Bike snobs

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 17:36 Quote
Hi. While out on the trails I as most others do look at other people and their bikes, some really expensive some on a shoe string , but I always think , it's the person that makes the bike not the bike that makes the person.I personally didn't really care too much what my new build would look like , all i wanted was a soft tail that would climb hopefully almost as good as my hardtail, and go downhill a lot better than my hardtail. I had a limited amount of money , and there were very limited reviews of frame kit I purchased(luckily for me it exceeded my expectations in both things) But it annoys me how you get people riding about in groups taking the pee out of people because they can't afford the latest 1x or newest design brakes , lightest frames or clothes, generally being bike snobs. Always makes me laugh when they get left by a person on a basic bike . What's your views

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 2:07 Quote
mb49 wrote:
Hi. While out on the trails I as most others do look at other people and their bikes, some really expensive some on a shoe string , but I always think , it's the person that makes the bike not the bike that makes the person.I personally didn't really care too much what my new build would look like , all i wanted was a soft tail that would climb hopefully almost as good as my hardtail, and go downhill a lot better than my hardtail. I had a limited amount of money , and there were very limited reviews of frame kit I purchased(luckily for me it exceeded my expectations in both things) But it annoys me how you get people riding about in groups taking the pee out of people because they can't afford the latest 1x or newest design brakes , lightest frames or clothes, generally being bike snobs. Always makes me laugh when they get left by a person on a basic bike . What's your views

why are you so bothered with what other people ride ??
just go out and ride and enjoy what you have

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 2:59 Quote
What are my views?

I've seen these threads pop up all the time in various forums. No one cares about them any more. Just ride your damn bike.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 5:20 Quote
My view is that you seem to have a problem with other people having more expensive bikes than you.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 5:40 Quote
ugh, you know what really pisses me off, people that gave me dirty looks for pushing my chainless wagon to the start of A line as they were cranking like mad with their dropper posts in CLIMB position. Probably the dumbest riders and members of our sport;if you're going to ride the bikepark as if you were riding the trails then go ride the trails?!? they're loamier, fresher, just as fun, emptier, and sometimes dare I say even more cooler (which is hard to admit as a park rat)
besides, In a bike park environment ask anyone that committed to chainless and they'll most likely tell you it improved their riding tenfold (unless they already has the mad tekkers)

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 9:39 Quote
You'll find that is probably just human nature, coming from a BMX background you used to get this at the skate park all the time but you'll see the really good riders never actually cared.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 20:56 Quote
I'd say it doesn't matter. Most people start out on beater bikes and ride the hell out of em.

They will upgrade over time, and eventually if they REALLY like the sport they'll buy something nice.

Don't hate the ride, don't hold a grudge.

Some people with nice bikes might just ride for fun and enjoy the riding at a lower volume.

Some will kick ass & ride the bike to it's limits.

But a great rider on an old beater will always beat an average rider on a top end rig.

Not going to lie, I check out EVERYONE'S bikes, some are NICE! Some Aren't. I judge the bike, not the rider for riding it. It's the rider on the trails that makes all the difference. If a guy on an expensive new rig isn't super fast, it's all good. IF the rider on the crappy bikes kicks ass on the trail, mad respect.

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
FabianJ wrote:
My view is that you seem to have a problem with other people having more expensive bikes than you.
Far from it . if I can build a really good spec climbing /downhill package for a really good price , why would I care if someone has a more expensive bike than me? As we all know it's all about performance . Performance and high price don't have to go hand in hand. If you look hard enough you can find new high spec parts at good prices . So don't judge others by yourself .

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
Rusko187 wrote:
You'll find that is probably just human nature, coming from a BMX background you used to get this at the skate park all the time but you'll see the really good riders never actually cared.
Yes it's that mentality, the gangs what take the piss out of others that I don't like. I'm the type of person that does what I want , dont care what people think of me. When I ride with the crew we don't take the piss out of people on cheap or expensive bikes, we do our own thing. So it don't need to be human nature. That's just an excuse for Muppets.

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
I hate the people (usually younger riders) who have a piece of shit bike, act like they know everything, and give you shit about how their walmart bike is better then yours just because they have disk brakes and you dont. hell i dont event want disk brakes. anyway its the rider not the bike that is good. my 12 year old son could beat any one of those a*sholes on any bike you give him no matter what bike they have.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013794
Mobile Version of Website