Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
Has anyone run new brake lines in the crafty or crafty carbon? Any problems or heads up solutions?

Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
Just thought I'd share a photo of my 2016 Dune XR. Still love it!

I recently added a genuine Mondraker headset slackening kit and run into trouble with my headset. Originally had a Hope cover when I bought the frame but the bearing didn't fit. I found a bearing that's not correct but fits and sits tall.

Does anyone know where I can find the original bits for the headset in the UK?

photo

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Hey. Anyone know if i can run a 220mm rotor on my 2022 Level R? I've heard some people say yes, but Mondraker replied to my email saying "This model is designed for 200mm brakes. With a 220 disc the brake caliper can touch the RT causing damage. We do not recommend the installation of discs of this size.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
jnduda wrote:
Has anyone run new brake lines in the crafty or crafty carbon? Any problems or heads up solutions?
Use the old ones to guide the new one through - that’s what I decided to do when fitting new brakes to my alloy crafty.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
kev-jones wrote:
jnduda wrote:
Use the old ones to guide the new one through - that’s what I decided to do when fitting new brakes to my alloy crafty.

Tried that but they seem to be locked in place around the motor.

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 8:29 Quote
I was installing a BB on my 2020 SuperFoxy and could not get the drive side cup to thread all the way in. When the threads bottomed out, there was still a 1ish MM gap to the frame. A simple spacer was all that was required to solve it, but just struck me as odd.

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 5:56 Quote
Brave1i1toaster wrote:
I was installing a BB on my 2020 SuperFoxy and could not get the drive side cup to thread all the way in. When the threads bottomed out, there was still a 1ish MM gap to the frame. A simple spacer was all that was required to solve it, but just struck me as odd.
Often threaded BBs come with 3 spacers, and the setup is 1 on the drive side or 2drive side and 1 non drive side. I'd double check the manual.

On another note, I have a Foxy Carbon PF BB to replace. Anyone know the tools/bb I require? I find PF so confusing. It's the SRAM X01 carbon cranks it came with

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 9:53 Quote
Is the difference between the crafty and the level just the linkage? I.e if someone brought a Crafty, but wanted more travel, could they just swap the linkage and get a larger shock?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 13:26 Quote
kev-jones wrote:
Took delivery of my '22 Crafty R last week, only managed to get out on it once so far and I am seriously impressed, for a 25kg bike it feels pretty nimble!

My only quibble would be the brakes (they're nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews I've seen make them out to be). Ideally I'd like to keep them for now, because I've just spent £5k+ on a bike - the wife is not going to be happy when a new brake-set turns up.

So.... brake pad upgrades? are the Galfer e-bike compound worth a look? or just some standard sintered pads? thoughts?

photo

Nice ride! Do you know what your max seat post insertion is?

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 14:37 Quote
Hi y’all I have a mondraker super foxy carbon r 2021 version and I’m wondering if anyone here mulleted their bike. I’m just wondering if it’s possible to do it and know how it feels

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 14:45 Quote
clipless101 wrote:
kev-jones wrote:
Took delivery of my '22 Crafty R last week, only managed to get out on it once so far and I am seriously impressed, for a 25kg bike it feels pretty nimble!

My only quibble would be the brakes (they're nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews I've seen make them out to be). Ideally I'd like to keep them for now, because I've just spent £5k+ on a bike - the wife is not going to be happy when a new brake-set turns up.

So.... brake pad upgrades? are the Galfer e-bike compound worth a look? or just some standard sintered pads? thoughts?

photo

Nice ride! Do you know what your max seat post insertion is?
I'm not 100% sure.

I managed to swap the 150mm for a 170mm with someone who got a large but needed a shorter post for some reason - I've also tried a 210mm one up dropped but that sticks out the frame a little bit too much for my liking.

One thing that definitely lets the bike down is the ability to run a longer post without having 6/7cm sticking out above the seat post.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 9:52 Quote
Hi guys . Any one out there know what I can replace my rear bolt through with on a 2016 dune xr cheers keep it simple please I'm no bike engineer ;-) .....Johnny

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 3:36 Quote
Hi guys.

Does any of you know the maximum insertion length of the seatpost in a 2017 Dune?
I need to swap my dropper post to one with more drop, but can´t find the maximum length anywhere.

Thank you all

Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 14:16 Quote
Anyone know which size headset bearings for my 2017 foxy? Carbon XR

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014594
Mobile Version of Website