Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
Having a Giant trance in 2017 good?

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 2:54 Quote
DhHarryJamesDh wrote:

For?
Everyday trail riding? DH? Road?

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 5:48 Quote
I've got a 2015 trance 2 and I love the thing for all mountain / trail riding. Climbs and descends well, from what I've read on the newer trance's they'd be even better for the same style. If you're looking for cross country or all downhill you might be better off looking at some other options.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
I own one. An xc race bike it is not, but it is still very capable. I live in the plains of the Midwest where we have no dh to speak of but the occasional jump line in the middle of an xc trail. It's a ton of fun on the downs and plenty capable on the climbs (it actually climbs better than my old xc race bike) but if you're looking to race xc go with something more effecient. Same goes if you want a bike park bike.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
DhHarryJamesDh wrote:
Do you mean the 2017 model Trance?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
pegie wrote:
DhHarryJamesDh wrote:

For?
Everyday trail riding? DH? Road?

Freeride, trail.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
brianl wrote:
DhHarryJamesDh wrote:
Do you mean the 2017 model Trance?

I have a 2014 giant trance 4

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 12:16 Quote
Anybody around 6'2" /187cms? I'm looking for a new Trance and I'm scared about sizing...I suppose I'm an L, but I've already bought a too small canyon one and I ended up riding long stems which was a *******. Thanks a lot and happy riding!

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
I felt the trance sizing was a bit weird im 6'1 and i got a medium. This is because to me it felt a lot more controllable but i would get a test ride if you can as it suggested i got a large but it felt quite odd

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
danigregorio wrote:
Anybody around 6'2" /187cms? I'm looking for a new Trance and I'm scared about sizing...I suppose I'm an L, but I've already bought a too small canyon one and I ended up riding long stems which was a *******. Thanks a lot and happy riding!

i'm about the same size (6' 1.5") and i'm on a XL 2016 trance. i test rode the Large but it just felt too cramped, the guy at the shop agreed that i looked cramped, i also have a 6' 4" wingspan. My XL was probably a touch to big but it came with a 90mm stem (wtf giant) so i swapped that out for a 50mm stem and now it feels great. I can't image riding a medium like the guy above me.

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
arrowheadrush wrote:
danigregorio wrote:

i'm about the same size (6' 1.5") and i'm on a XL 2016 trance. i test rode the Large but it just felt too cramped, the guy at the shop agreed that i looked cramped, i also have a 6' 4" wingspan. My XL was probably a touch to big but it came with a 90mm stem (wtf giant) so i swapped that out for a 50mm stem and now it feels great. I can't image riding a medium like the guy above me.
tbh i think its more of what your preference is because i only got my recently but after today having finally taken it out on some jumpy trails i felt in more control as said but that is mainly because i just prefer it but on the website for your height it says you should have a large so im guessing you do more xc as bigger bikes are usually more comfotable for it. But if your doing xc i would go as the other guy did and go for an xl or l but if your doing more dh trails i would think of getting a medium

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 13:54 Quote
also for freeride the bike feels gret but some things you will need to change on it for definite is the handlebars the stem and the tyres as they arent really suited to faster riding but i go to a trail called chicksands and it feels great on the jumps i can make all of them there nicely only problem i have is the fact that the rear shock isnt the best as it might just be the fact i got a dodgy shock but for my weight i should be running around 120psi but right now i have around 250psi so obviously something is wrong there as the max for the shock is 300 and im still bottoming out but it feels great

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
Thank you very much guys!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012493
Mobile Version of Website