Charlotte Metropolitan Area, NC

PB Forum :: USA - East
Charlotte Metropolitan Area, NC
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 8:33 Quote
Hello PB,

To start, I'm aware there is a thread for the Charlotte area but most of it is from years past and trails/parks change so much its hard to know what's still in existence or ride-able.

I'm potentially moving to the Mooresville area from central Florida. Trying to get an idea of the mountain bike community and things related.

Shops? Trails? Cafes and bars? Things to avoid?

I ride a 26" hardtail which is perfect for Florida (we do have some really awesome riding), what do most of you ride up there?

Also, does the city offer any recreational trails for road bikes or just leisure cruising around town?

Excited to hear from everyone. I appreciate anything you have to offer.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 21:29 Quote
Lots of Charlotte area MTB club and trail info here: http://www.tarheeltrailblazers.com/index.cfm

Loads of trails local to Mooresville!

Lake Norman State Park
Fisher / Allison Farm
North Mecklenburg Park
US National Whitewater Center
....just to name a few in the Charlotte metro area.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
Awesome! Thank you for the link.

Posted: Jan 14, 2017 at 17:52 Quote
Check out Sherman's Branch, it has a little of everything and the trail is in excellent shape.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
HI! probably moving from salt lake city to somewhere around Charlotte. I know Utah is amazing for riding but the people are rough. I want some serious pucker affect downhill, Free ride even fun enduro. any help is appreciated! Hopefully exploring a different part of the country is a good change of pace

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
Hey guys, anyone in the Charlotte area ever head to Asheville or Pisgah for a day trip to ride trails?

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Hey guys, anyone in the Charlotte area ever head to Asheville or Pisgah for a day trip to ride trails?

Those are great areas. Check out black mountain in pisgah

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007938
Mobile Version of Website