RM Thunderbolt or SC 5010 or other?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
RM Thunderbolt or SC 5010 or other?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
As title suggests, anyone got any time on these two bikes or other similar short travel trail bikes? Specifically the handling in a variety of terrain - climbing, rough steep descending and so on. Not having the privilege to test ride all the bikes that are available means relying on the reviews - and more importantly fellow riders experiences.

All good bikes these days, but for the same coin if one is significantly better in a certain way than the other it could swing the vote.
cheers

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 21:11 Quote
I have a BC edition thunderbolt and have no regrets on the purchase.

I like everything about this bike.

My prior bike was an altitude 730.

I know this is not much help to you since I did not test anything else

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 21:19 Quote
I owned a 2016 SC 5010 and now own a RM Thunderbolt BC. Both were/are finished to a high level.
I prefer xc style riding, carving clean descents and value efficient climbing. I prefer a suspension that reminds me of what the wheels are encountering and does not bob. Does not need to be a sofa.

Despite my best efforts, I found the SC to be too plush for my tastes. It did seem to be the best climber, and acted more like an enduro style bike, rather than XC/trail. The BB seemed too low and I had several pedal strikes. I could not get comfortable in the cockpit despite varying the stem etc.

Conversely, the RM is good on all counts. It feels like a tighter ride, carves well and is very agile. The Ride 9 is for real; it takes some time to find your preferences.

Just my personal, non professional observations. Hope this is useful and that I do not offend too many out there. They are both great bikes for the right rider.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006943
Mobile Version of Website