Frames other than the Nukeproof Scout that have these things?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Frames other than the Nukeproof Scout that have these things?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 14:57 Quote
I am a regular visitor to Pinkbike, but this is my first time posting.

The situation: I have accumulated enough extra parts to build a complete bike, except for the frame, fork, and one or two other things. I would like to build something up and then most likely sell it, as a relatively easy way to clear out all of my extra parts all at once. Plus, there would be the fun of building up another bike. And if I don't end up selling it, it could become an extra/spare bike and be more useful than the pile of parts is now.

Since I already have the parts, I'm looking for a few specific things in a frame:

- 650B
- 142 x 12mm rear axle
- 31.6mm seatpost
- Accommodates internal dropper post routing
- Threaded BB

I've been concentrating on hardtails, to keep costs in check. I don't really want to spend more than $300 - $500 on a frame, because I will also need to buy a fork. After several hours of searching, I have only come up with the 2016/2017 Nukeproof Scout. I would definitely consider buying used, but I'm not sure what the odds are that I will find something that ticks all the boxes. I also want to stay away from really cheap, no-name brands because resale is the main reason for this whole project.

Are there any other frames to consider? I would be a little surprised if there is only one frame with these specs, although I have lived almost 100% in the full suspension world for a while now and haven't kept up with all the hardtail happenings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 12:54 Quote
Hi ON ONE have a newish hardtail with 650b, 142x12, threaded BB, not sure if it has internal dropper or not. It's cromo. They've been selling them fairly cheap,they are only 1x compatible but should help if you sell it. I think it's worth a look. I've got a ON ONE 456evo11 , basically a older version with 26" wheels, qr9mm,135, and a IN ONE codiene650b . ON ONE have shops in US. Almost forgot they've been selling Fox factory 34 ctd/FIT4 2015 Year but 2016 model as complete upgrade to fit4 for £300 , they're green but doesn't affect their performance ????

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
Thanks, I was not aware of ON ONE. Although when I looked on their website, I didn't see any hardtail frames that were 142x12.

I also found the DMR Trailstar, which appears to have everything I need, and that is a steel frame too. Between that and the Nukeproof, those might be the only real options. If that's the case, I basically just have to decide steel or aluminum.

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
[Quote="lj17"]Thanks, I was not aware of ON ONE. Although when I looked on their website, I didn't see any hardtail frames that were 142x12.

I also found the DMR Trailstar, which appears to have everything I need, and that is a steel frame too. Between that and the Nukeproof, those might be the only real options. If that's the case, I basically just have to decide steel or aluminum.[/Quozte. DEFINITELY STEEL , WITHOUT A DOUBT. But you need to look harder on ON ONE site as I know their new hardtail , which is steel has 142x12. Otherwise it would just be another evo of the 456. And I bet the frame is cheaper than the others ,

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
[Quote="mb49"]
lj17 wrote:
Thanks, I was not aware of ON ONE. Although when I looked on their website, I didn't see any hardtail frames that were 142x12.

I also found the DMR Trailstar, which appears to have everything I need, and that is a steel frame too. Between that and the Nukeproof, those might be the only real options. If that's the case, I basically just have to decide steel or aluminum.[/Quozte. DEFINITELY STEEL , WITHOUT A DOUBT. But you need to look harder on ON ONE site as I know their new hardtail , which is steel has 142x12. Otherwise it would just be another evo of the 456. And I bet the frame is cheaper than the others ,
Just looked on ON ONE site, it's called a deedar and it definitely has 12x142, and it's only £250.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 18:05 Quote
Thanks, I do see the deedar now... when I looked earlier I was looking under the Frames section and didn't see it. When looking in the complete bikes section it is there, with a frame only option. The price of the On One is very attractive, and it looks like a nice frame.

I also found several Orange frames that I thought might work, but none of them had a 31.6mm seatpost, and since I already have a 31.6 dropper, I really want to find a frame to match. I also found the Transition Trans AM. Looks like it was discontinued after 2016, and I'm still trying to confirm the seatpost diameter.

If nothing else comes along, I may end up going with the On One. The only (minor) thing I don't care for is that the internal routing for the dropper post enters the top of the downtube on the LEFT side. I would mount my dropper lever on the left side, so I would prefer to have the cable enter the RIGHT side of the downtube. But I could definitely live with that for the price of the frame.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
Hi. Only things I would say if you go with the ON ONE is probably best to call them before ordering online and ask them to check frame for defects before despatching ( they can do it) as always a very slight chance of a lemon as with other brands, but could save you a lot of hassle, also as with all mtbs but especially ON ONES heli tape or other frame protection is a must.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010754
Mobile Version of Website