-bearing-kit-main-pivot-2-58333

Hanger: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-derailleur-hanger-10240-axh-sram-489749

Bearings: 4 x 61902 (or 6902, same thing) main pivot and chainstay. 8 x 688 all other pivots. Recommend Enduro MAX bearings if replacing.

Got the headset bearings measured as:

30.2x41x6.5x45x45
40x51.8x8x36x45

I contacted Radon for the shock mount hardware sizes. If anyone needs them they are:

42.2x8
22.2x8

Shock size
216x63 or 8.5x2.5

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Thanks buddy.

I’m stripping my frame and will list the bearing numbers.

To start off the list:

Chainstay main pivot 6902 VRS (6902 2RS).

I’m replacing mine with Enduro MAX bearings to hopefully get a decent life out of them.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
yetiboyjay wrote:
Thanks buddy.

To start off the list:

I’m replacing mine with Enduro MAX bearings to hopefully get a decent life out of them.

Where did you find the bearings since I couldn't find the right dimensions on the enduro website. Could you send the link please?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
Jaffa4eva wrote:
Hi there. Just about to make a purchase and my shortlist is down to the 2019 Skein 10 Marathon, or the 2020 Slide Trail 8.0. I'm into climbs, but like a bit of fun descent as well, without any major air as I'm an old fogie who's been biking since the very early 90's and that just ain't my bag baby. I'd figured on 130mm max travel, but my eye has been caught by the tan sidewall sweetness of the 2020 Slide 8.0. Not much for hucking about, but I'm starting to think that I could live with the weight gain on the Slide as the geo just looks a bit more sorted than the Skein. But, they're the same price at the mo, and the Skeins spec is far better, with Fox Performance elite on both ends, Fox dropper, full XT rather than the mishmash SRAM on the Slide, etc. Any advice/recommendations? Will the Slide be OK on XC rides? Is the Skeins geo actually sorted? I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks guys.

Although I cannot comment on the slide, I met someone who had multiple issues with the skeen. I myself have had issues with my swoop and it seems I'm not the only one. This is very unfortunate as it seems the low price comes at a cost. If your looking for something similar to the skeen or slide I would recommend the YT jeffsy or canyon spectral or neuron. Never ridden one before but I've met lots of YT and Canyon owners and they've never had any issues similar to those that I've found on my radon.

Hey, thanks a million for the reply. I was looking at a Jeffsy and Neuron as well, so you're spot on there, but I came across an ad for a 2016 Yeti SB4.5C for similar money. Immaculate, ridiculous spec. So I went ahead an bought it. Incredible bike, couldn't be happier, and very glad I didn't opt for the Skeen in the end. Thanks again for the advice!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
yetiboyjay wrote:
Thanks buddy.

To start off the list:

Where did you find the bearings since I couldn't find the right dimensions on the enduro website. Could you send the link please?

Here mate: https://www.airevelobearings.com/product/6902-2rs-max-complement-bearing/

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
Jaffa4eva wrote:
Hi there. Just about to make a purchase and my shortlist is down to the 2019 Skein 10 Marathon, or the 2020 Slide Trail 8.0. I'm into climbs, but like a bit of fun descent as well, without any major air as I'm an old fogie who's been biking since the very early 90's and that just ain't my bag baby. I'd figured on 130mm max travel, but my eye has been caught by the tan sidewall sweetness of the 2020 Slide 8.0. Not much for hucking about, but I'm starting to think that I could live with the weight gain on the Slide as the geo just looks a bit more sorted than the Skein. But, they're the same price at the mo, and the Skeins spec is far better, with Fox Performance elite on both ends, Fox dropper, full XT rather than the mishmash SRAM on the Slide, etc. Any advice/recommendations? Will the Slide be OK on XC rides? Is the Skeins geo actually sorted? I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks guys.

Although I cannot comment on the slide, I met someone who had multiple issues with the skeen. I myself have had issues with my swoop and it seems I'm not the only one. This is very unfortunate as it seems the low price comes at a cost. If your looking for something similar to the skeen or slide I would recommend the YT jeffsy or canyon spectral or neuron. Never ridden one before but I've met lots of YT and Canyon owners and they've never had any issues similar to those that I've found on my radon.

Hey, thanks a million for the reply. I was looking at a Jeffsy and Neuron as well, so you're spot on there, but I came across an ad for a 2016 Yeti SB4.5C for similar money. Immaculate, ridiculous spec. So I went ahead an bought it. Incredible bike, couldn't be happier, and very glad I didn't opt for the Skeen in the end. Thanks again for the advice!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
yetiboyjay wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
yetiboyjay wrote:
Thanks buddy.

To start off the list:

Here mate: https://www.airevelobearings.com/product/6902-2rs-max-complement-bearing/
Thanks man, looking forward to having bearings that will last!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
Jaffa4eva wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
Jaffa4eva wrote:

Nice! sounds like you got a really good deal

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Recently went on a ride on my old trail bike with 135mm of travel. I noticed that the suspension felt a lot more plush than on the radon swoop. Is this just a question of my setup or the factory tune.

If it's the factory tune, then is there a way to make it feel less harsh?

Is there any other reason as to why the suspension feels so rough?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007569
Mobile Version of Website