Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
Hey All - I recently broke the seat stay of my 2019 Foxy R. This is the second seat stay I have broken on this bike. The drive side seatstay broke over a year ago, and I opted for a carbon repair. I'm not the original owner so the warranty does not apply to me. I am wary of getting this rear triangle repaired for a 2nd time, or buying a new Foxy frame given the issues with this one.

Questions for other owners:
Has anyone been sold a crash replacement rear triangle from a dealer? I've been talking with ZeitBikes about a potential replacement but they have not been very helpful.

Has anyone broke a seat stay like this? They look like they are designed to flex and both breaks have been similar stress fracture style cracks.

photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
tporterhouse wrote:
Hey All - I recently broke the seat stay of my 2019 Foxy R. This is the second seat stay I have broken on this bike. The drive side seatstay broke over a year ago, and I opted for a carbon repair. I'm not the original owner so the warranty does not apply to me. I am wary of getting this rear triangle repaired for a 2nd time, or buying a new Foxy frame given the issues with this one.

Has anyone been sold a crash replacement rear triangle from a dealer? I've been talking with ZeitBikes about a potential replacement but they have not been very helpful.

Has anyone broke a seat stay like this? They look like they are designed to flex and both breaks have been similar stress fracture style cracks.

photo

That sucks, are you 100% sure Mondraker won't cover the frame just because your not the original owner ? Thats bad business IMO. In my experience buying used vehicles the manufacture warranty always applied regardless. As much as these emtb cost Mondraker should stand behind there product. I own a 2022 Crafty R & surprised Mondraker isn't covering that. My wife just bought a used Giant Stance & we've been told by the LBS the warranty is still in place.
Good Luck with getting it fixed

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
Just put a -1 degree angled headset on my bike. Now it's 64.5 hta. Loving it even more. So fast through the rough and very stable at high speed.

photo

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
2link2 wrote:
tporterhouse wrote:

That sucks, are you 100% sure Mondraker won't cover the frame just because your not the original owner ? Thats bad business IMO. In my experience buying used vehicles the manufacture warranty always applied regardless. As much as these emtb cost Mondraker should stand behind there product. I own a 2022 Crafty R & surprised Mondraker isn't covering that. My wife just bought a used Giant Stance & we've been told by the LBS the warranty is still in place.

The warranty is non transferable, according to Mondraker's website

I'd encourage you to contact with mondraker directly or through a bike shop that retails mondraker bikes they usually have spare parts for their frames and ordering just the rear triangle would be cheaper than sorting a new frame Big Grin

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
monbreaker wrote:
Just put a -1 degree angled headset on my bike. Now it's 64.5 hta. Loving it even more. So fast through the rough and very stable at high speed.

Great mod! I installed a -2º headset about a month ago alongside a 170 airschaft with Vorsprung's Luftkappe on the 36 and it is the best mod I've done to the bike yet. Overall geometry remains the same but the HTA has gone from 66 to 63.6!

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
Anyone know a rear mudguard that fit a foxy r 2022 ?

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
monbreaker wrote:

Great mod! I installed a -2º headset about a month ago alongside a 170 airschaft with Vorsprung's Luftkappe on the 36 and it is the best mod I've done to the bike yet. Overall geometry remains the same but the HTA has gone from 66 to 63.6!

That's slack! Yeah, I like it very much. It incredibly stable and fast. The long wheelbase and low BB makes it great in turns, especially the open ones where one can keep the speed. And it is always easy to balance even when it start slipping. What tyres are you running? I'm using Magic Mary up front and High Roller om the rear

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 14:29 Quote
Bobokrull wrote:

Nope, but with a bit of moding a Mudhugger does the trick. I've even used some inner tube to protect the shock and lower linkage. Really helps to keep the mud away

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
2link2 wrote:
tporterhouse wrote:

The warranty is non transferable, according to Mondraker's website

I'd encourage you to contact with mondraker directly or through a bike shop that retails mondraker bikes they usually have spare parts for their frames and ordering just the rear triangle would be cheaper than sorting a new frame Big Grin

I tried reaching out to Mondraker and their customer support sent me a link to a "Find My Local Dealer" page and told me they do not interface with customers directly. Real bummer. The lone US distributor hasn't helped either. Their service has been poor and hasn't given me any information on the purchasing a new rear triangle.I hate to say it but I'm going to go the new frame route and it's not going to be a mondraker

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 2:09 Quote
Bobokrull wrote:
I have a cutted tube covering the rear of the shock schaft strapped with a ziptie to protect the shock from mud and debris. On the alloy frame I'm not running a rear fender due to the already tight cleareance.

monbreaker wrote:
That's slack! Yeah, I like it very much. It incredibly stable and fast. The long wheelbase and low BB makes it great in turns, especially the open ones where one can keep the speed. And it is always easy to balance even when it start slipping. What tyres are you running? I'm using Magic Mary up front and High Roller om the rear
Currently I'm running Specialized Butcher T9 soil searching edition 2.3 front and rear. They are fairly square and grippy they work really good but I'd like to give the Magic Marys, Michelin and the new Continentals a try.

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
Bobokrull wrote:
I have a cutted tube covering the rear of the shock schaft strapped with a ziptie to protect the shock from mud and debris. On the alloy frame I'm not running a rear fender due to the already tight cleareance.

monbreaker wrote:
Currently I'm running Specialized Butcher T9 soil searching edition 2.3 front and rear. They are fairly square and grippy they work really good but I'd like to give the Magic Marys, Michelin and the new Continentals a try.

monbreaker wrote:
Bobokrull wrote:

Nope, but with a bit of moding a Mudhugger does the trick. I've even used some inner tube to protect the shock and lower linkage. Really helps to keep the mud away

Thanks i will try with a tube. It is only the shock i want to protect =)

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
Hi there,

I have a 2017 foxy r carbon, just wonder what kind of chain guide I can fit. The technical diagram says it has an iscg05 plate fitted? Would I need to remove this to fit at top guide? Don't have the bike with me at the moment so can't check.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
Hey.

I'm replacing my shit G2 RS brakes on my Level R with some Code RSC's. For the rear hose, which is internally routed, will removing the battery cover make life easier getting the cable through?

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
If it not easily removed like my Crafty I would try one the Sram reverb stealth barbs. Used them before to route brake lines and droppers.

As long as the banjo fitting is the same I don't think you will even need to change the lines out.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-Reverb-Stealth-Barb-Connector-2?loc=usa&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSP_strBZqhua5sbQjk0rRHdhE1ZSFHeYXBeq_gsovYgYuFnS9yteWbhoCNKsQAvD_BwE

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
If it not easily removed like my Crafty I would try one the Sram reverb stealth barbs. Used them before to route brake lines and droppers.

As long as the banjo fitting is the same I don't think you will even need to change the lines out.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-Reverb-Stealth-Barb-Connector-2?loc=usa&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSP_strBZqhua5sbQjk0rRHdhE1ZSFHeYXBeq_gsovYgYuFnS9yteWbhoCNKsQAvD_BwE

Hmm ok, i'll bear that in mind. The cover is held on by 4 bolts, thing is, i invisiframed over the cover and frame so will have to re apply that Confused I'll try and see if it's the same fitting, hopefully is, but won't be, that would be too easy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014058
Mobile Version of Website