Sram Brakes
Brand X dropper
Renthal Fatbars
Fox 34 fork

photo

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
Rcelik wrote:
freshbuttabricks wrote:
Has anyone tried running a 150mm fork on the newer (2018+) frames? I am also swapping to 29er. Wondering if the BB will be to tall for it to be fun?

I have a 160mm Pike Ultimate fork on my 2019 Chameleon. Rides like a dream.

We’re the pikes a straight fit?

Want to upgrade mine to 160’s

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
Has anyone tried running a Maxxis Aggressor 29 x 2.50 on the rear of their Chameleon? I just tore my stock Ardent 2.35 yesterday and all I have laying around is an Aggressor 2.50. I'll probably try it out today too see if there is clearance, but wanted to see is anyone has tried that setup before and get their thoughts.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
photo
Better pic of mine

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
Just joined the club picked it up this morning!
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
iwarzon wrote:
Just joined the club picked it up this morning!
photo
photo
photo
photo
Looking awesome!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
Looks amazing! I’ve got one on order and it’s getting delivered this week! I’m 6”1 and have ordered an XL, do you guys think it will be ok? No where in the uk has any left to try for size so have had to take a punt and hope it’ll be ok! I have rang every SC dealer I could and think i got pretty much the last bike available!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
Miller212 wrote:
Looks amazing! I’ve got one on order and it’s getting delivered this week! I’m 6”1 and have ordered an XL, do you guys think it will be ok? No where in the uk has any left to try for size so have had to take a punt and hope it’ll be ok! I have rang every SC dealer I could and think i got pretty much the last bike available!

You're like me, you're inbetween sizes. It will really depend on your riding style, riding terrain, and preferences. I can say if I went with the larger size I would have had to put on a shorter stem and a more backswept handle bar to get my reach inline with what I like and make it easier for me to move the bike around. This was just my experience and yours may be much different. Hope they let you try it out before you are locked into it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
Couple questions for you chameleon owners. I’m ~5’6”, the size chart on SC puts me on a medium. Most of my bikes are smalls, and this is about 2.5-3cm longer reach than my current pony rustler. I do want to use this as a trail bike and a bike packer, so maybe a bigger triangle would be nice for a frame bag, but not at the expense of handling. Anyone 5’6” - 5’7” running a med?

2nd, the dropouts can be changed for27.5 or 29. The 27.5 dropouts look like they’ put the bb ~11mm higher to compensate for the slightly smaller wheel diameter. I suspect the 27.5 dropouts could run 29ers just fine, just putting the bb slightly higher. N=I’d like to be able to swap out wheels between 27.5 (2.8-3) or 29 (2.4-2.6), but no way am I swapping out the dropouts every time I want to do this. Anyone else swapping like this?

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
@RhinoMTB

thanks for the reply, yep bang in the middle between L/XL.
I haven’t ridden a MTB for so long I have nothing to compare the bike too so I won’t be used to riding anything Bigger/smaller either way, I think the reach may be the only issue as I have 87cm inside leg so I think that will be ok.

I’m not going to be doing any serious down hill riding, it will be mostly for using out on a few woodland tracks and coastal paths etc, not too intense to start with!

I’ve also got in mind that the new Chameleon is just coming out so depending on Spec/colours and price it may be better to change it for the 2022 large if it works out better. There’s no offers on anywhere in the UK and have just paid £2100 for the 2021 model although I love the colour and understand the Chameleon is a great all round bike.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Alpamayo wrote:
Couple questions for you chameleon owners. I’m ~5’6”, the size chart on SC puts me on a medium. Most of my bikes are smalls, and this is about 2.5-3cm longer reach than my current pony rustler. I do want to use this as a trail bike and a bike packer, so maybe a bigger triangle would be nice for a frame bag, but not at the expense of handling. Anyone 5’6” - 5’7” running a med?

2nd, the dropouts can be changed for27.5 or 29. The 27.5 dropouts look like they’ put the bb ~11mm higher to compensate for the slightly smaller wheel diameter. I suspect the 27.5 dropouts could run 29ers just fine, just putting the bb slightly higher. N=I’d like to be able to swap out wheels between 27.5 (2.8-3) or 29 (2.4-2.6), but no way am I swapping out the dropouts every time I want to do this. Anyone else swapping like this?

I can't help with the dropouts, but the link is a really good video on sizing. @Miller212 it might help you too. I was lucky enough to be able demo a large and decided even with me at 5'10" it was too large for me and I went with a Medium. This video and the Joy of Bike Youtube channel helped sale me on going down a size on my Chameleon and I am glad I did. After several rides, I am leaning towards swapping to a shorter stem even on the Medium. https://youtu.be/fvTKrDhypD4

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
rhinomtb wrote:
I can't help with the dropouts, but the link is a really good video on sizing. @Miller212 it might help you too. I was lucky enough to be able demo a large and decided even with me at 5'10" it was too large for me and I went with a Medium. This video and the Joy of Bike Youtube channel helped sale me on going down a size on my Chameleon and I am glad I did. After several rides, I am leaning towards swapping to a shorter stem even on the Medium. https://youtu.be/fvTKrDhypD4

Too funny this video also helped me a lot I realized I was a frame too much even though every guy at the shops was telling me different.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Hello everybody,

here are some pics of my custom build 27,5" copper brown chameleon.

photo

photo

I use it as a alltime Trail Hardtail for my hometrails and winterriding. Very playful and versatile bike.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
@Rhinomtb, thanks for sending through that link, really helpful and unfortunately as I was expecting the XL has been boxed back up this evening and will be heading back to the dealers, the frame was at least 40mm too big going on the vid and I didn’t want to compromise on something that was not going to be the right fit out of the box.
A local dealer has let slip that he has a couple of 2022 chameleon frames on route that are due in the next couple of weeks so I have put a deposit on a L although specs/geometry and colours are yet to be officially released but apparently due any time! Apparently it will be an all new design not just a colour change so looking forward to seeing what’s coming!!

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
photo

Was at the shop today and they had a '22 in Medium , so I grabbed it. I'm not sure I like it out of the box, of course the poverty spec components and fork will go, but the reach is super long compared to my carbon chameleon (which I loved) and the bike just steered strange, but of course I just rode my full squish bike today so it's hard to compare back to back.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027249
Mobile Version of Website