things i should change or keep on my bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
things i should change or keep on my bike
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
yah i think i might go with a boxxer i found a killer deal with them through one of my sponsors so i think that might be the way to go or if i find a better deal on a 40 haha i am so confused

for real bro, you can't go wrong with either. both are race prooven. and if you're that kind of "sundays and v10s are the best frame because hill and peat ride them" then that logic sells you on the 40 and wc as well because thats all pros use (and maybe a boxxer team here and there)

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
man i am not one of those kids i got a judge not a sunday or a v10 even though they are good bikes. i am also looking at the avalanch forks. personaly i hate kids like that but hey what ever makes you ride

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
I wouldn't see the point in changing anything on that bike but the brakes. As everything there looks fine to me.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
I wouldn't see the point in changing anything on that bike but the brakes. As everything there looks fine to me.
thanks but i am trying to cut down on the wight it weighs in at about 40.67lbs or sumtin i cant really remmember

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
thanks but i am trying to cut down on the wight it weighs in at about 40.67lbs or sumtin i cant really remmember

Titanium bolt sets, lighter pedals, lighter bash guard, like something much thinner and smaller. Maxxis larsen tires. Carbon fiber seat post, i forgot the pic but if youv got a front derailer, drop it.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
If your looking at cutting down weight dont get an Avy fork.

Get the Boxxer (integrated or 50mm Thomson Elite Stem), 823 and go tubeless, Easton Monkey Light or Monkey Bars, Ti spring, X.0. or the cheap Shimano road stuff, Dura Ace cassette, Gamut or LG1 guide and you have to lose the crank set, think Middleburn RS7 on FSA Isis BB, Thomson Masterpiece post with an SLR, Wellgo MG-1.

Your bike really isn't that bad, if something breaks then go for it. Although sounds like you have a bunch of cash burning a hole in your pocket. I'd splurge on the bike parts too.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
seriously i love mine they are a little on the heavy side but i find them indistructable. what happened to yours?

Honestly man if you are going to replace anything on your bike, replace the crankset please! I personaly will never ride a truvative (hussefelt) crank again becasue of these 2 reasons:

1: they fall off! (honestly)
2: They bend!

To lighten it up id go with a raceface atlas, they are light and strong, and along with the diabolous they are the only crank thats machined in BC!

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 5:39 Quote
ok so i just ordered a carbon seat and i got some monkey carbon bars and lighter tires new road cassete and i alreday have xo drive train

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 5:53 Quote
I think it´s a waste of money if you change something

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
please no negitive comments

spec list
pedals=crankbro's 5050 xx silver/black
frame= 07 cannondale judge
wheels=729ex dt swiss spokes ringle hub
stem= intergrated 888 stem
grips=cannondale grind grips
handle bars= unknown 2 inch risers
cranks=trutive husselfelts
rear shock= roco wc
fork=07 888 rv
drive train= sram x9
chain=shmano 9 speed
chain guard=e13
photo

tires= minion dh specific
brakes hayes el camino's

ooh dear, your gonna have to change everthing on that. Send it to me and I'll sort it out for you free of charge.
No mate, thats a peach of a ride, just vanity upgrades from now on lol.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013593
Mobile Version of Website