Show off your Chameleon.

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Show off your Chameleon.
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 10, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
If there is another thread covering this, please delete.

I know there is a thread for any Santa Cruz but not a Chameleon specific one, that I've seen.

So, post them here for us to see. I'll post mine up.

2014 Medium Frame build
27.5 Maxxis Ardent
1x10 Shimano SLX Drivetrain
MRP Loop 130mm Fork

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 7:19 Quote
2015 Medium
Pike 130mm
1x11 XT
Ardent rear + HIgh Roller 2 up front

Alsea Falls - Sexy Tree
  Alsea Falls - Sexy Tree

Alsea Falls - Highballer
  Alsea Falls - Highballer

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
What does this bike ride like? I'm really interested in getting one as a second bike. I've been mountain biking for 15 years and have owned quite a few top of the line trail and enduro bikes, but I've never ridden a hard tail. How does something like a chameleon compare to something with similar fork travel and geo like a 5010 or a tallboy?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 7:48 Quote
Im a huge fan of the chameleon or any number of hardtails with more modern geometry (short chainstays and a slack headtube etc) like honzo's and wide angles. My personal bias is that I don't really like squishy long travel bikes and most of the terrain here in the PNW does not require them. Make no mistake I am slower than when I am on my 5010 because I have to be a lot more picky about the lines I am choosing but there is no way I am having less fun. It feels like a bmx when Im on flowy trails with lots of jumps and its capable of getting down anything with the pike. I find I ride a little more on the forks than I do on the 5010 to unload the back. I'd say the only thing I really find much tougher is technical climbing...its much harder to keep that rear wheel planted and giving traction. That being said if its non technical climbing its a rocket Wink and who the hell wants to do a bunch of technical climbing... Bottom line any number of new hardtails can be awesome do it all machines but they do demand more in the rider department haha How does it ride? Think poppy quick dirt jumping fun machine and a lot of attention to the trail Smile

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 7:31 Quote
I just ordered a 2017 frame only. Should be here 2nd week of April. I'll post some pics when I got it built up. Stoked on the new geometry.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Jeromev wrote:
I just ordered a 2017 frame only. Should be here 2nd week of April. I'll post some pics when I got it built up. Stoked on the new geometry.
What size have have you gone for ? I'm 5'10 which is bang in the middle of med and large and I'm struggling to pick which one to get.
Thanks

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 14:34 Quote
I am 5'9 and I ordered a large (frame only) as I was told the sizing can be a little small.

The frame should be here in c.4 weeks and then the build will begin.....

Anyone got any pics to share or spec list?

I have gone for the 27.5+ and apart from an Easton Haven carbon bar the rest is TBC....

Jeromev - how did your build go ?

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
Anyone know whats going on with the new Chameleon? I ordered a 2017, but i guess SC oversold them so i get a 2018 instead. Besides the dropper post anyone know whats going to be new?

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
Jeromev wrote:

Any updates on your ride?

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
MEP wrote:
I am 5'9 and I ordered a large (frame only) as I was told the sizing can be a little small.

The frame should be here in c.4 weeks and then the build will begin.....

Anyone got any pics to share or spec list?

I have gone for the 27.5+ and apart from an Easton Haven carbon bar the rest is TBC....

Jeromev - how did your build go ?

Did you get yours built up?

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 16:12 Quote
I recently built a single speed from a R+ build. Probably should have bought a frame and built from scratch considering all the parts I changed. The tires are fun for playing around, but I need another set with slightly larger knobs.

Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
Santa Cruz Chameleon 27.5

- Chameleon Medium Frame
- Fox 140mm Performance Series FIT Fork Boost
- GX Eagle Drive System 12 speed
- Renthal 60mm Stem
- Deity Alloy Handlebar 760mm
- Shimano XT8000 Disc Brake System
- Fox Transfer Performance Series Dropper with Wolftooth Lever
- 27.5 Flow MK3 Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs Boost
- Nobby Nic 2.8 Tyre run Tubeless
- AbsoluteBlack 34T Oval Chainring
- OneUp Component Chainguide
- Kore Saddle
- DMR Flat Pedals

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
The Chameleon is my first serious bike coming from a cheapo Fuji Nevada 2.0. I rode trails as a kid, but got into motorcycles when I was old enough to get a moped license. Been on the street for the past couple decades and finally got back into cycling when my local metropark started building a whole new MTB trail. I've got a LOT of skill drills ahead of me to improve my riding, but I'm having lots of fun and have been volunteering to help build the trails.

My son just turned 3, so I'm hoping him seeing me ride helps him get over his fear of the wobbly (raised training wheels) bike sensation. Goal is to go riding with him as he gets bigger and eventually pick up some dirtbikes. I'll be vlogging my progress on my YouTube channel and hope more experienced riders subscribe who can give me hell for any weaknesses they see in my riding.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 13:18 Quote
chris9888 wrote:
Santa Cruz Chameleon 27.5

- Chameleon Medium Frame
- Fox 140mm Performance Series FIT Fork Boost
- GX Eagle Drive System 12 speed
- Renthal 60mm Stem
- Deity Alloy Handlebar 760mm
- Shimano XT8000 Disc Brake System
- Fox Transfer Performance Series Dropper with Wolftooth Lever
- 27.5 Flow MK3 Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs Boost
- Nobby Nic 2.8 Tyre run Tubeless
- AbsoluteBlack 34T Oval Chainring
- OneUp Component Chainguide
- Kore Saddle
- DMR Flat Pedals

Is that a fox 34 or 36?

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 16:32 Quote
Just bought a 2018 chameleon R+ build, and was wondering how you guys set up tire pressure or anything else with the plus wheels, and if you like them over a 29er. I'm about 130 pounds. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobby

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018150
Mobile Version of Website