Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 3:51 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
Anyone with a summum carbon 2015 and forwards frame who has an air shock fitted and could give me feedback? (Vivid air R2C maybe)
Mondraker isnt the quickest in replying mails!

Doesnt it cope well with the linkage maybe?

Hi,
Stumbled this Pinkbike pic on Google. You might wanna ask him.
Sorry, can't help much but Summum frame should have no issues with Air shox as Mondraker zero suspension is pretty linear.
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/novyparts/
Mondraker Summum Dh Enduro tuning with Pike custom Fox float X2 165mm travel and specific routing for Reveb. 13.5 kg like this.
Summum carbon 2015 - white painting for 2016 Custom frame for Reverb stealth - 13kg500

Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
Anyone with a summum carbon 2015 and forwards frame who has an air shock fitted and could give me feedback? (Vivid air R2C maybe)
Mondraker isnt the quickest in replying mails!

Doesnt it cope well with the linkage maybe?

Hi,
Stumbled this Pinkbike pic on Google. You might wanna ask him.
Sorry, can't help much but Summum frame should have no issues with Air shox as Mondraker zero suspension is pretty linear.
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/novyparts/
Mondraker Summum Dh Enduro tuning with Pike custom Fox float X2 165mm travel and specific routing for Reveb. 13.5 kg like this.
Summum carbon 2015 - white painting for 2016 Custom frame for Reverb stealth - 13kg500

Thank you!!
Is it? I thought it was Pretty progressive and wouldnt work well with air shock ramping?
I have contacted him and waiting for response!

Regards

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 13:36 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
markd43 wrote:
hi all
I have just bought a 2018 Mondraker dune Al and on my second ride having done no more than 20km the bottom shock bolt came out. This dug into the frame and has made a nasty gouge in the aluminum . Think the bike is still fine to ride but no doubt its strength and latter resale is very much reduced . I have been riding for at least 10 years and this is the 1st time I have forked out for a brand new bike.
I have contacted the bike shop I got it from over a month ago and after many emails and phone calls all I have been told is they are waiting for Mondraker to get back to them.

Is this wait what normally happens for warrant claims?
I have a brand new bike and now the 1st thing you see when you look at it is this damage and I think having to wait nearly 5 weeks for acknowledgment of my claim is just not on.

Has anyone else had dealing with the uk mondraker dearler and is this sort of wait normal .

Hi,
Kinda lull period now since they are busy rolling 2019 models out. 5 weeks is pretty long wait actually. You might have a 50/50 chance they will warranty it.
Redo the torque on the bolts and some low strength Loctite on the shock bolts.
Shock bolts are torqued at 12Nm.

Thank for the help
I have done this now and used but this shows me that the bike was not put together right. i cant see how that is not a mondraker fault. i should be able to buy a new bike and feel safe that it has been assembled correctly and is safe to ride

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
edit: quoted the wrong message...

I remember this bike from a french forum I read. That bike is nowhere near from stock, and Novyparts is a professional suspension tuner. No doubt he adapted first, the stroke and 2, the damping to make it work flawlessly.

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
stab0905 wrote:
edit: quoted the wrong message...

I remember this bike from a french forum I read. That bike is nowhere near from stock, and Novyparts is a professional suspension tuner. No doubt he adapted first, the stroke and 2, the damping to make it work flawlessly.

It seems so if you press the pictures on his side. I have contacted him and he has looked but not answered

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 11:28 Quote
Mondraker summum carbon Pro team Fox dhx RC4 Factory kashima ti-spring Fox 40 Float Factory kashima E13 LG1 wheelset integrated cassette Sram guide RS brakeset Sram X01 deraileur gx shifter Renthal Fatbar nukeproof copper dm stem Carbon i-beam mondraker team saddle Shimano Zee cranks saint chainguide Maxxis high roller 2 Tubeless

Mondraker summum carbon Pro team Fox dhx RC4 Factory kashima ti-spring Fox 40 Float Factory kashima E13 LG1 wheelset integrated cassette Sram guide RS brakeset Sram X01 deraileur gx shifter Renthal Fatbar nukeproof copper dm stem Carbon i-beam mondraker team saddle Shimano Zee cranks saint chainguide Maxxis high roller 2 Tubeless

Here is my freshly built summum bike!
15 Pro team frame/dhx RC4 kashima/Ti-spring
Fox float Factory kashima
E13 LG1 wheelset
Sram guide RS Brakes/X01 7sp drivetrain
Shimano Zee cranks/saint chainguide
Renthal Fatbar/nukeproof copper DM stem
Carbon i-beam/ms-team seat
Etc etc

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 13:32 Quote
Love the black and blue colorway...Nice build.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 1:46 Quote
Hello guys. Did anyone had luck to fit 17cm Reverb dropper in to '16 Dune Carbon R XXL?

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 1:40 Quote
mindesintra wrote:
Hello guys. Did anyone had luck to fit 17cm Reverb dropper in to '16 Dune Carbon R XXL?

XXL?

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
Hi guys, any idea which brake pad i should be buying for tektro hd-m285 for my vantage?

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 17:41 Quote
photo
New Mondraker owner here. My Foxy alloy showed up Tuesday. I got really good deal on a new one. Loving it so far. Changed the tires out today and set it up tubeless. I have an eagle drive train and guide brakes that I’ll be putting on it as well. I’m waiting for mondraker to ship the XD driver for the rear hub.

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
mindesintra wrote:

XXL?

My bad, XL.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
PtDiddy wrote:
photo
New Mondraker owner here. My Foxy alloy showed up Tuesday. I got really good deal on a new one. Loving it so far. Changed the tires out today and set it up tubeless. I have an eagle drive train and guide brakes that I’ll be putting on it as well. I’m waiting for mondraker to ship the XD driver for the rear hub.

Sweet. A Fox DPX2 or RS Monarch Plus is compatible with that frame too.

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 21:44 Quote
New Mondraker owner here, just bought a new Foxy XR 27.5. Coming from an aluminium Capra I must admit that this bike is much more nimble than I expected, very easy to move.

new bike 3

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039769
Mobile Version of Website