Bike shop rip offs

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Bike shop rip offs
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
So I'm on here and I've noticed that DenersBicycles is on here and they are asking ridiculous prices for used stuff and they can't even advertise their products properly for instance 650 bucks for a used recon gold that they says its boost 15mm when in the pic you can clearly see its 9mm qr. Then they claim it's new just off of a bike. Is it just me or is when something is mounted then unmounted off a bike it's considered used because that's the way I see it should be. I don't get how you can stay in business when you lie and over charge. Also judging by the fact they shut the comments off of all their pictures I'm taking a wild guess and saying I'm not the first one to call them out on their ridiculous pricing and blatant lies!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 17:48 Quote
Well they also do have the fork they described.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14205141/
Did you send them a message to fix the one with the wrong description?

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
Fair enough but it's still not worth anywhere near 650 bucks for a mounted recon. I can get a 2016 revelation for cheaper alot of the 15/16 pikes aren't even that expensive used

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
a fork that has been mounted can still be considered to be new. Its new, as in its never been ridden, but it would have a cut steer tube.

Without original packaging and cut steerer tube, I Would expect the price to be lower. But, ultimately you will get the price that the market will bear.

Like most things, if you shop around you can find better (or worse) deals. The add clearly says reasonable offers. If you want the frrok, offer them what you feel its worth.

Its not really a scam here buddy. chill out. offer them 500, taxes in and shipped. maybe see what they say to a reasonable offer, then start bitching.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009246
Mobile Version of Website