Command post ircc slow to return...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Command post ircc slow to return...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
Having an issue with my specialized command post ircc-when it's clean it fires up with the push of the button like a rocket.... But after a few hours in to a ride when it gets some mud on it, it slows down and struggles to get back to full height... I haven't had to add any air and it is pretty new.

Any ideas?

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
There's not much to those posts, thankfully. If you let the air out, unscrew the wiper/seal assembly at the top, you can just yank the entire internals out with a push of the remote. This will allow you to quickly clean the internals. Use a rag or lint-free towel. There are some small parts so take your time and be gentle. The keys might fall out so keep an eye out. You can then apply a liberal amount of Slick Honey. You don't want normal grease, use the suspension-specific stuff.

Make sure you keep the o-ring in place just below the wiper on the inside of the assembly. Also, wipe down the internal lip of the wiper really well. A bit of slick honey in there on reassembly helps as well.

You have to service these things just a bit more often than other IFP-based droppers but the service is SO MUCH EASIER than an IFP-based droppers. I'll never go back to a Reverb or the like.

Good luck.

mk

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look inside and grease it up. I've got SRAM suspension grease... This should do the job right? Go a cover for the post now too, to try and limit how much crud gets onto it. Never had a reverb but had two KS posts that have been great. LEV was tricky to strip and sort out but then fine after.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
Yeah, SRAM suspension grease will work.

mk

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
Hey guys, got a prob with my command ircc...it it have no problem going up to top position, fully extended. But the prob start when i sit on it. It will go a click down.. any ideas what could be d issue here?

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 8:03 Quote
ahchat wrote:
Hey guys, got a prob with my command ircc...it it have no problem going up to top position, fully extended. But the prob start when i sit on it. It will go a click down.. any ideas what could be d issue here?

Check cable tension, if you're yanking on the cable inside your frame it will do this. This happened to me when I was traveling and re-assembled my bike. Anyway, IRCC is very easy to service also, just need a strap wrench and some common tools and you can take that sucker apart!

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 15:56 Quote
sdken wrote:
ahchat wrote:

Check cable tension, if you're yanking on the cable inside your frame it will do this. This happened to me when I was traveling and re-assembled my bike. Anyway, IRCC is very easy to service also, just need a strap wrench and some common tools and you can take that sucker apart!

I thought its d cable which causing it, but after changing to a new cable, rerouting the cable, still the problem is there

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010537
Mobile Version of Website