Canfield brothers formula 1 Jedi--official thread

PB Forum :: Other
Canfield brothers formula 1 Jedi--official thread
Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 19:09 Quote
i'm 6'3". would the new Xl be too big for me?

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
vinnycorleone wrote:
Hey guys,

I am a tall (6 feet 6) rider from the Netherlands. I really want to get myself a Canfield Jedi. But in Europe these are very rare and hard to get.

I'm looking for an XL frameset of 2012 or 2013.

Especially now Canfield presented their 2014 model which is not coming in an XL size! http://canfieldbrothers.com/frames/formula-1-jedi

So anyone who's willing to sell their XL Jedi (maybe to get a 2014 model), let me know!

Vinny - For 2015, we are bringing back the XL to our Jedi. This new size will be aimed at 6'4"-6'6" riders such as yourself. We wanted to make a very BIG bike for your guys. The reach is 470mm with an actual TT of 579mm.

Frames are due to hit around the 1st of the year.

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 at 5:42 Quote
My current build all finished.
photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 15:27 Quote
Crazy message for you Jedi owners....so I was recently in the hunt for a The One bike or frame to buid up, and i came up with a weird thought. possible to make an allmountain out of a jedi? i tend to like longer travel trail bikes, and manueverable DH bikes, so was thinking of building a 1x10 or x11 jedi with a single crown fork! i heard it pedals insanely well so im wondering if anyone has any insight on this. if not ill take a look for a the one/can diggle/ maybe a balance frame, but would love to be one with "the force" of rearword travel..see what i did there?

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 17:54 Quote
Caladbolg wrote:
Crazy message for you Jedi owners....so I was recently in the hunt for a The One bike or frame to buid up, and i came up with a weird thought. possible to make an allmountain out of a jedi? i tend to like longer travel trail bikes, and manueverable DH bikes, so was thinking of building a 1x10 or x11 jedi with a single crown fork! i heard it pedals insanely well so im wondering if anyone has any insight on this. if not ill take a look for a the one/can diggle/ maybe a balance frame, but would love to be one with "the force" of rearword travel..see what i did there?

There was a guy who won an Enduro race at Northstar on his Jedi a few years back Smile

I have '13 Jedi which I have pedalled extensively on occasion to get to a trail...and while it does work....it's just not the same as pedalling The One.

Not to stop you from trying the Jedi for pedally stuff, but I think The One would be the perfect weapon. It has the right angles for actual non-dh riding, but was made to go DH with a triple crown if you want. Very versatile.

Coincidentally I have a 2013 The One which I might part with (small) hint hint Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 20:45 Quote
ahh i 6ft1 ;eaning towards 6ft 2 so your medium may be too small womp womp....thanks for the info though! Theres a great deal on an early model jedi near me. might pick it up and grab and older 07 enduro for trail duties if the jedi isnt what i want...finding a The One frame seems to be a difficult task these days, and i cant even find enough info on a can-diggle

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 17:30 Quote
anybody recommend a single crown fork for an 09 jedi? am i making a mistake buying a bike with a 1 1/8 steerer tube? should i spend double and get a 2014 jedi instead?

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 18:40 Quote
Caladbolg wrote:
anybody recommend a single crown fork for an 09 jedi? am i making a mistake buying a bike with a 1 1/8 steerer tube? should i spend double and get a 2014 jedi instead?

2014 for sure.

No SC on Jedi. Just no. As staten before The ONE for that.

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 23:05 Quote
xetal wrote:
Caladbolg wrote:

2014 for sure.

No SC on Jedi. Just no. As staten before The ONE for that.

well the Jedi I am looking at comes with a dorado on it! But im considering buying a singlecrown/front brake/wheel/stem and handlebars to swap out on trailriding days. Ive just heard the bike pedals so well i would love to just swap out the front fork and the oter parts depends on weekday trail rides or weekend lift service runs

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 23:06 Quote
finding a the One within reasonable pricing is just impossible so

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 2:16 Quote
This thing has exceeded my expectations.

photo

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
Ideate wrote:

photo

What frame is that? It looks like a jedi without a crossmeber!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 19:15 Quote
Caladbolg wrote:
Ideate wrote:

photo

What frame is that? It looks like a jedi without a crossmeber!!

That's the current Jedi Frame.

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
Just bought the 2017 Jedi. Raw with red links. Going to build this up any insight would be greatly appreciated? Canfield does not have its own dedicated manufacturer thread?

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
Anyone looking for a killer deal on a small build, here you go!
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2188522/

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.074013
Mobile Version of Website