Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
Hi, anyone installed 170 dropper on foxy29r or onyone knows if is 170 dropper compatible?

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 14:23 Quote
Hejsa wrote:
Hi, anyone installed 170 dropper on foxy29r or onyone knows if is 170 dropper compatible?

The small and medium frame come with a 125mm dropper. The medium can take a 150mm from only a couple brands. I'm pretty sure 9point8 will fit. I am not sure about the larger size frames, but the split seat tube limits dropper post size.

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 3:14 Quote
sxp wrote:
Hejsa wrote:

The small and medium frame come with a 125mm dropper. The medium can take a 150mm from only a couple brands. I'm pretty sure 9point8 will fit. I am not sure about the larger size frames, but the split seat tube limits dropper post size.

I have a 150mm OneUp that fits but ended up being a bit too long for me. I used the shim to shorten it but ended up with a longer effective seatpost with less drop than I had with the 125. A 150 will work on a medium or larger frame.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:29 Quote
Hi i have Mondraker summum pro 2019 and was thinking about what is the biggest tyres you can mount back and front? Now i have 27.5x2.4. Can i use 27. 5+ tyres on this bike?

Bike is fantastic tho what rear coil do you guys recomend for 70kg rider? Now it has 550x2.8, im thinking 450x2.8

http://i68.tinypic.com/2a9uog3.jpg

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
Am I in any danger of finding a geometry kit for a 2016 DUNE RR Large any time this century?

Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
Hello, wondering what spring weights other Dune XR riders are running? I'm 80kgs and have a 475lbs spring but finding it a bit hard. What is anyone else riding?

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
Has anyone fitted a cane creek online air on a pre-2018 carbon foxy. I recall it can be done if the shaft is shortened reducing the rear travel to around 135mm.....?

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 14:35 Quote
sxp wrote:
Jeeper1704 wrote:
Work has gotten in the way, so I haven't ridden much in the last 2 weeks, but headed out tomorrow for a good ride, I still need to figure out what that "Thunk" noise is coming from the rear end. I tried letting all the air out of the shock slowly and airing back up. Going to pull the dropper tonight and have a look at it. I'll let you know what I find.

Did you ever solve your thunk issue? Is it the chain hitting the stay? Mine does this, and I need to add a softer chain stay guard to muffle the sound.

Still messing with it. The cold has seriously reduced my riding. I did discover that the shifter cable is thwacking against my one-up bashguard underneath the bottom bracket and I just zip tied it to the brake cable that comes out at the same spot... just enough to give it some tension and keep it from smacking against the bash guard, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also think a softer chain stay protector is in order, I've got a lizard skin I might throw on there. I'm also planning to replace the dropper and dropper post cable with a PNW Bachelor after christmas. I'll report back then.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
My Foxy RR SL (27.5) has developed a bit of vertical play in the rear. I first noticed it when I set the bike down and heard a light "thunk". I felt around and as best I can tell it's from some looseness in the lower eyelet of the Fox Float rear shock. I checked the torque on the bolt and it's good.

Take it in and have the bushing replaced? Ignore it until the entire rear gets it's overhaul? I'm usually inclined to do my own wrenching, but the bushing replacement looks like it needs a lot of specialized tools. I've got a place locally that does great work (actually a few places, benefit of living in the PNW).

Thoughts?

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
Yerts wrote:
My Foxy RR SL (27.5) has developed a bit of vertical play in the rear. I first noticed it when I set the bike down and heard a light "thunk". I felt around and as best I can tell it's from some looseness in the lower eyelet of the Fox Float rear shock. I checked the torque on the bolt and it's good.

Take it in and have the bushing replaced? Ignore it until the entire rear gets it's overhaul? I'm usually inclined to do my own wrenching, but the bushing replacement looks like it needs a lot of specialized tools. I've got a place locally that does great work (actually a few places, benefit of living in the PNW).

Thoughts?

Took it in to the shop and they agreed that it just needs a new lower eyelet bushing on the Float.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
Yerts wrote:
Took it in to the shop and they agreed that it just needs a new lower eyelet bushing on the Float.

Just needed to have the lower eyelet connection pulled apart, cleaned, re-greased, and then tightened. Clunk gone for only $28.

The rear shifting on the other hand needed quite a bit of work, but I'm happy to say it's all swell now.

Also she got a new 150mm dropper to replace the 125mm that comes stock on the med frame size. Kashima this time to match the fork.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
Does anybody know a downtube protector that will fit the 2018/2019 Foxy Carbon?

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Ive got a foxy r 2017 al does anyone know if you can fit a coil shock to tge bike rather than an air shock.

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
Owenscott wrote:
Ive got a foxy r 2017 al does anyone know if you can fit a coil shock to tge bike rather than an air shock.

Yes if you can find a proper size for it. 2018 xr model comes oem with coil shock. Only difference is that they changed the fittment to trunnion mount. Other option is to convert your current 2017 frame into trunnion mount by changing the upper link and not sure if also the chainstays. Contact mondraker directly

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
JamieMcL wrote:
Hello, wondering what spring weights other Dune XR riders are running? I'm 80kgs and have a 475lbs spring but finding it a bit hard. What is anyone else riding?

hi,
depends on shox. x2 shox im using 400lbs for trails n 450lbs for gnarly ones. 85kg with riding gears.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017345
Mobile Version of Website