Crankbrothers mallet E
Rockshox reverb
E13 TRSR carbon rims
Hope pro 4 hubs (boost)
E13 rubber

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
How is the Push compared to the Float?

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
Amazing it just keeps the back wheel in contact with the ground all the time so it's easy to hold a line. And the climb setting is really good as well

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 15:38 Quote
Hi, how much do you weigh? I weigh 220lbs and they gave me a 475 spring??

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
Warrantied '16 Frame that I got a few months ago and decided to get creative with since I was building it up from scratch. Updated 2018 140 X2 out back & 170 36 up front with WC -1 degree cups (65 HTA). Decided to keep the XO1 11spd system with 44T OneUp extender and 30T switch chainring added. Had to ditch the carbon cranks though and go back to the workhorse turbines after a pedal insert crack with carbon. That, saint brakes, and tire defender system is well worth the weight penalty.

New

New2

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
Loving the orange and Turquoise above.

Recently replaced my Tallboy LTc and managed to find a used Elevensix valved for my weight and the 5.5. Significant weight gain was worth it. Really want to drop a Push ACS-3 coil in the fork now.
Yeti 5.5

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
I'm going through the confusing process of choosing black vs turq.

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 at 6:23 Quote
I sold my yeti and got a trek slash 9.9 best decision ever.

Yetis are good but there like Ferrari’s they look mega and feel good but there an epic to maintain and look after.

Also for the lads thinking of buying coils. I now run an x2 on rear and a ohlins rxf 36 Coil on the front and there amazing.

I ran a dual coi setup on my yeti was awesome as well.

Put in order to pop you need air and coil even 11/6 don’t feel like that

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
I sold my yeti and got a trek slash 9.9 best decision ever.

Yetis are good but there like Ferrari’s they look mega and feel good but there an epic to maintain and look after.

Also for the lads thinking of buying coils. I now run an x2 on rear and a ohlins rxf 36 Coil on the front and there amazing.

I ran a dual coi setup on my yeti was awesome as well.

Put in order to pop you need air and coil even 11/6 don’t feel like that

Have to agree with the Ferrari/maintenance comment. If you're not a decent bike mechanic, the Switch Infinity Link and BB are a pain to service. Not sure why but Yeti decided to cut out a hole where the downtube meets the BB insert area. Maybe for weight reduction, not sure. Either way the crappy rubber frame hose/cable grommets allow for excess water intrusion in the frame that can work it's way into your bottom bracket area. Not sure why they ditched their original design rubber grommets found on the earlier SB6's that sealed much better even if they were more of a pain to remove and install.

Regardless, I found a way to at least keep the water out of the bottom bracket area after replacing my 2nd water/mud contaminated RF BB. And yes, I did clean and re-grease them with excess fresh grease after every wash or muddy/wet condition ride. Anyway, just cut out a piece of clear or black Gorilla tape to seal the BB area exposed to the Downtube cutout. So far, my 3rd BB has lasted longer than the first two combined with this easy fix!

As far as the Infinity link goes, constant Q-tipping after rides done in concert with the fork/shock and dropper seals is a must. Just more of a pain to get to the lower aft seal. Bending the Q-tips helps a bit, but still a pain none the less.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019185
Mobile Version of Website