Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 23:25 Quote
jiMMy23 wrote:
Hi guys!

Here's my Dune RR!

photo

i got one question. Does anyone who have a carbon rr, feel that the chain/derailleurs noisy on bigger hits?

cheers!

Sort of stuttering, rattling noise?

ZR

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
robertdavidson wrote:
Hello all,

i have a 2017 foxy and was wandering what size dropper post i need as i am building it from just a frame.

Hi,

Size of frame? Alloy or Carbon?

ZR

Is an xl alloy frame. I measured it to 31mm just making sure this is correct.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 15:21 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:
Hi guys!

Here's my Dune RR!

photo

i got one question. Does anyone who have a carbon rr, feel that the chain/derailleurs noisy on bigger hits?

cheers!

ZR

pretty much rattling. does it happens to you?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 20:47 Quote
robertdavidson wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:
robertdavidson wrote:
Hello all,

i have a 2017 foxy and was wandering what size dropper post i need as i am building it from just a frame.

Hi,

Size of frame? Alloy or Carbon?

ZR

Is an xl alloy frame. I measured it to 31mm just making sure this is correct.

Hi,

Based on Mondraker's info on Fox and Reverb post, max post insertion are 245mm. That is for 170mm dropper.
The post cannot be inserted all the down to the collar due to seat tube and rear shox interference.

Dropper length depends on your inseam height.
150mm or 170mm should be fine tho.

ZR

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:02 Quote
jiMMy23 wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:
Hi guys!

Here's my Dune RR!

photo

cheers!

ZR

Hi,

Yup. A Dune R with X2, same wheel as yours. I loaned my buddy's DT Swiss Ratchet wheelset and it got worse. I asked for his opinion and said, maybe pedal feedback. He was using 54T and swapped to 18T. I rode it over the same trails and strange enough, no more rattling.

Does your DHX2 has a recall issue?

ZR

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
Hi all I’m trying to find out what size bearings are in the rear hub, I know the hubs are MDK disc pro but google isn’t finding anything related to those hubs, has anyone on here change the bearings on a 2015 summun, if it comes to I’ll have to remove and measure the bearing
Thanks in advance

Mondraker summun

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 4:44 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:

ZR

Hi,

Yup. A Dune R with X2, same wheel as yours. I loaned my buddy's DT Swiss Ratchet wheelset and it got worse. I asked for his opinion and said, maybe pedal feedback. He was using 54T and swapped to 18T. I rode it over the same trails and strange enough, no more rattling.

ZR

no.

Gotta go a bit deeper on the noise thing some how

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 2:09 Quote
jiMMy23 wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:

Hi,

ZR

no.

Definitely not cranks or headset no? I've had to check the tension on those in the past when creaking noises start to creep in.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
priest55 wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:

Hi,

ZR

no.

Definitely not cranks or headset no? I've had to check the tension on those in the past when creaking noises start to creep in.

the creaking happend on normal riding?

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Hi all I’m trying to find out what size bearings are in the rear hub, I know the hubs are MDK disc pro but google isn’t finding anything related to those hubs, has anyone on here change the bearings on a 2015 summun, if it comes to I’ll have to remove and measure the bearing
Thanks in advance

Mondraker summun

Hi,
Prolly remove and measure them is the best.

ZR

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 20:38 Quote
jiMMy23 wrote:
priest55 wrote:
jiMMy23 wrote:

no.

the creaking happend on normal riding?

Lol. I should have bought the frame and build it up.

Creaking issues I had with my carbon Dune R;
Linkage bearings - Replace stock to Enduro Max.
Headset - Crappy FSA bearings goes rusty easily. Replaced to Cane Creek 40.
Stock stem - Narrow clamp area(apparently some models are equipped with their e-bike 30mm stem).
Replaced to 35mm bar version.(AM 31.8 wide clamp not available)

ZR

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 2:03 Quote
i just bought a 2017 used vantage, was previously riding a giant XTC3, but was drawn to the geometry and the 27.5 wheel size, was riding a 26 inch previously.

1st impression is the bike handles really well going downhill, on my XTC, i feel like im going to be thrown over the bar. but on the vantage i can shift my weight back easily, and its so much more stable.

overall it rides and looks great, just need to replace the chainring, rear cassette and chain for now,

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 2:26 Quote
Weiliangliu wrote:
i just bought a 2017 used vantage, was previously riding a giant XTC3, but was drawn to the geometry and the 27.5 wheel size, was riding a 26 inch previously.

1st impression is the bike handles really well going downhill, on my XTC, i feel like im going to be thrown over the bar. but on the vantage i can shift my weight back easily, and its so much more stable.

overall it rides and looks great, just need to replace the chainring, rear cassette and chain for now,

Hi there,

Congrats on the purchase. Any pics to share?
Wait till you save up and try for a Foxy or Dune.

ZR

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 8:06 Quote
Foxy 29 RR size large frame arrived and is built. One ride to get suspension close. Real ride to come soon.

Build: Fox 36 Factory Grip2, GX Eagle drivetrain (temporary), Descendant DUB carbon cranks, Hope V4/E4 brakes w/ 203/180 rotors, Bikeyoke Revive dropper, Renthal bar and stem, LB rims w/ Hope hubs, Time MX-8 pedals, 2.6/2.3 Specialized Grid tires tubeless. 30lbs on the nose

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 2:43 Quote
Hi All,

I've got a 2017 foxy im building. its got boost spacing. do i really need boost cranks for 1x11?

Rob

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030990
Mobile Version of Website