Boost 29 120mm aluminum frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Boost 29 120mm aluminum frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
hey i'm looking for a new frame and hoping to use most of the parts off my old bike i am hoping for a boost 120mm 29 inch frame with shock. I would go with more travel if i could get a fork i'm looking at the tallboy what do you guys think.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 6:22 Quote
My friend loves his tallboy but I have no exp there.

Also just putting this out there. I went from a cheaper XC hard tail to my first full suspension and was originally going to do the same (frame and whoever I would need to make other parts work) but I found out that if instead I sold my XC and put in only a couple hundred more dollars I could just buy a flat out new dually with parts that were across the board better (and obviously newer) parts.

Not sure what you plan is with your old frame but if you are like me and are only looking for an upgrade I found that buying new made me happy and it made financial enough sense to do it.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
The Tallboy is pretty great, the CC frame (which is the only one you can get frame only) is really stiff and light. Would also look into a Pivot Mach 429 Trail, which is probably the best pedalling bike I've ever ridden. That might be my next bike, run it with plus size wheels, mmm

edit: missed the aluminum header, damn my bad

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
Trek still has a few of the 2016 Fuel EX 29 frames in aluminum available for order, depending on the size you need. Comes with shock and 120mm of travel as opposed to the new 2017 models with 130mm.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
Doctadocta wrote:
My friend loves his tallboy but I have no exp there.

Also just putting this out there. I went from a cheaper XC hard tail to my first full suspension and was originally going to do the same (frame and whoever I would need to make other parts work) but I found out that if instead I sold my XC and put in only a couple hundred more dollars I could just buy a flat out new dually with parts that were across the board better (and obviously newer) parts.

Not sure what you plan is with your old frame but if you are like me and are only looking for an upgrade I found that buying new made me happy and it made financial enough sense to do it.
Ya I have got a plan for my old frame but all my parts are nice and relatively new standards so I figured the frame only would work.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
canfield riot? i think it got updated to boost.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010047
Mobile Version of Website