Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
Does anyone have any ideas for the lower shock bolts on the 2019 Foxy. I’m now on my second set and it’s already getting scoring marks after 10 dry rides. Any help greatly appreciated

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 5:31 Quote
lostit wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for the lower shock bolts on the 2019 Foxy. I’m now on my second set and it’s already getting scoring marks after 10 dry rides. Any help greatly appreciated

Have you checked de state of the shock bushings, or if there is some kind of barb that could cause them either on the shock or on the link?

I have experienced minimal scuffing or lack of paint on the shock bolts on previous bikes and also seen them on other bikes but nothing I would bother as they are usually where the shock sits on the bolt it is the same thing that happens on the axles of some pedals that have bushings nothing that could compromise the integrity of the bolt.

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find these;

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/race-face-chester-crankset/

Knowhere seems to be selling them, any advice for replacement? Quite knew to this...

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
I am looking to get a coil for my 2019 foxy 29 carbon, but it’s proving difficult to find a coil in that size, 205 x 62.5mm. Does anyone know of the best place to find compatible sizes? Thanks, couldn’t be happier on my Mondraker!

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
on a 2018 dune al what coil shock are you running? amd does 2019 fox x2 fit? i heard they slimmed down

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Tougelude wrote:
on a 2018 dune al what coil shock are you running? amd does 2019 fox x2 fit? i heard they slimmed down

The Carbon XR model of the 2018 dune came with a coil X2 the specs sheet says that the shock lenght/travel is 215x63.5mm I don't think you would have any problem fitting a 216x63mm shock or a 215.9x63.5mm because of the imperial-metric conversion from 8.5x2.5" there´s a minimal variation if the decimals are rounded or not

Jaydenc wrote:
I am looking to get a coil for my 2019 foxy 29 carbon, but it’s proving difficult to find a coil in that size, 205 x 62.5mm. Does anyone know of the best place to find compatible sizes? Thanks, couldn’t be happier on my Mondraker!

First I would ask the shop where I purchased the bike from (here in spain the shop owner where I bought my bike from asked Mondraker for a Fox X2 for his bike and they found him one) and if they can't find you a shock and you also can't find any on the internet I would disassemble the shock and compress the suspension to the position where a 205x65mm shock would bottom out to check cleareance (maybe make a wooden fully compressed shock with 205-65=140mm eye to eye). Then depending if it clears or not would consider to buy a 205x60 wich will decrease a bit your rear travel or a 205x65 wich will give you a bit more travel.

The problem with modern metric shocks is the wide variety of types and sizes that exists and becasuse it is a fairly new standard could be difficult to find your size because there is not enough shock sizes in stock. I've checked Rockshox, Fox, canecreek and öhllins websites and the onlu one where I could find the 205x62.5 size on a coil shock was Rockshox. As a side note in the öhllins website there's an option to configure a shock to the bike and they recomended the 205x65 size.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 5:16 Quote
Looking to buy a Marzocchi Bomber CR for my 2015 Mondraker Dune. I weigh around 95kg with riding gear and am wondering which coil weight I need. Any tips or recommendations?

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
RaikJR wrote:
Looking to buy a Marzocchi Bomber CR for my 2015 Mondraker Dune. I weigh around 95kg with riding gear and am wondering which coil weight I need. Any tips or recommendations?

https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

It is fairly easy to use I used it to calculate my spring rates in the past. I selected my rate based on the closest exixting spring rate in between both sag settings because you can still preload the spring on the shock.

The shock travel is 63mm and the ZERO sistem is quite similar to a Vpp/4 bar so you have to look to that window.

Once calculated your spring you need a spring of XXXx2.5" (63mm=2.5 inches more or less) wich matches the shock travel.

With the info you give you would need a 500x2.5" but double check it before buying I would also consider getting in touch with either Marzocchi/Fox dealer or the suspension shop near you because they probably know the shock better than an internet calculator.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Hi all. Have had my Summum R now for around 6 months and loving it. First DH bike that actually fits and feels right (I’m 6ft 5). One or two things I may change over time but for now I’m just enjoying when I’m not out on the enduro.
photo

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
Kedlestone wrote:
Hi all. Have had my Summum R now for around 6 months and loving it. First DH bike that actually fits and feels right (I’m 6ft 5). One or two things I may change over time but for now I’m just enjoying when I’m not out on the enduro.
photo

have they changed any of the geo since the last ally mandraker? I've got a 2015 one, and looking at upgrading my frame, not sure what to yet, but I do love mandrakers
here's what im currently riding
Bikes

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Kedlestone wrote:
photo

have they changed any of the geo since the last ally mandraker? I've got a 2015 one, and looking at upgrading my frame, not sure what to yet, but I do love mandrakers
Bikes

Not sure on the geometry dimensions of the 2015 models. Best bet is to check their web site which has all the current geometry. Looks wise they are very similar.

You don’t happen to ride at Decend bike park? Pretty sure I saw a 2015 model whilst I was up there earlier in the year. Don’t see many about.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
Kedlestone wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Kedlestone wrote:
photo

Bikes

Not sure on the geometry dimensions of the 2015 models. Best bet is to check their web site which has all the current geometry. Looks wise they are very similar.

You don’t happen to ride at Decend bike park? Pretty sure I saw a 2015 model whilst I was up there earlier in the year. Don’t see many about.

yeah Ill check it at some point, no I don't, I would like to go at some point along with dyfi

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
Hi all

I'm almost a Mondraker owner but struggling to get some test rides with all this covid shiz going on so after some info from you guys please.

I've ridden a Superfoxy R and it was epic, magic carpet down some of the roughest descents our fabulous Lake district has to offer! I'm yet to try a Foxy and the RR really has taken my eye big time! Have any of you ridden them both back to back and can offer a comparison?

My idea would be to fit the slacker headset into the RR bringing it to 65 HA and other than that its pretty similar geo anyway(slightly shorter WB and lower BB)

Component wise they are also very similar, main difference being the bigger Float X2 on the Superfoxy vs DPX2 on the Foxy.....I'm a coil rider usually and the X2 blew me away on the test ride, is it much better than the DPX2 or can I expect similar performance.

I know its horses for courses and all, but just looking for some real world rider feedback if poss.

Cheers peeps, appreciate your help

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Kedlestone wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:

Bikes

yeah Ill check it at some point, no I don't, I would like to go at some point along with dyfi

Dyfi is high on my list also along with Fort William.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
Hi guys.

Just wondering, I own a Foxy 2016, and want to upgrade my rear fox dps shock.

What shocks can I look for? the size of my dps is 200mmX57mm.

Thank you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019487
Mobile Version of Website