Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
Has anyone made a mullet Swoop? My Swoop 8 650b is currently a bare frame and was destined for eBay but I’ve got almost all the bits except a fork to rebuild it and I’m tempted to build it into a mullet. Looking at measurements it looks like if I got a 29er Lyrik 150mm travel geo would only change very minimally to how I had the bike at what I thought it’s best (180mm fork running chip in trail). Wondered if it’s been done already and if the result was good?

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
Built it up 2 months ago, haven't tried it yet.
160mm 29er fork lifted front end by ~10mm compared to 180mm 27.5
I might make a trip to Finale during holiday season to try it out in case there no powder for snowboarding.

photo

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Does anyone know if a 210mm oneup dropper will fit in a 2019 swoop? I've got a XL frame but i cant find anything online about the insert length of a dropper they'll take

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
m4rc91 wrote:
Does anyone know if a 210mm oneup dropper will fit in a 2019 swoop? I've got a XL frame but i cant find anything online about the insert length of a dropper they'll take

I sent them an email asking the same thing, can't remember the exact measurement but you would need to have about 10 mm of the dropper sticking out to fit it. (so no full insertion)

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
m4rc91 wrote:

I sent them an email asking the same thing, can't remember the exact measurement but you would need to have about 10 mm of the dropper sticking out to fit it. (so no full insertion)

Thanks, did you get one, does it fit ok? 10mm sticking out is fine but i wouldn't want too much more! It's annoying the xl come with a 150mm post, doesn't seem like it would suit many people biying that bike

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
m4rc91 wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
m4rc91 wrote:

Thanks, did you get one, does it fit ok? 10mm sticking out is fine but i wouldn't want too much more! It's annoying the xl come with a 150mm post, doesn't seem like it would suit many people biying that bike

Yeah at least 170 would've been nice. Haven't bought it yet but saving up for sure.

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Anyone here that has a Radon Swoop 29 8.0 or 9.0? I'm looking into replacing my old 2015 Capra AL with the 2020 Swoop 8.0.

How does it compares to other bikes? Any comments welcome.

PS: the rear stays look somewhat thin. Are these strong enough to be ridden in alpine terrain all the time?

Looking at this build now:
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
I've got the 2019 Swoop 8.0 with Rockshox fork/shock and I live in the Alps. Rode it hard all year on a mixture of park and single track and it's performed very well. Only mods were mastic tape to quieten the chain a little and stronger tyres.

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
the-search wrote:
I've got the 2019 Swoop 8.0 with Rockshox fork/shock and I live in the Alps. Rode it hard all year on a mixture of park and single track and it's performed very well. Only mods were mastic tape to quieten the chain a little and stronger tyres.
I was wondering if they will maybe make a 9.0 this year with a higher SRAM spec?

I already read about the chain protector: seems way to short and thin. But that is easy to fix.

How does it ride compared to other bikes?

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 3:19 Quote
It's my first 29er so not got much to compare to really. It had the geo I wanted and a great spec for the money so took a chance on it.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Anyone here that has a Radon Swoop 29 8.0 or 9.0? I'm looking into replacing my old 2015 Capra AL with the 2020 Swoop 8.0.

How does it compares to other bikes? Any comments welcome.

PS: the rear stays look somewhat thin. Are these strong enough to be ridden in alpine terrain all the time?

Looking at this build now:
photo

I'm on the 2019 9.0 and rides great. It's a great spec and geo is nice. Only thing is make sure to check every bolt and bearing when you get it since I (and a lot of other radon owners I met) had the lower pivot bolts come loose during a ride. Usually putting some threadlock on the bolt is enough put I got some free bearings from radon. As long as you don't mind dealing with this problem then its a great bike.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
I'm 183cm, with rather long legs and short torso. I guess the 19" is similar to an size L, and should be fitting?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I'm 183cm, with rather long legs and short torso. I guess the 19" is similar to an size L, and should be fitting?

Yes the 19 should be good. I'm 196 and the XL fits fine.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Hi folks, only just Found this thread. I've a 2017 9.0 that I picked up in the sales. Changed from the xt 2x11 to sram eagle GX, put Hunt Enduro Wide wheels on, and most recently, an Öhlins ttx22 coil shock. Wow, coil brings it alive, I struggled with the X2 on the rear, and could never get it spot on, but the Öhlins is definitely the way to go

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
Vulhelm wrote:

Personally I would not recommend a coil on this frame as the leverage ratio curve is quite linear. You may find you can't find a nice balance between sag, compliance/resistance, and bottoming out. MRP make progressive springs which may help a bit.

I looked into it also and those who know the frame and suspension said the same. Linear curve and coil springs aren't a great match.
Mine's fine with a coil, just don't under calculate your spring????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014175
Mobile Version of Website