Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
I usually sand red teflon coating down with fine sandpaper until everything moves relatively free then apply some SRAM butter.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
Anyone got the shock bushing dimensions to hand?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
Anyone got the shock bushing dimensions to hand?

I'll check tomorrow but I think I've a set of spare top bushings for Rockshox shocks in the garage that I will no longer need as decided to sell on my Swoop frame as fancy a NS Snabb 160.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
Top is 22.2x8. Bottom is 42.2x8.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:31 Quote
Cheers for all this. Will be buying some new shock hardware to go with the shiny new rockers Radon have sorted out for me.

Cool Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Beer Beer Beer

Nice one Radon!!!!!

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Hi guys, I’m looking to upgrade my shock on my swoop 170 it’s the 2017 model. I wanna swap over to a Coil shock but unsure on what size I’ll need? Currently running a RockShox debonair rct3. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
216mm (eye to eye) x 63mm (stroke). AKA 8.5" x 2.5".

Not sure what spring rate you'd need, but there are calculators if you have a quick search.

Personally I would not recommend a coil on this frame as the leverage ratio curve is quite linear. You may find you can't find a nice balance between sag, compliance/resistance, and bottoming out. MRP make progressive springs which may help a bit.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:

Personally I would not recommend a coil on this frame as the leverage ratio curve is quite linear. You may find you can't find a nice balance between sag, compliance/resistance, and bottoming out. MRP make progressive springs which may help a bit.

I looked into it also and those who know the frame and suspension said the same. Linear curve and coil springs aren't a great match.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:

Not sure what spring rate you'd need, but there are calculators if you have a quick search.

Cool, thanks for the info. I’ll probably just upgrade the air shock then. Any recommendations to a decent one?

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
I've just serviced my vivid air after three summer seasons in the french and Swiss Alps and Holy shit what a difference. Added four tokens in it. Now running 10psi less at 30% sag and it's amazing. So maybe just think about doing that before you splash out on a new shock. I was in the same boat but now I'm happy with the vivid. Just the no climb switch on long high alpine climbs is abit shit but I got used to it now.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
[Quote="Lordy1987"]
Vulhelm wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info. I’ll probably just upgrade the air shock then. Any recommendations to a decent one?

The RS Vivid air with a few spacers inside matches their air forks with debonair/luftkappe very nicely. and glad to see you didint sell the betty (swoop)

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Lordy1987 wrote:

Can't fault the X2 on my Swoop 170, with volume reducers in it.
A bit more tuneable that the Vivid (if that's a good thing?) and there's a climb switch version.
Also easier to open up than a Vivid to put volume reducers in.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007420
Mobile Version of Website