Avid brakes Compalint.

PB Forum :: SRAM
Avid brakes Compalint.
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 19:21 Quote
2453 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
2453 wrote:
they suck just spent a hour bleeding one avid elixir and it's still soft

I like how you edited your comment rather than explaining. You're a bad mechanic if it takes you that long and it's still done poorly. Avid has a fairly good guide on their method, and if you do it correctly, they will be bled correctly.

And it's already bumped, so whatevar.
i have bled almost every brake that is out there and the top of the crap brakes that are out there are as follows
avid
magura
formula
tektro
hayes
and the best brake to bleed shimano
i have been a bike mech for over 17 years what do you know

I know that I agree with the list. though I;ve never dealt with tektro or magura. Salute tup

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 19:40 Quote
Still doesn't take more than 20 minutes for a good bleed.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 1:29 Quote
thats true but you will have to do it more often than with shimano from my experience.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 13:04 Quote
Shimano is without a doubt a better system, and I'll agree avid is a bit step happy, but I've never taken an hour and still not be able to bleed a brake. Worst is line, having to rebleed it once, and that's still under half an hour.

It's not -that- hard. Says more about the mech than the brake when you say something like that, y'know?

I'll add if you follow the directions as Avid states them, it almost always works perfectly.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 15:43 Quote
I would have to agree with this also .. bleeding a brake isnt ever that difficult, getting it just perfect can sometmes be a chore but under an hour is easy.

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:48 Quote
avids are a bit of a fanny on but once you have the syringes and know what your doing you can do it in 15 minutes no problem.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 10:25 Quote
My instinct is to say that Avids are fine to bleed cause once you get good at it it's super quick and easy. Then I realize I got good at it cause I had to do it so damn often... I'd much rather just not have to bleed my brakes. It's pretty annoying have a set of syringes in your mandatory traveling tool set.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051804
Mobile Version of Website