Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Owenscott wrote:
Ive got a foxy r 2017 al does anyone know if you can fit a coil shock to tge bike rather than an air shock.

Hi

Sadly no. Only the 2019 models. Technically u can fit it. Fox DHX2 with SLS coil. The piggy reservoir is small enuf to NOT HIT the downtube. The coil however, might rub against the sides.
U can fit a Fox DPX2 tho, just adjust the volume spacers to your liking. The angled protuded preload valve stem however may hit the side upon full compression.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
PtDiddy wrote:
EnigmaL1T0 wrote:
PtDiddy wrote:

Have you tried putting a little thread lock on it?

Not yet, well if i put some thread lock I probably wouldn’t be able to get the darn thing out when my rear punctures ????

As long as you use blue thread lock you would be fine. Blue thread lock is designed to hold threads tight but allow the bolt to unscrew. You only need one drop to do the job. A lot of bolts on your bike use thread lock. Just not red thread lock. That’s the permanent lock.

Hi

You can use the FOXY CARBON 2019 axle. Podium Carbon 2018/19 as well but it has a centre tapered section which may not be stiff enuf. Since it is tightened by allen key. MRP makes replacement axles. Just need the dimensions.
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Mondraker-Boost-148mm-x-12mm-Rear-Axle_214171.htm

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Hi all I’m trying to find some info on my head tube on my 2015 summum, I need to change the lower headset cup so I can run a 1 1/8th steerer, currently tapered and unsure on which cup is in there, would the hope pick n mix ( type D step down) cup fit the insertion depth of my head tube

Here the the link
http://https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Hope-Pick-N-Mix-Bottom-Cup_51981.htm?sku=142216&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjMfoBRDDARIsAMUjNZoNduBYt8dpCLVd8BonGOEndrEcQDcd92lh3K_XHLtEeO3wMvqz68saAsbcEALw_wcB#

Any help is welcome
Many thanks

Hi

Alloy Summum? If my memory serves me right, top and bottom headtube diameter is 56mm. ZS 56 / 30

Thank you yes I found out in the end but removed my cups and measuring it, I needed a 56/28.6-56/30 which turns out are really hard to get here in the uk

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Hi all

Has anyone gone mullet on a dune yet? I have the 2016/17 xr carbon and currently running a 180mm fork. Thinking of trying a 170mm 29 up front. But not sure if this would make it too slack?
I ditched the adjustable headset so cant change the head angle.

Mick

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
Dojoh wrote:
Hi all

Has anyone gone mullet on a dune yet? I have the 2016/17 xr carbon and currently running a 180mm fork. Thinking of trying a 170mm 29 up front. But not sure if this would make it too slack?
I ditched the adjustable headset so cant change the head angle.

Mick

Recently mullet-ed my dune R alloy 2018. it's 170 lyrik up-front. It feels really spot on for me. I dont feel it too slack, just add confidence on the descent

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
pecelpincuk wrote:

Recently mullet-ed my dune R alloy 2018. it's 170 lyrik up-front. It feels really spot on for me. I dont feel it too slack, just add confidence on the descent

I came to this thread looking for this exact thing! I think I'm going to mullet my 2017 Dune alloy. What offset fork did you use?

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
M3TAL wrote:
pecelpincuk wrote:

I came to this thread looking for this exact thing! I think I'm going to mullet my 2017 Dune alloy. What offset fork did you use?

If i'm not mistaken, it's the 42mm offset

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
I've gone and done it as well. I'll get some pictures up once I have the new brakes sorted. Smile
Only had one ride so far but felt spot on.
What tyre and width you running up front?

Mick

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
Dojoh wrote:
I've gone and done it as well. I'll get some pictures up once I have the new brakes sorted. Smile
Only had one ride so far but felt spot on.
What tyre and width you running up front?

Mick
Great! Glad to hear it. Mine is assegai 29x2.5 up front

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:36 Quote
Hi guys,

Tried the mulet on my Dune RR Carbon (size L) and it feels amazing!
First it tried a Yari with 160mm/51mm offset and it was crazy fast in the downhill but too high to feel comfortable in the technical steep climbs.
With a Fox 36 150mm/44mm offset, it's stop on for me. Still awesome in the downhill: more grip, more confidence, faster on rough terrain, overall better cornering and faster and I don't loose too much in the climbs.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 2:37 Quote
Hi Guys, I've recently bought a 2019 foxy carbon 27.5 which which should hopefully be winging its way to me as we speak.

I'm looking to get invisiFRAME fitted asap to keep it looking pretty, however on their website they only have the 29er down as a 2019.

Can anyone confirm that the 2018 foxy carbon 27.5 and 2019 foxy carbon 27.5 are the same frame?

Cheers and happy riding

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 2:46 Quote
FoxyRicardo wrote:
Hi Guys, I've recently bought a 2019 foxy carbon 27.5 which which should hopefully be winging its way to me as we speak.

I'm looking to get invisiFRAME fitted asap to keep it looking pretty, however on their website they only have the 29er down as a 2019.

Can anyone confirm that the 2018 foxy carbon 27.5 and 2019 foxy carbon 27.5 are the same frame?

Cheers and happy riding

It's the same, I've fitted Invisiframe for Foxy Carbon 27.5 2018 on my 2019 frame

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 3:38 Quote
pufi wrote:
FoxyRicardo wrote:

Cheers and happy riding

It's the same, I've fitted Invisiframe for Foxy Carbon 27.5 2018 on my 2019 frame

Thanks!

Does the bike handling change much with the shorter chainstays and steeper head setup or not too noticable?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009581
Mobile Version of Website