Yt tues size

PB Forum :: Downhill
Yt tues size
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
Hi am considering buying a new yt tues and am just wondering how they size up. I am about 5ft 10 so I should be a medium according to there websight but have heard these bikes come up very small.
So I am wondering if a large would be a better fit. Anyone able to point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
Are you looking for CF ar AL version? because the AL M is shorter than CF M and same goes for L.

Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 11:31 Quote
Hi I am looking at the cf version cheers

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 23:16 Quote
Im 6ft 4 and have just bought a cf large. Its a perfect fit for me. Everyone said it would b too small but coming off a large tr450 to a large yt tues cf the tues is much bigger. The guy i bout it off was 5 10 amd bpught the large to have a more stable wheelbase for racing world cups. He put a shorter stem on it and saod it was a little on the big side. I guess it depends on what type of riding you will b doing

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
Cheers for the replys. Gonna put my trust in yt and go for the medium. Been on a few medium sized 650b downhill bikes and they all felt pretty similar in size so hopefully the Tues will be right for me.

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 23:19 Quote
I'm 5'10" on a large, could easily ride a longer bike too.

I'll be buying a new Tues this Summer and it'll be a large or extra large.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 5:04 Quote
jimferno wrote:
I'm 5'10" on a large, could easily ride a longer bike too.

I'll be buying a new Tues this Summer and it'll be a large or extra large.
thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity what other downhill bikes have you ridden and how does the yt compare to them with regards to sizing. Just noticed yt have changed there sizing guide and now I sit between the medium and the large. Cheers

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 8:49 Quote
I had a medium 2012 Demo which I felt was too short and a size L Scott Voltage FR before that which was way too short.

I specifically wanted a longer bike coming off the medium Demo and the Tues fit the bill but it doesn't feel like a significantly bigger bike. I feel like I could ride an even longer bike.

I'm considering a Large Canyon Sender or a L/XL Tues next. The L Sender has a 460mm reach and the XL Tues has a 470mm reach IIRC.

YT bikes aren't particularly big.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
Cheers for the reply. Canyon is another bike Am tempted by. It's a hard choice. Looking at the reach on the large Tues it's only slightly longer then my medium reign which would suit me. It's looking like large might be the answer.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
When considering sizes, and being unable to test ride, always compare your choices against what you currently know/ride.

I'm not tall so didn't want a longer seat tube but I wanted a slightly longer chainstay and reach measurement. I knew I definitley didn't want to go smaller so arrived at a Large Tues.

Could definitley go bigger though too.

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Cheers for the reply. Canyon is another bike Am tempted by. It's a hard choice. Looking at the reach on the large Tues it's only slightly longer then my medium reign which would suit me. It's looking like large might be the answer.

What did you for in the end? How it rides?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
Hi Guys,

I'm 6"2 and torn between buying a Tues XL and XXL.

Anyone my height with an XL or XXL?

Bought a 2017 Capra in Large and it is on the small side so not wanting to repeat the same mistake.

Cheers.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
XL for tricks, XXL for speed.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013883
Mobile Version of Website