things i should change or keep on my bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
things i should change or keep on my bike
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
yah i just put my ti spring on like 2 sec ago i normally only use it for races idk why tho haha that cut about a pound off of it. i am going to get some crabon fiber bars and xo drive train and um either a fox 40 or boxxer wc i got about 3200 to blow on bike parts

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
nice bike but it you should get diablous cranks, they are super stiff and give you alot of confidence when riding. They have a lifetime waranty and a shop in Washington has them for 200 bucks US . go to www.dropnzone.com .there is a toll free number you have to call to placeorders but Ask for Allen he will hook you up with anything you need pretty cheap.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
free629ride wrote:
nice bike but it you should get diablous cranks, they are super stiff and give you alot of confidence when riding. They have a lifetime waranty and a shop in Washington has them for 200 bucks US . go to www.dropnzone.com .there is a toll free number you have to call to placeorders but Ask for Allen he will hook you up with anything you need pretty cheap.
that sounds like a pretty good idea when i need something i will call but i think for right now i am pretty happy with my husselfelts but thanks for the suggestion

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
yah i just put my ti spring on like 2 sec ago i normally only use it for races idk why tho haha that cut about a pound off of it. i am going to get some crabon fiber bars and xo drive train and um either a fox 40 or boxxer wc i got about 3200 to blow on bike parts

Get the Boxxer W.C. You can get that from Allen im pretty sure as well. I ride one on my DH bike and they are amazing, super adjustable for anytype of conditions. The only downside is they are quite abit of maintnence, but if you are a racer you know all about that. You have to put fresh oil every 10-15 rides if you want them to perform at there best. Also use rock shox Judy butter it will make the fork even smoother then it already is.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
I would never trade a 888 for any boxxer (thats just me) The only thing I would change would be the stem as I have seen to many of the bolts that hold it on to the crown brake of, I have always prefered a normal stem. Dope bike.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
if you changed something i would definately say the brakes. i used to have el caminos then i switched those for avid codes about 2 months ago and they just feel so much better.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
Get a different cassette, you probably dont need a 34t for DH. The sram pg970 11-26 sould fit the bill

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
free629ride wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:

Get the Boxxer W.C. You can get that from Allen im pretty sure as well. I ride one on my DH bike and they are amazing, super adjustable for anytype of conditions. The only downside is they are quite abit of maintnence, but if you are a racer you know all about that. You have to put fresh oil every 10-15 rides if you want them to perform at there best. Also use rock shox Judy butter it will make the fork even smoother then it already is.
yah they are alot of maintence. do u have any opinion on the 40 i am not sure what to get?

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 5:39 Quote
the 40 is such a nice fork

i would also get new brakes jucey seven's or haayes nines

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
free629ride wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:

yah they are alot of maintence. do u have any opinion on the 40 i am not sure what to get?

I dont hav experieince with a fox 40 but my buddy had one on his v10 and hes kinda of a hack and does like NO maintnnece ever and his fork felt grosse, it totally changed my mind of the fox 40, again this could be his lack of maintnence but it leaked all the time and was very sticky. I would go for the boxxer WC, its proven and personally I love it. People say that they crack but I haven seen anyone do that and mine hasnt yet and I ride the 2007.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
free629ride wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:
free629ride wrote:

I dont hav experieince with a fox 40 but my buddy had one on his v10 and hes kinda of a hack and does like NO maintnnece ever and his fork felt grosse, it totally changed my mind of the fox 40, again this could be his lack of maintnence but it leaked all the time and was very sticky. I would go for the boxxer WC, its proven and personally I love it. People say that they crack but I haven seen anyone do that and mine hasnt yet and I ride the 2007.

Here you go man!!!!!!!!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/289323/

that’s for a used Boxxer wc

and this is for a new Fox 40: this guy selling it is a FOX EXPERT, hes one of my friends. He is very helpful and will answer any questions for you.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/289481/

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
free629ride wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:

speaking a someone who's ridden both the wc and 40 for decent amounts of time i can honestly say the only difference was next to nothing. they're the 2 highest performing dh forks on the market and i think anyone would be crazy to say that one is better than the other. i believe the wc is like .4lbs lighter than the 40 though. both forks are going to need maintenance (just like anything else on your bike) and you won't be disappointed with either. the only reason i ride the 40 over the wc is because of the 40mm stantions: i just feel more comfortable while hucking and because i found a sick deal on the 40. there are lots of good deals in the buysell section on the 40 so my advice is go with whichever one you can get in the best condition for the best price (assuming you buy used).

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
yah i think i might go with a boxxer i found a killer deal with them through one of my sponsors so i think that might be the way to go or if i find a better deal on a 40 haha i am so confused

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
get new cranks those are horrible i fried mine

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
seriously i love mine they are a little on the heavy side but i find them indistructable. what happened to yours?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014038
Mobile Version of Website