Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Hello,

Any Foxy Carbon 29 owners here?

I am looking for Foxy Carbon RR 29, but its in size L, i am 176cm tall. 176 is betweet M and L, more like M.

What you think?

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
I don’t suppose anybody knows what axle I need for a 2016 Dune RR aluminium frame do they? Bought one a while back with no axle and fancy getting it ready to be built.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:
I don’t suppose anybody knows what axle I need for a 2016 Dune RR aluminium frame do they? Bought one a while back with no axle and fancy getting it ready to be built.

I buy all my mondraker parts form these guys: CycleProgressionATX. That is their user name on pinkbike. They are an actual bike store in Texas (same name). When I order mondraker parts from them they drop ship it to me so I get the parts quickly. Look them up on google and give them a call. They would be able to figure out what part you need. I pay them through PayPal. Prices are good too

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
PtDiddy wrote:
pimpin-gimp wrote:

I buy all my mondraker parts form these guys: CycleProgressionATX. That is their user name on pinkbike. They are an actual bike store in Texas (same name). When I order mondraker parts from them they drop ship it to me so I get the parts quickly. Look them up on google and give them a call. They would be able to figure out what part you need. I pay them through PayPal. Prices are good too

Cheers diddy.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
Enjoying reading through this thread as I consider a new old stock 2017 Foxy XR 27.5 in size Small. Does anyone have any insight as to how wide of a tire I can expect to fit on the 2017 aluminum frameset? I've located a 2017 Foxy XR for $2,100 and a Craft R+ for $1,800. Kinda hard not to try the Mondraker bikes a try at these price points. I'm a little concerned about the long reach, but it seem most find it manageable if that's what they're looking for. Appreciate the feedback.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
Texicans wrote:
Enjoying reading through this thread as I consider a new old stock 2017 Foxy XR 27.5 in size Small. Does anyone have any insight as to how wide of a tire I can expect to fit on the 2017 aluminum frameset? I've located a 2017 Foxy XR for $2,100 and a Craft R+ for $1,800. Kinda hard not to try the Mondraker bikes a try at these price points. I'm a little concerned about the long reach, but it seem most find it manageable if that's what they're looking for. Appreciate the feedback.

I have a 2018 alloy mondraker, which is the same frame. It can fit 2.6 tires on it. I tried wtb 2.8 rangers on mine and it fit but the clearance was just a few millimeters. The rangers are not a very knobby tire. So 2.8 tires like minions wouldn’t fit at all. Plus your stock intern rim width is 27mm, which I think is more ideal for 2.6 tires, vs 2.8s.

So the short answer is 2.6 tires.

I usually get bored of a bike quickly but I still love my foxy after many months and miles on it. The geo and suspension are fantastic.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
PtDiddy wrote:
Texicans wrote:

I have a 2018 alloy mondraker, which is the same frame. It can fit 2.6 tires on it. I tried wtb 2.8 rangers on mine and it fit but the clearance was just a few millimeters. The rangers are not a very knobby tire. So 2.8 tires like minions wouldn’t fit at all. Plus your stock intern rim width is 27mm, which I think is more ideal for 2.6 tires, vs 2.8s.

So the short answer is 2.6 tires.

I usually get bored of a bike quickly but I still love my foxy after many months and miles on it. The geo and suspension are fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to pull the trigger this week on the Foxy XR. I will test a couple of bikes, but I think I like all the feedback I'm reading. I'm not reading about anyone's alloy frame giving up the ghost or suspension linkage cratering. These frames seem to be well made, as would be expected.

Any feel for how whether the getting the long wheel base in the air is overly difficult? Cheers!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
I have a 2018 Al. Dune
I have just noticed that the GX eagle rear derailleur is limited to the second lowest gear, and if you try and change it jambs on the frame.
the problem seems to be the hanger, with a 6mm recess for the axle to sit in, if it was 3mm it would be fine.

...... just wondering if anyone has had the same issue??

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
Is it anything to do with boost? That’s a 3mm adjustment on each side.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
Hi all,

I have my Mondraker Foxy RR Carbon 29 for sale on Pinkbike. It’s a full custom build with even the fork upgraded to a 36 GRIP2. It also comes with a spare set of DT Swiss wheels which are in excellent condition if the buyer would like those included.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I have just dropped the price:

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2578130/

Cheers,
Lewis

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Hi all I’m trying to find some info on my head tube on my 2015 summum, I need to change the lower headset cup so I can run a 1 1/8th steerer, currently tapered and unsure on which cup is in there, would the hope pick n mix ( type D step down) cup fit the insertion depth of my head tube

Here the the link
http://https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Hope-Pick-N-Mix-Bottom-Cup_51981.htm?sku=142216&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjMfoBRDDARIsAMUjNZoNduBYt8dpCLVd8BonGOEndrEcQDcd92lh3K_XHLtEeO3wMvqz68saAsbcEALw_wcB#

Any help is welcome
Many thanks

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
BennoV wrote:
I have a 2018 Al. Dune
I have just noticed that the GX eagle rear derailleur is limited to the second lowest gear, and if you try and change it jambs on the frame.
the problem seems to be the hanger, with a 6mm recess for the axle to sit in, if it was 3mm it would be fine.

...... just wondering if anyone has had the same issue??

My al foxy had the same issue after I bent my hanger. It worked perfectly at first then I couldn’t figure out why it started hitting the frame like yours. I replaced the hanger and it was fine again. There isn’t much room for error. To be honest I’m sticking with 1x10 in the future. Tired of the right tolerances of the 12speed.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Hi all I’m trying to find some info on my head tube on my 2015 summum, I need to change the lower headset cup so I can run a 1 1/8th steerer, currently tapered and unsure on which cup is in there, would the hope pick n mix ( type D step down) cup fit the insertion depth of my head tube

Here the the link
http://https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Hope-Pick-N-Mix-Bottom-Cup_51981.htm?sku=142216&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjMfoBRDDARIsAMUjNZoNduBYt8dpCLVd8BonGOEndrEcQDcd92lh3K_XHLtEeO3wMvqz68saAsbcEALw_wcB#

Any help is welcome
Many thanks

Hi

Alloy Summum? If my memory serves me right, top and bottom headtube diameter is 56mm. ZS 56 / 30

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
Hendrikkk wrote:
Hello,

Any Foxy Carbon 29 owners here?

I am looking for Foxy Carbon RR 29, but its in size L, i am 176cm tall. 176 is betweet M and L, more like M.

What you think?

Hi

From your current bike or the bike which u like riding the most, measure the TT, Reach,Stack and your inseam.
1.76m sits on end M to early L.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
SvSake wrote:
Hi guys,

i'm about to purchase a Dune XR frame with the DHX shock.
In specifactions its size is 215x63,5. Is a 216x63 shock mountable as well?

Hi

It's in imperial, 8.5 x 2.5 inches = 2.159 x 6.35 cm

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015574
Mobile Version of Website