Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
hi guys, i own a foxy r carbon 29 from 2019, an i was wondering if you guys now if i can fit a 205 x 65mm rear shock. have a great deal on the hand.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
Loxis wrote:
hi guys, i own a foxy r carbon 29 from 2019, an i was wondering if you guys now if i can fit a 205 x 65mm rear shock. have a great deal on the hand.

I am running a 205 x 65 in my 2019 Foxy Carbon 29 XR without any issue. There's plenty of clearance between the tyre and the seat tube at full compression but the plastic fender does just slightly touch so you may want to give that a trim.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 10:46 Quote

Just got my first Mondraker built up

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:

Just got my first Mondraker built up

I much prefer this frame to my 2019/2020. Think it’s the straight top tube.

Nice rig!

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 3:43 Quote
Morning all,

Due to pick up a 2016 Mondraker Dune XR frame soon.

A few questions if anyone has experience. The current owner is keeping the Float X2 that is currently fitted on the frame. He is upgrading from a large to extra large and the shock is setup for him. The shock he is taking from the extra large is a Rockshox Monarch RCT3 which came on the 2016 R I believe. How do these do on these frames?

Everything I have read has suggested these frame have a very linear suspension curve meaning a shock with ramp up is important. With that, I know Monarchs have little mid stroke support. I know you can add bottom out spacers but I don't want to make it overly progressive at the end.

Has anyone ever fitted a DVO Topaz to their Dune? I had one on my YT, very tuneable and balanced shock in terms of damping and making it more linear/progressive so it's something I would like to look into.

Also, does anyone know the length and thread pitch of the stock DT Swiss rear axle? I plan to run an non quick release one but can't find what thread pitch or length it is. I've seen a few people ask and not get a reply but thought I'd try again.

The plan is 170mm 2018 Lyriks, Burgtec Bars, very short stem, 170mm Reverb, Hope Fortus 30 wheels, Sram GX drivetrain with Raceface Aeffect R cranks. Looking forward to building it up. Photo is of the complete bike as the previous owner has it built up.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Mondraker Dune XR not my bike but due to buy the frame.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Anyone got time on a Foxy rr? Considering for my next bike but worried about conservative geo.

I’m mostly riding steep/rough natural single track, coming off a Mega 275 but ride my 29er HT more often which is pretty aggressive 63.5ha and 1280ish wheelbase.

Foxy RR is a wildcard for me, also thinking of more familiar Trek Slash or Transition Sentinal

NB, I’ll be installing -1degree headset if I go for a foxy

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
Hi there
Im planning to buy my first mondraker summum from 2018, and my question is does MDK Disc Pro DH hubs are loud ? im asking cos i like loud hubs heh Razz or they seems to be quiet ?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
I recently purchased the Dusk RR. Does anyone know if there is a chain guide that fits this model? If so, where can I find it?

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Anyone got time on a Foxy rr? Considering for my next bike but worried about conservative geo.

I’m mostly riding steep/rough natural single track, coming off a Mega 275 but ride my 29er HT more often which is pretty aggressive 63.5ha and 1280ish wheelbase.

Foxy RR is a wildcard for me, also thinking of more familiar Trek Slash or Transition Sentinal

NB, I’ll be installing -1degree headset if I go for a foxy

I have a 2019 Foxy Carbon 29 XR which for me at the time of buying was based on trying to get a medium frame with 470mm reach and a good deal, which I got. You're right the geo is a touch conservative, I put the -1deg headset cup, that comes with the frame, in straight away and while the bb was a touch high it worked for me in all the steepest places I could find but maybe could have been a bit more stable at speed.

This year I've added and EXT shock, fork and for and gone to a -2deg works components headset. Fork a couple months ago and shock/headset last week. It's definitely feeling more stable but I'll have it at Bike Park Wales this weekend and get a better idea about that.

With the Foxy 29 I think it falls more on the trail side of enduro rather than the dh side. Meaning, still deals with tight corners and switchbacks well, suspension climbs and pumps well without feeling mushy, it will plow but others do it better. Also It is a LIGHT bike. I know this is mostly due to build but in comparison to many of my friends similar bikes it's the lightest. My one niggle, other than the slight cracking in the drive side chain stay that has been warrantied, is that the bike collects all kids of mud and rock in front of and below the lower rocker link, so keeping that area clean and dry is a challenge, especially here in the UK. Also make sure there's enough seatpost insertion for you!

The final thing, which is 100% vanity is that the frame is dead sexy, that straight line from the top tube through the seat stay never gets boring to look at.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
Oregon29 wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Anyone got time on a Foxy rr? Considering for my next bike but worried about conservative geo.

I’m mostly riding steep/rough natural single track, coming off a Mega 275 but ride my 29er HT more often which is pretty aggressive 63.5ha and 1280ish wheelbase.

Foxy RR is a wildcard for me, also thinking of more familiar Trek Slash or Transition Sentinal

NB, I’ll be installing -1degree headset if I go for a foxy

I have a 2019 Foxy Carbon 29 XR which for me at the time of buying was based on trying to get a medium frame with 470mm reach and a good deal, which I got. You're right the geo is a touch conservative, I put the -1deg headset cup, that comes with the frame, in straight away and while the bb was a touch high it worked for me in all the steepest places I could find but maybe could have been a bit more stable at speed.

This year I've added and EXT shock, fork and for and gone to a -2deg works components headset. Fork a couple months ago and shock/headset last week. It's definitely feeling more stable but I'll have it at Bike Park Wales this weekend and get a better idea about that.

With the Foxy 29 I think it falls more on the trail side of enduro rather than the dh side. Meaning, still deals with tight corners and switchbacks well, suspension climbs and pumps well without feeling mushy, it will plow but others do it better. Also It is a LIGHT bike. I know this is mostly due to build but in comparison to many of my friends similar bikes it's the lightest. My one niggle, other than the slight cracking in the drive side chain stay that has been warrantied, is that the bike collects all kids of mud and rock in front of and below the lower rocker link, so keeping that area clean and dry is a challenge, especially here in the UK. Also make sure there's enough seatpost insertion for you!

The final thing, which is 100% vanity is that the frame is dead sexy, that straight line from the top tube through the seat stay never gets boring to look at.

Awesome thanks pal

Keen to hear how you get on this weekend after BPW.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
Hi everyone, I've just bought a large 2021 Summum 2021 (alloy) and wondering about a couple of things. I'm currently riding a large 27.5 Summum carbon.

The bike is coming with a 10mm renthal bar, Fox drop crown (15mm?) & the Mond 25/30mm stem. I see the bike is normally with a 30mm bar and flat crown, has anyone experiemented with the cockpit height and found a sweet spot? For info I'm 182cm and I ran a 40mm bar on the 27.5 and and 10mm mond stem.

I'm also curious about changing both 200mm rotors to 220mm. It has the saint 4 pots. I am just thinking this would give me a closer braking performance vs my 27.5, plus reduce the changes of cooking rotors/pads. Has anyone tried? Do they even fit on the frame?

Any other little setup tips, parts to immediately swap or something to be careful of with maintenance/area to protect?

Thanks! Looking forward to getting my new ride

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
I'm 175cm on 2021 rr mx L
Still working on the reach and stem. Started with the stockl setup of the 30mm stem and flat mount. even with a few riser spacers I couldn't adjust the air pressure in the fork without removing the bar. Had 50mm deity stem laying around been running that, and have a 40mm stem on the way to try out. will report back after riding.

The larger rotors shouldn't be a problem just need some caliper risers and hardware.

I've cleare bra'd the whole frame. I doubled up on the downtube to protect from more rock strikes. I've also added mastic tape on the front of the chain stay in between the chain slap protector and the chain ring. the chain will contact there and rattle/chip.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Eyup chaps.
Quick question....
Got a 2019 Foxy alloy 27.5 with 160mm Pikes fitted. Any reason why I couldn't fit 170mm Lyriks?
Anyone else done it?
I know the geometry will change slightly and I'm OK with that. Thinking more about extra leverage and any extra stress on the frame.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
Anyone know of any custom links for Mondraker? or have experience with swapping rear triangles?

I have an 18’ Foxy XR Carbon and would like to switch to 29” wheels. The frame can fit some 27.5x2.6” may try to fit 29x2.3” out back

Posted: 14 hours ago Quote
Hello everyone,
I have a mondraker super foxy with fox dpx2. I want to raplace air shock for coil. Does anyone have a rock shox superdeluxe ultimate coil in mondraker superfoxy? I wonder if it would be a good change. Which tune of superdeluxe
should I choose?
My weight is about 70kg.

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007829
Mobile Version of Website