Show me your Kingdom's

PB Forum :: Other
Show me your Kingdom's
Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 5:45 Quote
Yeah sounds good to me, like a Curtis ht frame that needs wants to be ridden hard to get most outta it etc.

Iirc I missed out on kingdom frames cheap when they had like 50% off.
I wanted a full suss version but no could do at time.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 10:36 Quote
ledude wrote:
riding a ti full suspension is kind of like riding a tuning fork...it kind of hums and zings as you blast down the trail...it actually becomes more alive the faster you go...

I think a lot of Ti bikes hum/zing?
Certainly heard roadies comment that theirs do, and the Brigante does but it's pretty subtle - have to be on the smoothest tarmac, with quite hard near-bald tyres and a freshly cleaned drivetrain to be able to hear it (ideal riding conditions for it basically lol ) otherwise gets drowned out by trail and tyre noise.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Yeah I’d agree on that plus what’s drivetrain ... lol

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
I’ve ridden a few bikes, including other Ti’s (albeit a 29er XC Van Nicholas Tuareg) but riding a Hex or Vendetta is different...a bit special in a strange way. The Hex has a great linkage platform and i have no doubt it has saved me on a few times! Lol...defo the faster you go, the more speed she wants and just keeps on getting better and better.
I had the 2017 Hex previously and sold it to a guy who rides with a well-know sponsored rider and that rider loves riding the Hex too...just can’t be seen on one for obvious reasons...and it gives me confidence that it is a bike well made that can take abuse because this person likes to spend a lot of time in the air!

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
You're not helping with my desire to acquire a Hex lol

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
You're not helping with my desire to acquire a Hex lol

You so should have grabbed my "old" one...it was in perfect condition and such a great bike!?

(probably doesn't help still...apparently Kingdom were going to sell some of the demo frames they had at FoD last month)!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
posted on another thread, but thought i would share here too, its not finished yet, but the end is in sight....

My new Kingdom

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
twellsie wrote:
posted on another thread, but thought i would share here too, its not finished yet, but the end is in sight....

My new Kingdom

I can't wait for mine...been gathering all the parts like a very cool and expensive jigsaw.!?
It rides really well, you will love it!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 6:04 Quote
Have you bought a Vendetta as well?!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 6:43 Quote
photo
custom XL Vendetta LS (503mm reach) in raw with external routing.

just upgraded it from a 2014 XL Vendetta, having the custom option is so sweet, being 6'4'' almost every bike has been too cramped for me ever - this just fits me like a glove..

photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
kofoed wrote:
photo
custom XL Vendetta LS (503mm reach) in raw with external routing.

just upgraded it from a 2014 XL Vendetta, having the custom option is so sweet, being 6'4'' almost every bike has been too cramped for me ever - this just fits me like a glove..

photo

Looking good fellas

@kofoed ..how are you liking the air Helm?

@gbcarmona
No surprise you got an X2 Smile
what size did you get? The vendetta x2 geo is supreme.

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
@ledude

It feels really nice, only ridden it like 3 times though - something like a cross between a Fox36 and Pike (beefy and smooth, lots of control super sturdy).
Still tickering with the negative airchamber..

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 11:54 Quote
OneBanana wrote:

Yes...X2 for my missus! Haha

@lelude

I got a L...even tho my Hex is M...but reach and top tubes are very similar on both...the Vendetta in M is the sexiest since it has the top tube and chainstays aligned but tried both and the L felt better.

That Helm fork looks awesome when you see it live. But the plan was always to build a “cheap” HT for winter...and like I said, for the missus...haha!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 12:07 Quote
kofoed wrote:
@ledude

It feels really nice, only ridden it like 3 times though - something like a cross between a Fox36 and Pike (beefy and smooth, lots of control super sturdy).
Still tickering with the negative airchamber..

How are you finding the wheels? Aren’t they awesome? I might have been the first guy to have that colour combo...originally ordered with dark grey graphics but then arranged to meet the owner of SixthElements who showed me them...”yes, I’ll have these, please!?” I’ve been giving a lot of abuse to mine for over a year, and no problems...besides scratching a lot due to the deep rims...the new X2 will have the same wheels again!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 13:05 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
OneBanana wrote:

Yes...X2 for my missus! Haha

@lelude

I got a L...even tho my Hex is M...but reach and top tubes are very similar on both...the Vendetta in M is the sexiest since it has the top tube and chainstays aligned but tried both and the L felt better.

That Helm fork looks awesome when you see it live. But the plan was always to build a “cheap” HT for winter...and like I said, for the missus...haha!

I once bought a bike for my wife....didnt quite go as planned.lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016824
Mobile Version of Website